• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably nothing, but in the latest trailer Senator Finch's clothes are different from the SDCC trailer.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XYnc0k-c334/VbELCY4XCWI/AAAAAAAAJe4/LP-L6MRpy0U/s1600/HH%2BSenator.jpg[img]

[img]http://www.therobotspajamas.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/senator-finch-in-batman-v-superman.jpg[img]

Probably just another take they used, or do you guys think we have multiple hearings?[/QUOTE]

Maybe another criminal on court.

jey_16

Banned
I love grant but Ezra is a fantastic actor, not worried about him but I have no idea what WB was thinking giving the flash movie to some guy who just wrote some comedy books

It's strange, hopefully he pulls it off though. He has a lot to take from between the quicksilver stuff and the TV show too

But yeah aside from suicide squad an Affleck batman movie is just what I need from this universe

so are Lord and Miller not writing or directing the Flash film? that sucks....huge fan of their work

GeeTeeCee

I'd honestly love to see Hush as the villain in a standalone.

Yep. I wanted him to be the villain in TDKR, back before we knew it was going to be Bane. I was hoping for a film with Batman on the run from both the cops and a new threat that seemed to know everything about him.

That UK TV spot is great, though it seems a little early (even Star Wars didn't start advertising heavily here until a couple of weeks before release). If only I actually watched anything on ITV to catch the advert breaks. Maybe if I'm lucky it'll show up when Sky starts showing Legends of Tomorrow or when Arrow and Flash return.

That UK TV spot is great, though it seems a little early (even Star Wars didn't start advertising heavily here until a couple of weeks before release). If only I actually watched anything on ITV to catch the advert breaks. Maybe if I'm lucky it'll show up when Sky starts showing Legends of Tomorrow or when Arrow and Flash return.

It was during a showing of TDK, so they probably made an exception.

Effect

It's probably nothing, but in the latest trailer Senator Finch's clothes are different from the SDCC trailer.

HH%2BSenator.jpg

senator-finch-in-batman-v-superman.jpg

Probably just another take they used, or do you guys think we have multiple hearings?

Bookends maybe. Start with the film with her and a hearing and end the film the same way?

I just want Clayface as the main villain in a Batman movie. I feel like it will never happen.

Red Hood - Joker as a minor villain.
. Catwoman already around, mostly partner at that point.
. League of Shadows around/exist. no major role in the 3+ solo movies.
. Joker not the big bad for at least the first 2.

Ivy - Just have her as a throwaway getting captured in an intro and in a later movie go the Arkham Knight route with her.

Hush

Firefly - Intro scene villain, makes for a good one off action scene.
or part of a villain team.
Bane - not a big bad. Intro or team villain.
Shiva - not a big bad. team villain, LoS member or mentor role.
Clayface - not a big bad. team or intro scene.
Deadshot - intro or team villain.
Scarecrow - intro or team villain.
Deathstroke - team villain only.
Croc - intro or flashback villain.
Harley - intro or Ivy team villain.
Anarky - intro villain.

Riddler - Major side role, preferably not a big bad(unless they feel Batman needs to show off a more mental prowess after BvS and JL.)

Court of Owls

Mr Freeze -can't see him being used as a big bad again, not a team up kinda villain. deserves better than an intro scene.
Two-Face - can't see him being used as a big bad, maybe a team up but a stretch. maybe an intro scene, and a bit late to still just be Harvey Dent.
(TDK just did Two-Face too well, better than Joker imo.)

Folks would probably be happier if the Flash movie was outright cancelled since it doesn't have Grant
Im hoping somehow the DCCU is established as an alternate Earth on the Flash series.
Be it one crossing over which already works for the tv series but would make an awesome after credits scene for a Flash movie(especially Flash being fun and light-hearted).
or they just rip Wells Reverse Flash and use him for the movies(no chance but I can dream.)

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
If Batman is
running the League I will flip my shit. It will come across as DC/WB finally giving up on Superman.
I can see why that might irk some people because it is such a departure from the source material but at the same time
Batman has much more experience and it makes more sense given the context of the EU.

I can see why that might irk some people because it is such a departure from the source material but at the same time [spolier]Batman has much more experience and it makes more sense given the context of the EU.[/spoiler]

And he
has the money for infrastructures.

IconGrist

I can see why that might irk some people because it is such a departure from the source material but at the same time
Batman has much more experience and it makes more sense given the context of the EU.

Ideally that role is better suited for Wonder Woman. Leader of an Amazonian army. Well versed in battle strategy (way more than Bats given how long she's been around), most of Superman's power with none of his weaknesses or true weaknesses at all. Amd she can call on the aid of the Greek God's she has in her favor. Bats is underqualified.

Not to mention I can't see why a bunch of (essentially) gods would want a leader that can't relate to them at all. Batman, as capable as he is, is still just some asshole in a bat costume.

Coming from someone who just watched the show, I thought this is why they roundtabled. Because they each have valid qualities for decision making. Martian Manhunter seemes like the most authoritive person there, since he delegated all missions. Batman exists as an underling spefically so he can disobey commands.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Ideally that role is better suited for Wonder Woman. Leader of an Amazonian army. Well versed in battle strategy (way more than Bats given how long she's been around), most of Superman's power with none of his weaknesses or true weaknesses at all. Amd she can call on the aid of the Greek God's she has in her favor. Bats is underqualified.

Not to mention I can't see why a bunch of (essentially) gods would want a leader that can't relate to them at all. Batman, as capable as he is, is still just some asshole in a bat costume.
True Tea. I agree.

shingi70

Banned
Everything should a demorcary where every member vets a say, but idea should be started by Wonder Woman imo. Despite what happens Bruce is still a bit of a lone wolf who sees the need for the league but not being a really active member yet, and Superman being the public face but also a bit too busy. Give the lead to Wonder Woman like original JLA comics did. After that all the decisions are a bit more voting.

Loxley

Coming from someone who just watched the show, I thought this is why they roundtabled. Because they each have valid qualities for decision making. Martian Manhunter seemes like the most authoritive person there, since he delegated all missions. Batman exists as an underling spefically so he can disobey commands.

Exactly. Every member of the League brings something different to the table, and they'd all make great leaders in their own right (albeit in different ways). It's their own differing views on humanity that makes their whole dynamic so interesting to me.

Penguin

Hmm, you know never thought about who the leader of the League is.

Like would peg Manhunter since he was the most consistent member until the New 52.

But it seems to be mostly equals, but the Trinity is held in high-regards

Like one of the reboots where they literally sat around the Batcave voting on members

On the villains for the solo Batman movies

1. Court of Owls
If they use the Court, they will show every aspect of Batman. Martial artist, detective, gadgets, interrogator. All of them in an excellent story.

2. Maybe Red Hood

3. Riddler and Deashot

On the league's leader

If by leader you mean the person who will decide the battle tactics of the league, then the leader should be Batman. If you mean a person who will decide absolutely everything, I would prefer the league to use a voting system or just talk about what they should do.

IconGrist

On the villains for the solo Batman movies

1. Court of Owls
If they use the Court, they will show every aspect of Batman. Martial artist, detective, gadgets, interrogator. All of them in an excellent story.

2. Maybe Red Hood

3. Riddler and Deashot

On the league's leader

If by leader you mean the person who will decide the battle tactics of the league, then the leader should be Batman. If you mean a person who will decide absolutely everything, I would prefer the league to use a voting system or just talk about what they should do.

I still don't quite get why Batman gets that vote for battle tactics when Wondy can strategize circles around him. It almost feels like Diana is either completely forgotten about because she hasn't quite been in the spotlight like Superman and Batman have, or Batman gets voted because he's the "cool" one, or maybe because Wonder Woman is, well, a woman and people still have a hard time with that.

I'm not pointing fingers at anybody. More a general observation.

Tabby

Everyone always talks about wanting to see adaptions but honestly I'd rather see fresh new stories.
Don't mind it being done like TDK or TDKR where they take bits and pieces make a new story using the stories as inspiration.

I still don't quite get why Batman gets that vote for battle tactics when Wondy can strategize circles around him. It almost feels like Diana is either completely forgotten about because she hasn't quite been in the spotlight like Superman and Batman have, or Batman gets voted because he's the "cool" one, or maybe because Wonder Woman is, well, a woman and people still have a hard time with that.

I have read Justice League stories with Wonder Woman in them, but I don't remember her strategizing. So, I don't know how much better than Batman she is. She's trained from Ares, though, so she has to be good.

IconGrist

I have read Justice League stories with Wonder Woman in them, but I don't remember her strategizing. So, I don't know how much better than Batman she is. She's trained from Ares, though, so she has to be good.

She's currently the God of War. Don't get much more qualified than that, lol.

Compbros

Because Batman is seen as a man that has no choice BUT to strategize whereas the heroes with powers just have to use their power strategically.

IconGrist

Because Batman is seen as a man that has no choice BUT to strategize whereas the heroes with powers just have to use their power strategically.

Which works out fine if he's got ample time but that still doesn't make him better at it than Diana. But if Darkseid shows up looking to start some shit he needs to keep his ass out of the way, lol. I'm really curious to see what BatFleck is doing during the Doomsday fight.

I'm sure Diana has a lot of combat expertise but Batman is usually the league's goto scientist (assuming it's not marston's take on WW or Barry Allen who's also a scientist) which goes into the battle plans.

But yeah it's usually about finding a way to make Batman useful.

bryanee

Which works out fine if he's got ample time but that still doesn't make him better at it than Diana. But if Darkseid shows up looking to start some shit he needs to keep his ass out of the way, lol. I'm really curious to see what BatFleck is doing during the Doomsday fight.

Wonder Woman needs to be on the frontlines whilst Batman is strategizing and relaying orders across the League.

Its always fun when Batman confronts Darkseid whether it be in the comics or in an animated show.

Vue cinemas posted a synopsis

https://m.myvue.com/film-info.aspx?filmid=6282[1]
Synopsis
Following his titanic struggle against General Zod, Metropolis has been razed to the ground and Superman is the most controversial figure in the world. While for many he is still an emblem of hope, a growing number of people consider him a threat to humanity, seeking justice for the chaos he has brought to Earth.
As far as Bruce Wayne is concerned, Superman is clearly a danger to society. He fears for the future of the world with such a reckless power left ungoverned, and so he dons his mask and cape to right Superman’s wrongs.
The rivalry between them is furious, fuelled by bitterness and vengeance, and nothing can dissuade them from waging this war. However, a dark new threat arises in the form of a third man: one who has a power greater than either of them to endanger the world and cause total destruction.
The superhero stand-off that the world has been waiting for is finally arriving in cinemas, with an all-star cast bringing to life the characters we all love.
Zack Snyder (300) returns as director following the huge success of 2013’s Man of Steel, along with Henry Cavill (The Man from U.N.C.L.E.) in the role of Superman.
Also starring Ben Affleck (Gone Girl) as Batman, Amy Adams (American Hustle) as Lois Lane, and Gal Gadot (Fast & Furious 7) as Wonder Woman, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is an explosive, action-packed blockbuster that is sure to thrill DC fans everywhere

BadAss2961

Wonder Woman needs to be on the frontlines whilst Batman is strategizing and relaying orders across the League.

Its always fun when Batman confronts Darkseid whether it be in the comics or in an animated show.
Yep. Batman is the strategist. Wonder Woman is the general.

Effect

There is a decent amount of Aquaman toys here. Like Wonder Woman his role might not be as small as some people were assuming. Granted there is that Star Wars issue with Captain Phasma that could be a play but that's more of trying to recreate Boba Fett appeal and not sure that's worked. They were side characters and Aquaman is one of the major characters going forward.

Penguin

Them noses

Also, I bet Warner is loving having two different versions of Batman to sell.

There is a decent amount of Aquaman toys here. Like Wonder Woman his role might not be as small as some people were assuming. Granted there is that Star Wars issue with Captain Phasma that could be a play but that's more of trying to recreate Boba Fett appeal and not sure that's worked. They were side characters and Aquaman is one of the major characters going forward.

It could also be a case where Aquaman exists in costume in the movie so easy to make toys for him

Like when we see him, in full gear

IconGrist

It's likely they went ahead with Aquaman merchandise since they released of a pic of him already. I haven't seen any Doomsday toys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom