• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to see his review*

*From a guy who can't get over the name after 2 frigging years. Really knows how to hold stupid grudges

Doomsday did not have the amazing depth of Ultron.

Bullshit aside. I'm pretty sure Faraci has read the real script, and even though he hates DC he said the script was good. Are people still worried about overstuffing?

I don't want to know which one is the real one, we're at the home stretch boys.

I do think Amboyer is hal, I think every single JL member will have a cameo in some form. Maybe not Billy, but I'd love be wrong and see a kid fleeing down a subway during the Doomsday fight.

That daredevil news is weird, if Daredevil is released during BvS I'm guessing it's just coincidence, there is no true competitive slant to Marvel vs DC or any interest in sabotaging each other's brands. Everyone thinks they're the same damn thing anyways.

Yup. I believe that's the real one. Looking back at it now (since its 6 months old) there are some other things that look to be true based on more recent footage.

So, anyone looking to avoid spoilers, don't head back to that description because I really think that's the one with the best chance to prove mostly right when the dust settles.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Yup. I believe that's the real one. Looking back at it now (since its 6 months old) there are some other things that look to be true based on more recent footage.

So, anyone looking to avoid spoilers, don't head back to that description because I really think that's the one with the best chance to prove mostly right when the dust settles.

Was this one dropped before the SDCC trailer?

Wasn't it confirmed 8 months? I don't know where I heard that but I'm pretty sure 8 months after MoS.

It'd make sense to, with Batman getting back into shape (assuming him pulling the tire was a training montage).

IconGrist

Wasn't it confirmed 8 months? I don't know where I heard that but I'm pretty sure 8 months after MoS.

It'd make sense to, with Batman getting back into shape (assuming him pulling the tire was a training montage).

I can totally buy 8 months. 3 years doesn't make a lick of sense to me. Especially since Bruce was there.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
That is why I put the 'with some changes' at the end. 3 years I don't buy, just way too much. 8 months seems more realistic. Dunno which one it could be, this one seemed most legit to me from all the 'leaks'.

That is why I put the 'with some changes' at the end. 3 years I don't buy, just way too much. 8 months seems more realistic. Dunno which one it could be, this one seemed most legit to me from all the leaks.

Based on those screencaps I posted, its the only leak I've seen that mentions anything happening there. This was the first leak to my knowledge that mentioned anything like that.

Also, reading it again,
it claims Clark confronts Wayne at the dinner party about Batman and we didn't see shit about that until the most recent trailer.

Trinity, plus basic and Multiverse comparisons for Batman and Superman.
hjAoJiw.jpg
1HBMEbn.jpg
6XRKHNE.jpg

I'm buying the RC this Friday when I get paid. Too boss not to get.

It does look pretty awesome. Now I want to pick one up, too. Here's a video showing it off.

So according to Devin

The first Reddit review (ViolatingNDA) is completely false, but one of them may be correct

Just not saying which

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/01/04/psa-that-reddit-batman-v-superman-review-is-full-of-shit

Get on it Detective-GAF, which review is the legit one?

Going by a comment he made on his Twitter feed regarding a link he was sent, it's this one.

He responded to this one before that BMD post was made and used the same description for it that he did in the piece - that the poster's account lined up on major action beats in the shooting script he has, and features elements that don't appear in the script, but could've been added in filming.

EDIT: Forgot to thank kendalag from SHH for the heads-up detective work.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Going by a comment he made on his Twitter feed regarding a link he was sent, it's this one.

He responded to this one before that BMD post was made and used the same description for it that he did in the piece - that the poster's account lined up on major action beats in the shooting script he has, and features elements that don't appear in the script, but could've been added in filming.

Does WB have a history with screening different versions?

It does seem like there is more to the final act than just Doomsday.

Yager

Banned
I'm OK with Dan Amboyer has Hal. So what if every single member of the JL shows up and we discover that The Rock was never casted as Black Adam, but as Shazam, and they were fooling us this whole time? Remember this post.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Still hope that The Rock as Black Adam doesn't happen. I don't want him in the DCEU, just don't like that guy. Shitty actor, famous because reasons.

Still hope that The Rock as Black Adam doesn't happen. I don't want him in the DCEU, just don't like that guy. Shitty actor, famous because reasons.

You're crazy. Dude has great charisma, owns every scene he's in and also a very bankable asset for DC (which we need for non-trinity flicks).

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
You're crazy. Dude has great charisma, owns every scene he's in and also a very bankable asset for DC (which we need for non-trinity flicks).

No, no, maybe. He is just one of those 'actors' I don't understand how they keep getting roles. Saw him like in 3 movies and he was just terrible (as were the movies).

Effect

So was this impression positive or negative?

BadAss2961

No, no, maybe. He is just one of those 'actors' I don't understand how they keep getting roles. Saw him like in 3 movies and he was just terrible (as were the movies).
He's okay, the charisma is legit. His problem is he'll always be "The Rock" and can't disappear into anything.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Always thought this too. He could pull off the look, he's got charm, and great chemistry with Dwayne. Bits of cheesy/poor acting will fit since it's a child in a grown man's body.

John Cena is the perfect embodiment of Shazam.

You guys are kidding, right? Right?

He's okay, the charisma is legit. His problem is he'll always be "The Rock" and can't disappear into anything.

When I think charismatic actor I think: someone that has this certain charm to them, you are just locked to the screen because of their 'presence'. Someone you'll watch even it's a crappy movie, just because they are so good and it's entertaining to watch them. With The Rock I'm just bored to death, all I see is just this no-talent big dude trying to act and failing at it. But that's just me.

IconGrist

You guys are kidding, right? Right?

When I think charismatic actor I think: someone that has this certain charm to them, you are just locked to the screen because of their 'presence'. Someone you'll watch even it's a crappy movie, just because they are so good and it's entertaining to watch them. With The Rock I'm just bored to death, all I see is just this no-talent big dude trying to act and failing at it. But that's just me.

That's Gary Oldman for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom