• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

shingi70

Banned
none of those actors look like Lobo.
Lobo_D-_kr.jpg

Gleethor

What would you guys think about an Arkham Asylum film where Penguin, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Mr Freeze, The Riddler and Scarecrow conspire to break out? Could delve into each of their backstories a bit, humanize them a little. Batman seen only in flashbacks or not at all. Would give several major Bat-villains a chance to be done right in the DCCU without having them take up a whole Batman movie. They'd proby talk a lot of shit about Joker.

Obviously something like this would be several years out to give Suicide Squad room to breathe, but I think there could be room and potential for both to coexist despite their similarities in premise.

Also, to add to the current discussion, Tom Hardy is now and forever my Lobo choice. I was semi-relieved when he left Suicide Squad.

shingi70

Banned
Lobo, like gambit and Adam X arw the worst of the 90s.Maybe make him be in the first 15 minutes of Green Lantern as someone getting arrested after drunk and disorderly conduct.

Lobo has always been a character that is nice to see once in awhile but outstays his welcome quickly. I don't have a strong preference for either lobos but the newer lobo seems more sincere in making him a character that can carry a story.

Lobo has always been a character that is nice to see once in awhile but outstays his welcome quickly. I don't have a strong preference for either lobos but the newer lobo seems more sincere in making him a character that can carry a story.
Lobo isn't the kind of character you want to carry a story.

Shaanyboi

Banned

His use in the Justice League cartoon is perfectly appropriate for what Lobo is good for. He shows up for one episode to annoy everyone, they stretch their patience, and finally by the end, they tell him to fuck off and he leaves.

The Man of Steel Soundtrack is so good. Stil can't believe the film gets so much hate.

The soundtrack deserved a movie that could live up to its thesis.

a916

I don't think people had a problem with the soundtrack. The only complaints i heard that it was different then the original films, but eventually they warm up to it.

Most of the normal people, film reviewers comic book fans outside of GAF really liked it, but I definitely heard a lot of people go "I went in expecting Donner, was shocked, didn't like it, went back with no expectations, loved it"

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Question for the day

Who would you rather play hide and seek with: Superman or Batman?

Superman, he would play it fair and wouldn't use his powers. So you're just playing with Clark, a normal guy.

IconGrist

Superman, he would play it fair and wouldn't use his powers. So you're just playing with Clark, a normal guy.

Yea, Batman would use his tech mask and when you call him out for cheating he'd just coldly tell you that life isn't a game or fair. Fuckin' asshole.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Ben Blacker interviewed David Goyer in the latest Writer's Panel podcast. I just started listening to it before work so I can't provide highlights, but I thought people might be interested:

http://nerdist.com/the-writers-panel-238-david-goyer/

https://itunes.apple.com/podcast/nerdist-writers-panel/id455020248?mt=2

David Goyer, the co-writer of Batman Begins, Man of Steel, Blade, and more; creator of TV’s Da Vinci’s Demons, Constantine, and Flash Forward; and producer of the upcoming The Forest (among others), discusses the role of a film producer, his process, getting into the heads of iconic characters, the weird road to Blade, and lots more.​

Magwik

Banned
Ben Blacker interviewed David Goyer in the latest Writer's Panel podcast. I just started listening to it before work so I can't provide highlights, but I thought people might be interested:

http://nerdist.com/the-writers-panel-238-david-goyer/

https://itunes.apple.com/podcast/nerdist-writers-panel/id455020248?mt=2

David Goyer, the co-writer of Batman Begins, Man of Steel, Blade, and more; creator of TV’s Da Vinci’s Demons, Constantine, and Flash Forward; and producer of the upcoming The Forest (among others), discusses the role of a film producer, his process, getting into the heads of iconic characters, the weird road to Blade, and lots more.​
How much does he talk about Constantine?

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
The Man of Steel Soundtrack is so good. Stil can't believe the film gets so much hate.

Jup, listen to it every day. Arcade, If you love these people and Flight are just epic. All tracks are really great. And the very next year he did Interstellar, Zimmer on a roll.

Question for the day

Who would you rather play hide and seek with: Superman or Batman?
Superman. Some lead and you already countered one of his abilities.

Batman. He probably already has some kind of nano tracking device on you, working in conjunction with thermal vision to follow your footprints and hacking into security cameras to triangulate your position

So, I'll go with Superman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom