• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for the day

Who would you rather play hide and seek with: Superman or Batman?
It would come down to personality because both would be able to find you fairly easily, with Batman being the greatest detective in the world and Superman having super hearing and x-ray vision. Hence I choose Superman as he would most likely humor you. Whereas Batman either wouldn't even bother finding you or take the game too seriously and beat the crap out of you.

True.

MoS is way better.

28682-Hell-no-gif-CD0Y.jpg

You can't compare one the most recognizable themes of all time with whatever Zimmer has composed for MoS.

Anyway, I liked MoS (the film). Disliked Pa Kent's death scene, and some bits here and there, but overall I enjoyed the movie.

I happen to have good expectations for BvS.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
You can't compare one the most recognizable themes of all time with whatever Zimmer has composed for MoS.

Sure I can. I can do whatever I want. Don't care about anything in the Donner movies, including the soundtrack. It had that main theme going for it (which a lot of people like) but the overall OST is mediocre.

Not a track is wasted in the MoS OST and the main theme is way more enjoyable for me.

I actually quite liked Zimmer's soundtrack, but I swear they used the same track repeatedly for almost the entire battle at the end of the film. The main theme's great though.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I actually quite liked Zimmer's soundtrack, but I swear they used the same track repeatedly for almost the entire battle at the end of the film. The main theme's great though.

They used 'Arcade' for most of the action pieces iirc, but once Zod and Supes were fighting it switched halfway through to another track called 'if you love these people'. Didn't mind it tbh, that is a wonderful track and really elevated it.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Well, 20 years of chasing the Joker will do that to you.
goddamnit Hollywood

I really liked his bearded/tired of life look. And when will we get bearded Bruce Wayne in the suit? I want bearded Batman damnit.

Jombie

I was bored and watching BvS stuff and came across his appearance on Kimmel and thought he looked strange. He looks like a CG version of himself.

I was bored and watching BvS stuff and came across his appearance on Kimmel and thought he looked strange. He looks like a CG version of himself.

Yeah, he looked strange for that appearance (and in the picture above). I think it's the slicked back hair and no stubble/beard.

Penguin

Think going to get at least one t-shirt and one hoodie!

Think found my hoodie
batman-v-superman-lined-trio-pullover-hoodie-10.jpg

batman-v-superman-collage-trio-pullover-hoodie-10.jpg

Imagine looks better in blue, but really bright hoodie

a916

I hate to use the term haters, but at least the MOS haters can stop peddling that BS that BvS dealing with MOS destruction was retroactively added because of fan reaction.

Anyway, I liked MoS (the film). Disliked Pa Kent's death scene, and some bits here and there, but overall I enjoyed the movie.

I happen to have good expectations for BvS.

Nah. Zimmer blows him out of the water with his "Ideal of Hope" track. The one thing that's always been lacking in Williams famous track is there's no punch, no power behind it. It's very grandoise but really never sells the idea of just how god like and powerful Superman is. Zimmer, with his subdued drums in the beginning does it so well. The soft drums off in the distance, that no matter what, there's always the brute strength there (which comes to full fruition when the beat really drops).

Jup, listen to it every day. Arcade, If you love these people and Flight are just epic. All tracks are really great. And the very next year he did Interstellar, Zimmer on a roll.

Arcade was done by none other than newcomer to the DCEU, Junkie XL. Whether remixed or all, I'm not sure... one of my favorite tracks on the album.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I hate to use the term haters, but at least the MOS haters can stop peddling that BS that BvS dealing with MOS destruction was retroactively added because of fan reaction.

Nah. Zimmer blows him out of the water with his "Ideal of Hope" track. The one thing that's always been lacking in Williams famous track is there's no punch, no power behind it. It's very grandoise but really never sells the idea of just how god like and powerful Superman is. Zimmer, with his subdued drums in the beginning does it so well. The soft drums off in the distance, that no matter what, there's always the brute strength there (which comes to full fruition when the beat really drops).

Arcade was done by none other than newcomer to the DCEU, Junkie XL. Whether remixed or all, I'm not sure... one of my favorite tracks on the album.

Iirc they both worked on it and are credited as such. Does feel remixed of some of the other tracks on there, Junkie XL also worked on General Zod & This is Madness.

Think he did some work on TDKR too, listened to one of those but wasn't really a fan. Have to look it up again. Really looking forward to his Batman theme, tho I do think they score the entire thing together this time. Including the Batman theme, Zimmer will have ideas for it no matter what.

EDIT: Arcade is basically an extended version of the last minute or so of 'You die or I do' (it's also used in 'General Zod'). Listening to it now. Flight remains my favorite tho. Just so grand/majestic etc. Works so well with that scene.

a916

Think he did some work on TDKR too, listened to one of those but wasn't really a fan. Have to look it up again. Really looking forward to his Batman theme, tho I do think they score the entire thing together this time. Including the Batman theme, Zimmer will have ideas for it no matter what.

I didn't know much about him until I found out he did Mad Max... and what an amazing score that was.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't know much about him until I found out he did Mad Max... and what an amazing score that was.

Haven't listened to it in a while, will look it up. Brothers in arms was the one I really liked (shit was awesome), can't remember the other tracks.

And this reminds me: we're gonna get a Wonder Woman theme! And an Aquaman theme! and Flash, and GL, Cyborg too...all done by Zimmer and eventually a JL theme as well. Really glad WB isn't half assing it with their soundtracks and got Zimmer of all people to do it. Fuck yes.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
How much does he talk about Constantine?
Just finished listening, they didn't mention Constantine. He spoke a lot about MoS, Nolan's Batman and comics/Marvel/DC in the second half of the episode, with the first half being more focused on producing movies, the studio experience and the upcoming horror movie The Forest.

Quite interesting talk (The Writer's Panel is always a fun listen, Blacker is a great host). He wasn't allowed to say anything about BvS though.

I would say MOS is the best CBM score since TDK (2008). Can't think of another theme I can recollect off hand like that one.
Edits really effects Zimmers scores imo.

For me,
Soundtrack Edit: TDK >>TDKR
Film Edit: TDKR >> TDK

on the released Soundtrack for TDKR it was so dang bland compared to its use in the actual movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj1Q_BAqwa8 probably my favorite bit in the trilogy yet it just isn't the same on the Soundtrack.

Penguin

Guessing Zack's appearance on CoCo will do with the Doritos contest as much as BvS

He gave another interview to MTV, where he addresses the new trailer and the leaked Reddit review

“I have the benefit of seeing the movie,” he pointed out “It’s cool that they think it’s too much and I appreciate people not wanting to know, but there’s plenty that they don’t know. There’s a lot of movie that’s not in the trailer.”

When it comes to actual out-and-out leaks, however — such as a recent viral Reddit post claiming to be a spoiler-laced review of the unreleased film (which Snyder called “hilarious”) — the director is much less understanding.

“Of course I hate it when any spoilers come out!” he said. “You design the movie as a story that evolves as you watch it, so moment-to-moment [you’re thinking], ‘Oh my god, what’s going to happen next? Are they gonna live? Are they gonna die?’ So you want that experience for the audience, as much as you can. If you’re, as an audience member, exploring these articles, looking for answers to questions that you have, maybe you’re okay with knowing before you go. It’s like an individual taste. But like I said, I want people to see the movie without knowing.”

http://www.mtv.com/news/2723174/zach-snyder-batman-superman-doritos-contest/

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
heh, he didn't confirm if the leaks were true or not <.<

When it comes to actual out-and-out leaks, however — such as a recent viral Reddit post claiming to be a spoiler-laced review of the unreleased film (which Snyder called “hilarious”) — the director is much less understanding.

Snyder is not really good with words, not the first time. Interesting interview, especially that Lex part.

a916

“In the trailer, of course he comes across in a very specific way,” said Snyder. He and “Argo” screenwriter Chris Terrio had a lot of conversations about the sort of Lex they wanted to write before letting Eisenberg take the reins. “In the movie, he’s like a million times more sophisticated than what you get in 30 seconds. But that’s also the fun of it. That’s why you go to the movies, so you can actually see the context and understand the depth.”

Snyder in that interview and that's exactly what I wanted/hoped for...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom