• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I think she specifies that "the creature" is never called Doomsday. Still sounds completely fake but that one thing isn't too bad.

Well, I hope that part is true. Doomsday is such a dumb name. And tbf, so is Superman, Batman etc. but we are used to those.

Doesn't she also say that the 2nd BvS fight lasts something like 20 minutes?

That is kinda overkill (not that I think it's true), Snyder can shoot those action scenes like no other for sure. But 20 min straight? That would be very tiring and I can't even imagine how that would go down. It's not a boxing match. And Zimmer is good, but I doubt he can score something like that. Zod fight was like 7/8 minutes?

Maddocks

Booster Gold named him so that makes it an awesome name. =P

yup.

But still, I wouldn't believe it because if you do read all of it and it turns out to be all true, that would ruin any and all surprise. So I would avoid it if you are a fan, because you can never be sure. I don't believe it because everyone under the sun was calling the creature doomsday, and if it was written a day ago, not buying it.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Have a new thread window open... should I do it?

Nope, people still high on SW. Don't remind them of that horrible awful movie that is coming in a few months. The movie they've already seen thanks to the trailers, with a shitty director, a balding, wooden Superman, a skinny WW, [insert cycle]. It will be horrible, more than the usual.

Tabby

Nope, people still high on SW. Don't remind them of that horrible awful movie that is coming in a few months. The movie they've already seen thanks to the trailers, with a shity director, a balding, wooden Superman, a skinny WW, [insert cycle]. It will be horrible, more than the usual.

With a shitty Lex Zuckerberg wannabe.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
"I have no idea what im doing"

What is with Superman's face?

Doesn't even look like Henry Cavill.

That Batsuit still looks really bad imo.

Looks terrible. Why is Wonder Woman so skinny? Also three characters in one movie?

Hmm that Batman one is all kinds of awkward

Wonder where Clark buys his eyeliner

liefeld chestin'

Batman looks like a fucking Transformer.

Henry's lips in that poster look poppin' lol

I see you, Gal.

That honestly doesn't look like Cavil to me. And the Batsuit probably wasn't meant to be seen on its own in decent light.

This!

Like they Super imposed Christopher Reeves on top of Cavill and threw some make up
Very macabre

Superman looks ultra douchey there. is that even Henry Cavill? wtf

Haha..ha. Just amazing tbh. Damn.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I've read enough. Maybe it will die quickly so I don't see it on the first page hopefully.

Sad it's come to regulars of this thread debating on making a new thread for news. I'm with most here, I wouldn't have done it, but sooner or later someone is gonna find the stuff and post it.

Tabby

So is this what it's come to? Cowering from OT?

Gonna be a long 3 months.

I mean, we've had so many BvS threads I'm just bored of people complaining.

First it was "This Comic Con trailer is so good, typical of Snyder; movie will be a wreck" to "This trailer so bad, I seen everything now."
You can't win with some people.

BadAss2961

Yeah, I've read enough. Maybe it will die quickly so I don't see it on the first page hopefully.
My favorite...
I'm really trying hard to remain hyped for this, but these posters are awful.

Also, the Cavill poster reminds me of something...
Dave_Chapelle_t750x550.jpg
lol, so random.

I'll admit, didn't see the posters until the new thread.

Wonder Woman's poses in posters and clips are on point. Not talking about the costume and casting. Just how they portray her in a strong stance.

Effect

Not cowering. Just trying not to deal with the BS. No matter what you say or is shown that shit happens. Even if it's just hyperbole and jokes, which would normally be fine, it just enables others that always shit up every thread made there about this. I'm really tired of reading that BS and having it take over topics.

There's no merit to it. The OT posts are almost always terrible. There's no talk or discussion - it's the same group of people puking out the same tired buzzwords and tired jokes. Constantly swearing off the movie (or "trying to stay hyped" as if they're fooling anyone), yet always shitting up every thread about how fucking shitty/grimdaerk/sad/inferior it looks.

It's gotten to the point that I'd rather there be no OT for the movie. No one seems to be able to handle it.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Jup, it's just so tiring.

In here we can actually discuss stuff normally and it is way more enjoyable.

IconGrist

The OT posts are almost always terrible. There's no talk or discussion - it's the same group of people puking out the same tired buzzwords and tired jokes. Constantly swearing off the movie (or "trying to stay hyped" as if they're fooling anyone), yet always shitting up every thread about how fucking shitty/grimdaerk/sad/inferior it looks. There's no merit to OT posts about this movie.

It's gotten to the point that I'd rather there be no OT for the movie.

Or at the very least post it in OT Community. How much of GAF actually checks this section?

There's no merit to it. The OT posts are almost always terrible. There's no talk or discussion - it's the same group of people puking out the same tired buzzwords and tired jokes. Constantly swearing off the movie (or "trying to stay hyped" as if they're fooling anyone), yet always shitting up every thread about how fucking shitty/grimdaerk/sad/inferior it looks.

It's gotten to the point that I'd rather there be no OT for the movie. No one seems to be able to handle it.

Exactly this, it's a form of hatewatching.

I don't mind if people dislike it but it's usually the same handful of people shitting up every single thread, and not usually limiting it to even a couple of posts. It gets to the point where it derails every single thread made. Usually when I dislike things I just drop it, instead of actively sabotaging any discussion about it.

It's not some "we're persecuted" thing. I don't think anyone would be against criticism or some debate. That would be pretty cool. But, in regards to this movie, no one seems to be capable of that.

Exactly this, it's a form of hatewatching.

I don't mind if people dislike it but it's usually the same handful of people shitting up every single thread, and not usually limiting it to even a couple of posts. It gets to the point where it derails every single thread made. Usually when I dislike things I just drop it.

Never understood it either. Some of them have managed to pop into every BvS thread near the start and talk about how terrible it looks. You'd think after 6-10 threads, you'd come to the realization it's probably not for you and move on, but some just have to continue for some strange reason.

Maddocks

OT threads are where you turn into the skid. You have to post saying the same things as them. That way the thread will go away faster.

I personally liked the posters, they are just posters. lots and lots of posters look bad but to say Henry doesn't look like Henry? that is hyperbole.

the wonder woman one looks great, the other two are kinda crap tbh. superman looks like he's marketing zoolander 2.

whatever, posters are posters. i find it strange though how good batman's looked in the trailers but how crap the still images of him have been. from the empire cover to even the hot toys figure he looks fat, but in the trailer it seemed fine.

the wonder woman one looks great, the other two are kinda crap tbh. superman looks like he's marketing zoolander 2.

whatever, posters are posters. i find it strange though how good batman's looked in the trailers but how crap the still images of him have been. from the empire cover to even the hot toys figure he looks fat, but in the trailer it seemed fine.

That fucking Hot Toys figure, man. It looks like he's wearing his dad's suit.

SimleuqiR

Aside from the name, I feel like DC has done a really good job of making Wonder Woman feel equally important to this movie as Batman/Superman.

I'm not sure if it's a reaction to all the bad press that Marvel got with Avengers/Black Widow, but it is appreciated

If you respect the material then Wonder Woman is as important as Batman and Supes. She just hasn't gotten her due in Hollywood....yet. Come March that will change.

Aside from the name, I feel like DC has done a really good job of making Wonder Woman feel equally important to this movie as Batman/Superman.

I'm not sure if it's a reaction to all the bad press that Marvel got with Avengers/Black Widow, but it is appreciated

It's smart. Take the EW cover, she's front and center. We've seen Batman and Superman before, but this is the first live action Wondy since Lynda Carter (and for some, the first ever live action Wonder Woman). So, plug her more.

I feel like that was a better road to take, compared to the EW cover for Civil War. Which stuck him behind Cap and Tony (despite the fact that he was featured by name!) on the front of the cover, a new character, and is the focus of a very cool article.

It's smart. Take the EW cover, she's front and center. We've seen Batman and Superman before, but this is the first live action Wondy since Lynda Carter (and for some, the first ever live action Wonder Woman). So, plug her more.

I feel like that was a better road to take, compared to the EW cover for Civil War. Which stuck him behind Cap and Tony (despite the fact that he was featured by name!) on the front of the cover, a new character, and is the focus of a very cool article.

And then of course there's the meow.

IconGrist

How in a topic about character designs between the big two does someone still manage to bring up the quality of the movies? It's unreal.

BadAss2961

It's not some "we're persecuted" thing. I don't think anyone would be against criticism or some debate. That would be pretty cool. But, in regards to this movie, no one seems to be capable of that.
"Persecution complex" seems to be the latest buzzword for DCGAF. I'm not sure which guy started it.

I find it amusing, how creative GAF can be with hyperbolic 'criticism'.

Edit: It is pretty akward that people, in every comic book movie/series thread point out 'cheesy' and 'corny' lines. It's a goddamn Billionaire im a Bat-costume fighting crimes at night an that applies to every super hero movie ever.

3N16MA

Banned
That thread is fucking depressing. People just find all kinds of reasons to shit on BvS no matter what. Sigh.

It's just more opinions and you have to remember that is all it is. I personally don't get it as I think all three character look pretty good.

Everyone else can think what they want to think. I'm still hyped.

Simo

THAT looks much better, although I'm still concerned about neck articulation.

The armored suit figure looks ok but it looks like they used Keaton's likeness instead of Affleck. lol
12376079_1244720635542073_1883853803964089534_n.jpg

12373330_1244739395540197_5411880190583454903_n.jpg

Here's the Knightmare figure:
12346512_1244720608875409_4103280791910239856_n.jpg

GeeTeeCee

That last Knightmare pic sorta looks like Batman's none too happy about the current location of the stick holding him onto the display plinth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom