• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

“The reception of my first Superman movie, from what I’ve read, was fairly mixed,” Cavill says. “Everyone I’ve spoken to enjoyed the movie, but [not] unlike if you’re going to meet a stranger in the street, they’re not going to badmouth you to your face. There’s no intentional move, I don’t think, in Batman v Superman to address any issues that people had with Man of Steel. It’s just a continuation of that storyline and they continue to develop that world and introduce new characters.”

That's what GAF is for my dear Henry

And this is a cool pic

fZYNotS.jpg

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
“The reception of my first Superman movie, from what I’ve read, was fairly mixed,” Cavill says. “Everyone I’ve spoken to enjoyed the movie, but [not] unlike if you’re going to meet a stranger in the street, they’re not going to badmouth you to your face. There’s no intentional move, I don’t think, in Batman v Superman to address any issues that people had with Man of Steel. It’s just a continuation of that storyline and they continue to develop that world and introduce new characters.”

Can't imagine someone talking shit about the movie while talking to Cavill. Fucking hell the dude is huge. Tho Jason Momoa is the physically most imposing of the bunch. Second is Battfleck.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
That's Gary Oldman for me.

Wanna fight?

Get Tom Hardy and Ryan Gosling in the DCCU and I am set.

Still sad Gosling declined the role of the Joker, fucker. Who the hell does that, it's the fucking Joker! Hardy will probably get another role.

Do you guys think David Ayer gets to do another DCEU movie when Suicide Squad is a huge hit? (cause it will be)

BadAss2961

You guys are kidding, right? Right?
Nope. Shazam's poised to be the biggest kids movie on the slate, so I wouldn't mind going that route with it. It's been said already, but this is a movie where it's still a possibility that Dwayne could end up playing both Black Adam and Shazam.
When I think charismatic actor I think: someone that has this certain charm to them, you are just locked to the screen because of their 'presence'. Someone you'll watch even it's a crappy movie, just because they are so good and it's entertaining to watch them. With The Rock I'm just bored to death, all I see is just this no-talent big dude trying to act and failing at it. But that's just me.

This actually describes The Rock to a tee for a lot of people, especially in WWE.

IconGrist

Wanna fight?

Still sad Gosling declined the role of the Joker, fucker. Who the hell does that, it's the fucking Joker! Hardy will probably get another role.

Do you guys think David Ayer gets to do another DCEU movie when Suicide Squad is a huge hit? (cause it will be)

Lol no. I meant he is the guy I will watch even in shitty movies.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Nope. Shazam's poised to be the biggest kids movie on the slate, so I wouldn't mind going that route with it. It's been said already, but this is a movie where it's still a possibility that Dwayne could end up playing both Black Adam and Shazam.

I saw that Cena dude in one movie, can't remember the name or bother to look it up. But it was something about his wife, him chasing bad guys or something like that in the woods. Yeah no, I'd rather have The Rock play both roles than cast Cena. Dude is horrible. No words for it, that was painfully bad. Just get a legit actor and bulk him up.

This actually describes The Rock to a tee for a lot of people, especially in WWE.

Well, I am in the minority in this one so there is that. Never watched (and never will) WWE.

Lol no. I meant he is the guy I will watch even in shitty movies.

Hehe, my fault. Thought you meant Oldman was that bad. Almost had a heart attack, Too bad he does choose some crappy movies.

BadAss2961

I saw that Cena dude in one movie, can't remember the name or bother to look it up. But it was something about his wife, him chasing bad guys or something like that in the woods. Yeah no, I'd rather have The Rock play both roles than cast Cena. Dude is horrible. No words for it, that was painfully bad. Just get a legit actor and bulk him up.
Yeah, he's not a movie actor. But believe us when we say that Shazam would be the easiest role for him to adapt. It's almost the same character he plays in wrestling

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, he's not a movie actor. But believe us when we say that Shazam would be the easiest role for him to adapt. It's almost the same character he plays in wrestling

Knowing WB, they'll probably go with someone that will make everyone go: horrible decision. Just to end up being their favorite thing about the movie.

shingi70

Banned
Dont have the merch in my store yet but I did get the cereal. Can't day much but the packaging is better than the Star wars and Avengers boxes.

a916

Still hope that The Rock as Black Adam doesn't happen. I don't want him in the DCEU, just don't like that guy. Shitty actor, famous because reasons.

He's not a good actor... but not every actor needs to be good. He needs to be cast in the right role. The reason he's famous is because he has charm and charisma that keep people glued to the screen when he's on. You can't learn that kind of magnetic personality. (he would've worked perfectly as Shazam)

My pick was Jake Gyllenhaal.

IconGrist

He's not a good actor... but not every actor needs to be good. He needs to be cast in the right role. The reason he's famous is because he has charm and charisma that keep people glued to the screen when he's on. You can't learn that kind of magnetic personality. (he would've worked perfectly as Shazam)

Jake Gyllenhaal would have killed as Joker but I can't help but think it would have been too similar to Heath's.

BadAss2961

Wanna fight?

For this universe? Good. I think we landed the perfect guy.

I heard Gosling had the role of the Joker, but walked when they wanted a multi-picture deal. Makes me think he may come in as a one and done villain at some point. Sad to look at that link with Cavill referencing the mixed reception to MOS. Maybe someday people will stop confusing RT's 56% as a 5.6 movie.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member

Just saying I'd rather have a good actor who also fits the part.

Jake Gyllenhaal would have killed as Joker but I can't help but think it would have been too similar to Heath's.

Would have liked Gyllenhaal too, very good actor.

For this universe? Good. I think we landed the perfect guy.

Not complaining about Leto or anything, think he is great and will do an amazing job. No doubt about that. Was just bummed to hear Gosling declined the role, think he would also have done a great job. But like I said, Leto is great too. Especially with Ayer behind the camera who always gets great performances out of his actors.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I thought Gosling was up for Rick Flagg, not Joker?

Hardy was up for Flagg, then got replaced by Joel Kinnaman.

I heard Gosling had the role of the Joker, but walked when they wanted a multi-picture deal. Makes me think he may come in as a one and done villain at some point. Sad to look at that link with Cavill referencing the mixed reception to MOS. Maybe someday people will stop confusing RT's 56% as a 5.6 movie.

He was offered the role, but avoids big budget movies like the plague and certainly didn't want to do multiple movies. Not the first time he did something like this iirc.

Could Gosling play a Robin ?

Could be, but he probably won't do it. Rather see him in a villain role anyway, love his portrayal of dark, complex characters. Something like the Riddler (for just one movie) would be interesting.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Gosling is to still to be a superhero

Motherfucker need to be agile and be able to run and shit

So, who is left? WB probably wants him in the JL and they pretty much cast every single League member.

I wonder when they get Hardy in again (they will) whether he'll be a villain or a hero this time around. I'd go villain.

Trivia: Gosling was considered for the role of Batman actually. Remember when they were looking for a new Batman? Report came out in which Brolin, Gosling and a few others were considered for the role. After Affleck got cast, Brolin confirmed that he did indeed have talks but it did not work out because of creative reasons or something like that. So that report was actually true. Think you'll find more about it if you Googled it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
How painful would that be if they get a guy from the CW to be Green Arrow and it isn't Amell.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Don't know if I want Hawke....uhh Green Arrow. Never cared that much for him, maybe an older version just like Battfleck that could be interesting. And even then...meh.

Hardy for Darkseid. Make it happen.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Got it

green-lantern-1374702868.jpg

or

untitled1.png

We are still waiting on an amazing Riddler (live-action), we have had so many great Jokers but no love for Riddler? Let's change that.

IconGrist

With Amell I think he's fine there, contract wise, to play a MCU character. I don't believe the CW/Netflix guys have the same limitations the WB/Marvel guys have. Not sure how the AoS contracts work. Like Lucy Lawless for example I'm sure could find her way into a DC project.

Though I think Amell is very aware of the fanboy wars and he'd have to know that would not work well in his favor from fanboy opinions. He'd at least have to be smart enough to wait until Arrow dies down.

a916

If Suicide Squad does well in the box office, then I think WB will offer him Suicide Squad 2.

He does dark/grimy/gritty movies... he's right in their wheelhouse. He's a guy they should probably hand another movie or two too (depending on critical success of SS)

He does dark/grimy/gritty movies... he's right in their wheelhouse. He's a guy they should probably hand another movie or two too (depending on critical success of SS)

WB has found the directors for all their movies but the Flash and Shazam. If they do a good job, I can see WB keeping them for the sequels. They can keep Wan for the Aquaman sequel, for example. However, if Aquaman flops, then WB may ask Ayer to helm it and find another director for Suicide Squad 2.
How about Charlie Hunnam for Green Arrow and Ron Pearlman for Deathstroke?

I would prefer Stephen Lang or Joe Manganiello for Deathstroke. I haven't any actor in mind for Green Arrow.

Rock would be a better Shazam even though he looks more like Black Adam. Adam is suppose to be a hard ass, there isn't any sort of humor in him.

I like Arrow as well but I don't watch it for Stephen Amell's acting. I don't think he can carry a movie at all. It would be cool to see him as a cameo for a multiverse plot line though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom