• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Watching the Superman vs Zod battle from MoS. The action scenes are just so amazing, the hell with critics/haters. The way it is shot, you can just feel the impact and it's pretty accurate to what would happen were two gods to fight in a city. Combine that with Zimmer's incredible score...love that movie.

Some pics of the figures I got:

The Superman in that 3-pack has a really cheap cape.

Here's the basic Batman movie figure next to a Batman figure from 2003 when Mattel first got the DC license.

I wish they had the 6" DC Multiverse ones I wanted. Those are like the DC Universe Classics from a few years ago, and like the Marvel Legends figures. But alas, the pegs for them were empty. Heh. But, for the price of two of those, I got five figures, so I guess I can't complain.

See now that Batmobile is what im talking about, that might actually work for the older smaller scale figures.
At least as a display piece.

Kind of want the Man of Steel logo shirt from that DC website. I don't care much for the Miller batman logo though. WW looks good too. I'm liking the equal marketing focus but it seems like no one praises it on blogs.

Saw the toys at Walmart when I went there today, was a pretty small section, laughed when I saw Superman with wings. Kids seemed to like it though, there were a few looking at em. Had the multiverse Bat/BatArmor/Supes, and some other branding with WW/Batman/Supes, and Two giant figures with wings and pre recordered voice lines. I don't think they were Cavill & Affleck but Batman's was modulated.

strafer

please dont make a new thread please dont make a new thread please dont make a new thread please dont make a new thread please dont make a new thread please dont make a new thread please dont make a new thread

Tabby

It always sound so sexual when Bruce says "It's time you learn what it means to be a man"
There's going to be a SupermanxBatman fanfic I can tell.

The opening notes when supes walks into the courtroom are awesome. Is this the new Junkie stuff?

Sounds like it.

I know you're a junior member but why don't you have the decency to spoiler tag this? Some people wanted to wait for the movie to come out...

/s seriously though I LOL'd

I'm glad you did. Bit of an inside joke around my house with him guarding the hot sauce. Thought I'd share

Penguin

You gotta admit there are some pretty cool lines in this movie.

I said it before (since pretty similar commercials), but the last trailer was without but this movie shows well in commercials.

Hard not to think it looks like a grand event

It always sound so sexual when Bruce says "It's time you learn what it means to be a man"
There's going to be a SupermanxBatman fanfic I can tell.

Sounds like it.

"A?" Singular?

do you think we will reach a second thread before the movie?

Honestly, if we hit the post limit it might be best to just move over to the DCCU thread and/or the official movie OT (since we're probably not going to get there until right before release).

Feel confident saying it's impossible to be spoiled on the movie at this point with so many "screeners".

I'm going to stick with Faraci's take for now where
Batman forms the league at the end of the movie with the trinity

also
Mini drones just seem implausible. I'm still thinking Lex War suit is a thing.

Penguin

Feel confident saying it's impossible to be spoiled on the movie at this point with so many "screeners".

I'm going to stick with Faraci's take for now where
Batman forms the league at the end of the movie with the trinity

That's honestly wh I'm posting them

If it was one or two, easy to pick a right or wrong version

When there's like 6 different ones out there
Just a good laugh.

If Batman is
running the League I will flip my shit. It will come across as DC/WB finally giving up on Superman.

i hope it happens. because..well...
cj8o7bkvaaemsmp.jpg

everybody loves batgod.

nice tv spot. god damn i know a lot of DC fans don't want it but I just want them to delay something in favor of a batman solo. the prospect of more affleck/irons with possibly leto too and ben directing. man i need it.

If Batman is
running the League I will flip my shit. It will come across as DC/WB finally giving up on Superman.

I'm guessing
It will be a joint leadership, with Batman proposing the idea and Superman being the public face or chairman (he's appparently loved in BvS, while Batman is vigilante status). I really never got the impression that there was one leaguer who made all the decisions. It seemed to be a mostly democratic process (Young Justice when they're recruiting members, or Tower of Babel when they votekicked Batman) the trinity/veteran members made the calls. New 52 I think changed it around a bit, I remember Aquaman and Batman fighting for leadership in the origin story, and Hal tried to take over for awhile, unsuccessfully.

Penguin

nice tv spot. god damn i know a lot of DC fans don't want it but I just want them to delay something in favor of a batman solo. the prospect of more affleck/irons with possibly leto too and ben directing. man i need it.

Honestly, I'd imagine once you get past Aquaman, no one would really care

Wonder Woman needed to happen
Everyone wants to see the Justice League

Folks would probably be happier if the Flash movie was outright cancelled since it doesn't have Grant

And still don't believe Cyborg is gonna happen

I love grant but Ezra is a fantastic actor, not worried about him but I have no idea what WB was thinking giving the flash movie to some guy who just wrote some comedy books

It's strange, hopefully he pulls it off though. He has a lot to take from between the quicksilver stuff and the TV show too

But yeah aside from suicide squad an Affleck batman movie is just what I need from this universe

IconGrist

He's just not that interesting for a lead villain role. He never has grander plans than 1) get cured or 2) get money.

Well if we go by that metric you cut out like 95% of Batman's rogues, lol.

Honestly, I'd imagine once you get past Aquaman, no one would really care

Wonder Woman needed to happen
Everyone wants to see the Justice League

Folks would probably be happier if the Flash movie was outright cancelled since it doesn't have Grant

And still don't believe Cyborg is gonna happen

I feel like only a small group of people care about this. I love Grant as Barry. Him and Joe on that show just kill it for me every week but when it comes to different actors playing the same characters simultaneously I say bring it on. The more the merrier. If one sucks then at least you still have the other. If both are great then it's double your pleasure.

Penguin

I hope with an already established Batman that we get some villains in a cold open to a solo film.

Like him tracking down, I don't know like a Penguin or Riddler in the opening 10 minutes.

Well if we go by that metric you cut out like 95% of Batman's rogues, lol.

Exactly haha. That's why his villains keep getting reused.

I hope with an already established Batman that we get some villains in a cold open to a solo film.

Like him tracking down, I don't know like a Penguin or Riddler in the opening 10 minutes.

Really, this is the best way to do it. That or just get right to the thick of it (they need to introduce Ivy asap, and get that Harley relationship going).

He's just not that interesting for a lead villain role. He never has grander plans than 1) get cured or 2) get money.

He had some interesting stuff going on Gotham Academy with regards to seeking acceptance on the stage and his terrible "parenting" with a sentient chunk of himself.

Plus, a live-action Clayface movie has a ton of potential in the Thriller department. Think about it, near-perfect shapeshifting? Some SUPER TENSE potential moments.

a916

Going by most Man of Steel arguments here I'd say that's obvious.

Most the critique (even from professionals) delves into what the film wasn't and why it wasn't like the Donner films. It's a fine discussion to have, but a reboot film should be critiqued on it's own merits.

"If I wanted it, you'd be dead already."

Wellthereitis.gif

The first time I heard it, I didn't like the delivery, but in the new commercials or trailers, it sounds slightly different... for the better. More agressive as if they added a slight reverb to it to make it sound more booming.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
It's probably nothing, but in the latest trailer Senator Finch's clothes are different from the SDCC trailer.

HH%2BSenator.jpg

senator-finch-in-batman-v-superman.jpg

Probably just another take they used, or do you guys think we have multiple hearings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom