• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does DC getting rid of Goyer in favor of Terrio mean exactly? Did they see that Goyer's script wasn't gonna cut it? And do ya'll have faith in Terrio over Goyer?

Besides what others have said it also means Affleck is exerting a certain level of influence over the films, he's the one who brought Terrio on board. I think Affleck is a great director so if he has a say in a scene that isn't really panning out great, then by all means. I like Snyder's movies, but at the same time if they could do a collaborative effort between Snyder's visual elements with Affleck's character direction and personal scenes, then we should be in for a great movie.

I also don't really mind Goyer that much, but I don't think he gets Batman like he does Superman. It felt like they were trying to apply what they did for Batman Begins to Man of Steel on some levels. That or Jonathan Nolan did a lot of heavy lifting. He'll get a lot of shit thrown at him, but as a writer he's done a lot of movies I enjoyed.

ryan299

They didn't get rid of Goyer. All they did was bring in a new writer for a rewrite. It's very common and I bet they had another one or two do an uncredited rewrite before shooting began.

If Goyer was truly fired he wouldn't be getting credit. A lot of his writing still remains, whether that is structure or dialogue. You can tell by the dialogue in the last trailer, that Terrio is a major improvement.

IconGrist

They didn't get rid of Goyer. All they did was bring in a new writer for a rewrite. It's very common and I bet they had another one or two do an uncredited rewrite before shooting began.

If Goyer was truly fired he wouldn't be getting credit. A lot of his writing still remains, whether that is structure or dialogue. You can tell by the dialogue in the last trailer, that Terrio is a major improvement.

No, he'd still get credit. Happens all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if his name is on Justice League as well but that doesn't mean he did anything.

Penguin

Well, the rules for writing credit in Hollywood is weird as heck.

And also would imagine Warner still wants to be on Goyer's good side... fans may dislike him, but he has generated a lot of money for them

a916

This part is a bit puzzling to me, but why is Justice League filming back to back? That second part is going to sit on the shelf for 3 years. (same thing happened with LOTR where filming wrapped in 2000 and the last one released in 2003 but the films were evenly spaced out each year).

I wonder just how connected the films are or if something happens in between.

Didn't Goyer help the Nolan brothers write The Dark Knight trilogy? We're all acting like he's some incompetent writer with no good ideas.

I get the sense it speaks to our confidence in Snyder in addition to Goyer. Most tend to agree Zack Snyder's worst film is Sucker Punch, and to my knowledge it's all him. Even among self-professed Snyder fans, I hear how he needs a strong script to work off of. And that he is capable of doing justice to that script.

IconGrist

This part is a bit puzzling to me, but why is Justice League filming back to back? That second part is going to sit on the shelf for 3 years. (same thing happened with LOTR where filming wrapped in 2000 and the last one released in 2003 but the films were evenly spaced out each year).

I wonder just how connected the films are or if something happens in between.

Well for better or worse it tells you they have a plan and come hell or high water they will stick to it since JL Part 2 will be completed before any of the movies that build up to it.

I'm not so in love with a single villain that I'd like to see one take up both movies. Darkseid almost feels like Joker to me where he gets a lot of cross media exposure. I still want warworld and crime syndicate at some point. Warworld would be fun for a Superman movie, though Mongul has become more of a GL villain as late, I think GL has enough material with manhunters, sinestro corps and the guardians themselves to keep busy.

I wouldn't mind crime syndicate being a two parter that leads into the multiverse with anti-monitor as a villain, but at the same time I think if a lot of the solo villains end up being popular they should do a legion of doom or injustice league for the bad guys of one film.

Frog-fu

Banned
'Scuse you?

I like The Flash, but Grant Gustin does not have the physique of a superhero. The dude looks weak and the wack ass looking budget suit doesn't help either. Speedsters might not be hulking figures, but they at least look fit and formidable. Gustin does not.

I like The Flash, but Grant Gustin does not have the physique of a superhero. The dude looks weak and the wack ass looking budget suit doesn't help either. Speedsters might not be hulking figures, but they at least look fit and formidable. Gustin does not.

Gustin totally looks fit, just not... formidable. Which is okay, honestly. They don't all have to be physically imposing.

And the suit is great, what is wrong with you.

Penguin

Actually Grant looks like what I expect a speedster to be... especially with their high metabolism won't be too large ever

Effect

Ike Barinholtz on Howard Stern said the budget for SS is 250 million. BvS must be an insane number then.
I find it hard to imagine he'd know the exact number. Especially since I doubt WB would want that number out before they're ready for it to be known. They haven't released anything about BvS. I also find it hard to believe that SS as a film would cost anywhere close to that. The action would largely be street level as far as comic book action goes with perhaps the most heavy CGI being focused on Enchantress.

Edit:

While on the subject of SS. IMDB says the film is in post-production. Is this actually the case? Was this ever officially said?

IconGrist

Yea, SS finished principal shooting awhile ago. The only thing filming now is Wonder Woman and I think preparations for Justice League start soon. April I believe.

Ashhong

12295323_478749832295056_6791190216360418063_n.jpg

12316323_478780592291980_5109078350399454308_n.jpg

I laughed too hard at these. I love Batmans face there. Please give me more

I"m still wondering what that explosion shot is. Somehow I'm doubting doomsday caused it, at least not the from the scenes we've seen. That isn't really how heat vision works, even when deflected by a shield.

Frog-fu

Banned
Gustin totally looks fit, just not... formidable. Which is okay, honestly. They don't all have to be physically imposing.

And the suit is great, what is wrong with you.

They don't have to be physically imposing, they just have to look they can actually hurt you.

Have you actually paid attention to the suit? It looks AWFUL.

Legitimately shit tier suit.

When you look for it when watching the show, you'll notice it looks even shittier than any of those images show.

They don't have to be physically imposing, they just have to look they can actually hurt you.

Have you actually paid attention to the suit? It looks AWFUL.

Legitimately shit tier suit.

When you look for it when watching the show, you'll notice it looks even shittier than any of those images show.

It looks good for show on CW budget...

I don't mind Gustin's suit, the only thing is his suit's forehead looks a bit big and barren. Arrow has the better suit of the two with season 4. Supergirl's suit is great as well.

I am sooooo excited to see Ezra Miller in the new suit.

I mean, look at fucking Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman. You can only assume The Flash's costume will be awesome aswell.

Effect

People shitting on the Flash, I can't even.

The costume has always been the weakest part of the show visually. It's just something you get used to and give a pass to. It's a suit that might look better if Grant Gustin was more bulky I think. Look at the Reverse Flash and Zoom suits. Both worn by actors that were bigger and as a result the suits look better I feel. Same with Jay Garricks suit as well.

Penguin

Changing gears, I'm surprised at how few marketing materials are out for this movie

There are more Civil War posters than there are posters for this movie. Figured we would have gotten more of those before the latest trailer.

Loxley

Changing gears, I'm surprised at how few marketing materials are out for this movie

There are more Civil War posters than there are posters for this movie. Figured we would have gotten more of those before the latest trailer.

Yeah, it is a bit weird that we're only three months out from release (Jesus we're almost there after three freaking years) and we've just gotten the three main trailers and a slow trickle of promo shots.

I'm still holding to my theory that WB are simply waiting for the New Year, when Star Wars has come and gone, to begin the all-out marketing onslaught.

Penguin

March DC Comics... comics will have BvS variant covers. Sadly seems like only for a handful of books

BATMAN #50 - Polybagged variant cover by JIM LEE
DETECTIVE COMICS #50 - Polybagged variant cover by RAFAEL GRAMPA
BATGIRL #50 - Polybagged variant cover by KEVIN NOWLAN
GRAYSON #18 - Polybagged variant cover by STEPHEN PLATT
ROBIN: SON OF BATMAN #10 - Polybagged variant cover by RYAN OTTLEY
BATMAN/SUPERMAN #30 - Polybagged variant cover by TONY MOORE
SUPERMAN #50 - Polybagged variant cover by KAARE ANDREWS
ACTION COMICS #50 - Polybagged variant cover by MARTIN ANSIN
SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #27 - Polybagged variant cover by CHARLIE ADLARD
WONDER WOMAN #50 - Polybagged variant cover by MASSIMO CARNEVALE

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/1...superman-variant-cover-theme-month-this-march

batman-v-superman-variants-162484.jpg

Effect

I'm surprised the Justice League titles aren't getting variants as well. Same with Aquaman, Flash, and Cyborg. Though that might be seen as them confirming their appearances. However a Justice League cover wouldn't pushing things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom