• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

Man, I have no reservations about Affleck as Batman since I think he's a decent actor and Bats looks great in motion but for some reason, he comes out so damn goofy looking in stills.

It will always look goofy when it's not in their natural habitat.

jett

D-Member
New?

TbrJ8jt.png

They really wanted that outfit to remind people of the classic swimsuit.

guek

Banned
I wonder if we'll get Wonder Woman throwing her tiara, Xena-style, in any of these movies.

Fuck it, put in the YAYAYAYAYAYA for good measure
not really, pls no

Just finished reading Lex's newest interview. I'm really loving these viral marketing bits. Love that they're slowly giving us a glimpse into the DC world. Also love the mention of Kord Industries... maybe a hint of a (Jaime) Blue Beetle movie?!

Only if Santa Claus and/or God are both a) real and b) have been listening to me.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Cavill is surprisingly knowledgeable about Superman, every single interview of him talking about the character you always think "whoa this guy gets it" I hope he gets more material in BvS and not just frowning and making angry faces to the camera.

IconGrist

Cavill is surprisingly knowledgeable about Superman, every single interview of him talking about the character you always think "whoa this guy gets it" I hope he gets more material in BvS and not just frowning and making angry faces to the camera.

Not too surprising actually. He's wanted to play Superman for a long time. He auditioned for the McG Flyby movie that got dropped. He auditioned for Returns and finally got it for Man of Steel. Amy Adams auditioned for Lois for all 3 movies as well.

Not too surprising actually. He's wanted to play Superman for a long time. He auditioned for the McG Flyby movie that got dropped. He auditioned for Returns and finally got it for Man of Steel. Amy Adams auditioned for Lois for all 3 movies as well.

I wonder if she auditioned for Lois on Smallville, cuz she did end up on Smallville as one of the Kryptonite Radiation Metahumans of the week, the Fat Girl who had to eat like million calories a day and could unhinge her jaw anaconda style.

Loxley

I'm loving how Gal is front and centre in much of these ensemble pics. Good role modelling there.

It's particularly admirable since WB have a new, awesome Batman to shove in everyone's faces and because of the fact that the movie is called Batman v Superman. So to see them promote Wonder Woman this much despite most of the initial hype around the movie being the confrontation between Bats and Supes is pretty cool.

a916

It's particularly admirable since WB have a new, awesome Batman to shove in everyone's faces and because of the fact that the movie is called Batman v Superman. So to see them promote Wonder Woman this much despite most of the initial hype around the movie being the confrontation between Bats and Supes is pretty cool.

I ran into someone that told me how this is such a bad thing because it's "misleading marketing" lol.

Psykoboy2

Played some Destiny with a pick up group for a raid the other night and they were excited for the movie but couldn't figure out who the woman was.

I'm not even kidding.

guek

Banned

Well it'd look uneven if Batman were in between the two on a cover like that. Of course, they could have just omitted her entirely too. I really hope she ends up stealing the show in BvS.

Gleethor

Going to see Star Wars hopefully this Sunday or Monday, what BvS trailer did they end up attaching for those that have already seen it?

I had heard they used the SDCC trailer.

I truly hope she isn't serious for her sake, and it's just for clicks. Otherwise the bar has been lowered.

I saw a slightly cut down version of the most recent trailer, and they removed the Joker line which was terrible since thats like the best part of the trailer.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Is that even viral marketing? It's like, super-overt marketing. You'd have to know very, very little about Superman in pop culture to not know that it's fake.

When I think of viral marketing, I think of stuff designed to be a little obtuse and somewhat obfuscated, with a bit of mystery about it that makes people spread it around naturally trying to figure it out.

I saw a slightly cut down version of the most recent trailer, and they removed the Joker line which was terrible since thats like the best part of the trailer.

Yeah, this is what I saw, too. Didn't realize that part at the time, though...but I did feel like it felt shorter. Anyway, it was cool seeing footage in 3D.

I'm surprised they didn't have the Captain America: Civil War trailer. My brothers and I were expecting it to be there.

Penguin

I was hoping the article didn't make it over here, saw it on SHH and it's just drivel.

Utterly stupid. I swear people lose all sense around this movie. When you are taking fake interviews which literally have "Warner Bros" stamped on it because can't pass it off as legitimate news to task for trying to be "Real"

Yeah, I don't think anybody's going to be tricked into thinking that someone from Wired is forreal interviewing Lex Luthor.

I don't think there's a person on the planet who a) gets Wired and b) is so totally, comprehensively out of the pop-cultural loop that they don't know who Lex Luthor is.

That strikes me as a venn diagram with no overlap.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I like how she has already made up her mind that The Social Network is better than this movie without having watched this yet.

This movie seems to bring the stupid in some people. What's wrong with those fake interviews anyway? I found them funny and amusing :shrugs

I like how she has already made up her mind that The Social Network is better than this movie without having watched this yet.

This movie seems to bring the stupid in some people. What's wrong with those fake interviews anyway? I found them funny and amusing :shrugs

Thats just the ole Persecution Complex © talking.

ReiGun

What about "complaining about bias" since that happens every time too
Sure. Why not?

Let's be real. In threads about the movie, the film itself has become secondary to our collective sick obsession with proving how right and rational we are. I feel the cycle should start reflecting that. :p

At this point, "Bringing up the BvS Thread cycle" is just as much a part of the cycle as anything else.

WE'VE BEEN ASSIMILATED.

Perhaps a bingo board would serve us better at this point.

It is a bit funny to hear broad audience opinions on BvS going to Star Wars and whatnot. Anecdotal, lots of optimism for the film itself but Affleck's casting still seen as a joke and no love for his costume. Rarely occurs to me that a grey and black Batman is nearing a fifty year absence in live action.

Simo

Going to see Star Wars hopefully this Sunday or Monday, what BvS trailer did they end up attaching for those that have already seen it?

I had heard they used the SDCC trailer.

When I saw Star Wars on IMAX they played the newest trailer, in full. Was hard to gauge much of a reaction to it other than the "clowns" line. Of course the trailer that followed right after was for Captain America: Civil War and it was pretty jarring....lol

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
My theatre dropped the ball on the trailers before Star Wars. No Civil War, no Batman v Superman, no X-Men. I couldn't believe it. Like, how do you not even have the Civil War trailer???

I got ID4-2, Kung Fu Panda 3, Secret Life of Pets, The 5th Wave, Jungle Book, and the Finest Hours. WTF?

When I saw Star Wars on IMAX they played the newest trailer, in full. Was hard to gauge much of a reaction to it other than the "clowns" line. Of course the trailer that followed right after was for Captain America: Civil War and it was pretty jarring....lol

Same at my theater. Not only BvS and Civil War back to back, another duo of films to share a premise were the Independence Day sequel and another film about alien invaders with Ron Livingston. Heck, there were two animated talking animal trailers, too, but at least they book-ended the others.

tim1138

We had the newest BvS trailer before Star Wars and people went nuts when Wonder Woman showed up. Clapping, cheering, and a couple "oh my god it's Wonder Woman!" 's.

Effect

The BvS trailer was weird. No ratings intro to it. It started right away after the Civil War trailer was over. People chuckled at the Lex part but there was clearly talk and positive talk about Wonder Woman at the end. No negative opinions that I could hear or see and I was looking around and listening as well. It's an edited version of the latest trailer though. Clearly for time and it felt weird because I saw the full thing. The edits are fine though. I just had a problem with how it just suddenly started playing but I guess that too was cut for time.

My sister hadn't seen the latest trailer until today and said she really liked it. I was curious as to what her opinion would be. Didn't care at all that Doomsday was shown. It's been the same way with a few other people I've talked. The didn't really care the way some on the Internet seem to act like they do.

The only trailer that I think didn't go over well was the Gods of Egypt trailer. That was the case the last time I was in the theater and the first trailer played. People just didn't seem to respond well to it. People were also iffy on the Warcraft trailer as well but to a lesser extent.

My favorite trailer actually was The Jungle Book trailer. I hadn't seen it until today and I really enjoyed it but I love the Jungle Book story and animated film. If the bear necessities song actually gets sung, and there was a hint of it in the trailer, in the film then I'll be extremely happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom