• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got these in the mail today:
qsTfAFa.jpg

I now own all of the Superman live-action movies.

I just need Batman Returns, Batman Forever, and Batman & Robin to own all of the Batman movies. I plan to get a $15 Blu-ray pack of that series of Batman movies to get them all at once. I have the first Tim Burton Batman on a very early DVD release (from like the late '90s), so it'll be nice to have Blu-ray of it, too. I have the Adam West Batman movie on DVD as well.

I plan to watch all of these while I wait for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice to release. I haven't seen the Dark Knight Trilogy since 2012, Man of Steel since I saw it in theaters in 2013, and I haven't seen the rest in who knows how long. I haven't seen the Tim Burton Batman movies since the '90s, and I haven't seen the Christopher Reeve Superman movies besides IV (for a bad movie night) since then, either, I think, despite owning the Ultimate DVD box set for like 10 years.

bryanee

I have... let me see if can find the pic

This is like 2 years out of date, get new one when go home possibly

My pcis are a little out of date. Its missing Beware the Batman, Green Lantern and Young Justice blu-rays. I call it the DC shelf.

xvmElkB.jpg

UNHliGA.jpg

And yes the camera on my phone is shite.

bryanee

You should sort them.

I'm going crazy looking at that mess :( :D

Yeah some one has told me that before but I put like that on purpose. I know where everything is. My Blu-ray towers might drive some one with OCD nuts, its all in an order only I get but I know where each and every Blu-ray is.

a916

This might be covered here before... but when I was looking at the DC official website for hoodies, there's a certain hoodie that, if true, is a giant spoiler. Also, I have avoided those reddit and review leaks (probably fake) so I'd like to avoid those.

The Superman hoodie exists, but there is a "Tech Superman" hoodie where the S is falling apart and it has the Luthor Corp logo right above it. Now, I'm not sure why DC would even license that because it's a clear spoiler, and I'm not too sure who would want that over the actual Superman S Logo hoodie which is also available.

IconGrist

This might be covered here before... but when I was looking at the DC official website for hoodies, there's a certain hoodie that, if true, is a giant spoiler. Also, I have avoided those reddit and review leaks (probably fake) so I'd like to avoid those.

The Superman hoodie exists, but there is a "Tech Superman" hoodie where the S is falling apart and it has the Luthor Corp logo right above it. Now, I'm not sure why DC would even license that because it's a clear spoiler, and I'm not too sure who would want that over the actual Superman S Logo hoodie which is also available.

I don't know if I would put too much stock into that. Could be as simple as Luthor propaganda to imply Lex is the true savior of mankind. According to him.

Penguin

My pcis are a little out of date. Its missing Beware the Batman, Green Lantern and Young Justice blu-rays. I call it the DC shelf.

xvmElkB.jpg

UNHliGA.jpg

And yes the camera on my phone is shite.

We turning this into a contest now! :p

Naw fine collection
I tried, but I can't bring myself to buy the animated movies don't really like (Looking at you Superman Unbound!)

And Superman 3/4 on blu

Though i was THIS close to picking up Birds of Prey season 1 on DVD last night at Best Buy. Only 10 bucks!

Loxley

I keep all my Superman movies (including Man of Steel) in this bad boy from 2007:

Originally it was the DVD box set featuring every Reeve Superman film + Superman Returns, but I've since swapped out all the DVD's for the blu-ray releases. The tin has gotten a bit banged up over the years, but it's still in one piece :)

strafer

I keep all my Superman movies (including Man of Steel) in this bad boy from 2007:

Originally it was the DVD box set featuring every Reeve Superman film + Superman Returns, but I've since swapped out all the DVD's for the blu-ray releases. The tin has gotten a bit banged up over the years, but it's still in one piece :)

Woah, can you still get that thing?

Be looks like this now, and can control how much armor is on him so he can have a Secert Identity.

Cyborg's armor has numerous choice designs. It's his asymmetrical half-face mask I've never been a fan of.

I lost the sleeve, but the tin is the center piece of my DVD shelf. That's because it is ever too tall to fit any place else.

GeeTeeCee

tumblr_n259b1PqaK1qeosmfo1_540.jpg

The fact that WB only released the first two volumes of BTAS on DVD here in the UK still hurts. They skip half of the Justice Legue releases too (You can't get JL: War, but can get the follow up film Throne of Atlantis for some reason).

a916

Cyborg's armor has numerous choice designs. It's his asymmetrical half-face mask I've never been a fan of.

To be honest, the vertical split really sets him apart from a majority of all comic book super heroes. There's no eye mask, face, full mask, mask showing only mouth.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
One of the things I kinda want to be true is:

Batman actually takes Superman prisoner. Alfred sets him free. Dunno why but that seems really cool. First of all I don't really like battles that end in a tie, doing this shows who is the true winner. And also, Alfred just doing shit on his own and not taking orders all the time? Sign me up, would love a kinda rogue Alfred. And a Batman that fucking cool/crazy to not only go toe-to-toe against a God, but fuckig him up and just throwing him in a cell he built himself? Fuck yes. Probably not true, but if any rumor is true I hope it's that one. The image of Battfleck victorious, dragging his fallen opponent to the Batmobile/Batcave whatever, like a predator dragging it's prey is just amazing. A mortal man who made God suffer. Please let it be true. Just that part.

IconGrist

One of the things I kinda want to be true is:

Batman actually takes Superman prisoner. Alfred sets him free. Dunno why but that seems really cool. First of all I don't really like battles that end in a tie, doing this shows who is the true winner. And also, Alfred just doing shit on his own and not taking orders all the time? Sign me up, would love a kinda rogue Alfred. And a Batman that fucking cool/crazy to not only go toe-to-toe against a God, but fuckig him up and just throwing him in a cell he built himself? Fuck yes. Probably not true, but if any rumor is true I hope it's that one. The image of Battfleck victorious, dragging his fallen opponent to the Batmobile/Batcave whatever, like a predator dragging it's prey is just amazing. A mortal man who made God suffer. Please let it be true. Just that part.

We might have to fight.

Keep up, 'Superboy'.

But yeah, they have a pretty good track record.

Thread is starting to pick up again, hype train is accelerating :p. I predict a lot more fans and new faces in here after the 18th.

I'm trying to think, has there ever been a negative impression of the film yet? Almost all the reporting/links/reddit bs has been positive. I think it's odd there isn't at least one guy that hasn't came out saying they hated the film. Even Faraci admitted he liked the script. Either the astroturfing campaign at WB is extremely thorough or the film is shaping up to be great. The last bomb of a film I remember was F4, and one of the actors flat out implied the film was bad in his interview, so negative rumor mongering DOES happen.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Thread is starting to pick up again, hype train is accelerating :p. I predict a lot more fans and new faces in here after the 18th.

I'm trying to think, has there ever been a negative impression of the film yet? Almost all the reporting/links/reddit bs has been positive. I think it's odd there isn't at least one guy that hasn't came out saying they hated the film. Even Faraci admitted he liked the script. Either the astroturfing campaign at WB is extremely thorough or the film is shaping up to be great. The last bomb of a film I remember was F4, and one of the actors flat out implied the film was bad in his interview, so negative rumor mongering DOES happen.

One of the reddit 'leaks' said the movie sucked or something like that, but then again...'reddit leak'. So there is that.

If you really want to know, just look at the BvS threads or create a new one. Seems like 90% of GAF has already seen it and apparently it's horrible.

Loxley

Looks like WB was indeed waiting for fever-pitch Star Wars hype to come and go before beginning the marketing bonanza. Glad that we're starting to see all the merchandise and ads everywhere.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I'll believe it when I see it. The chance that someone outshines Batman in this film is pretty slim. If Wonder Woman pulls it off, it'll be huge for the movie and the whole universe.

''Battfleck so bad, even Gal Gadot was better''

I can already see the threads.

No but seriously, hope it's true. Want the WW movie to do good, 6/700 million WW should be possible, right?

BadAss2961

Add this to the hype. Producer of the Hitman movies:
For those actively rooting against #BatmanvSuperman I have this to say: You will lose. I hear the movie delivers big time. grow up.

BadAss2961

''Battfleck so bad, even Gal Gadot was better''

I can already see the threads.

No but seriously, hope it's true. Want the WW movie to do good, 6/700 million WW should be possible, right?
Definitely possible. The worst Marvel movies can pull that off. The shared universe will boost everything.
Not exactly a ringing endorsement, considering the source.

It's better than random Reddit guy.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
So, this is now the synopsis on IMDB:

Fearing the actions of Superman left unchecked, Batman takes on Superman, while the world wrestles with what kind of a hero the world really needs. With Batman and Superman fighting each other, a new threat Doomsday created by Lex Luthor. Its up to Superman and Batman to set aside their difference along with Wonder Woman to stop Lex Luthor and Doomsday from destroying Metropolis.

Feel like if they had gone with this from the beginning and just called the movie something like World's Finest: Dawn of Justice, a lot of people would have less problems with the last trailer. And the GA who didn't know why they were set up against each other like some sort of boxing match would probably understand it a bit more. Ohh well.

I'll believe it when I see it. The chance that someone outshines Batman in this film is pretty slim. If Wonder Woman pulls it off, it'll be huge for the movie and the whole universe.
All I'm gonna say is, I have zero doubts that Batman and Superman will be by far the best they've ever been in a movie, and it'll be glorious, but I've always expected Wonder Woman will steal the show.

Although GAF doesn't wanna believe, WW really isn't that popular anymore, and this movie has to make her relevant again if they're hoping to build a movie franchise off of her.

The best way to do that is to have her outshine Batman and Superman in the third act, and I don't doubt Snyder has what it takes to make her look earth shattering.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely possible. The worst Marvel movies can pull that off. The shared universe will boost everything.

Yeah, I was going by the MoS numbers actually. MoS made like 675 WW I think, WW is also pretty popular and seeing as the GA will know who she is because of BvS, the standalone movie should be at least making that much (if any good).

All pre-Avengers standalones made less than MoS (which didn't do so well with the critics). If they are doing it right, it wouldn't surprise me to see the standalone movies make over 1 billion (at least the trinity, certainly Batman).

All I'm gonna say is, I have zero doubts that Batman and Superman will be by far the best they've ever been in a movie, and it'll be glorious, but I've always expected Wonder Woman will steal the show.

Although GAF doesn't wanna believe, WW really isn't that popular anymore, and this movie has to make her relevant again if they're hoping to build a movie franchise off of her.

The best way to do that is to have her outshine Batman and Superman in the third act, and I don't doubt Snyder has what it takes to make her look earth shattering.

Well, Faora was probably the biggest badass in MoS. So yeah, he certainly can pull it off.

BadAss2961

Feel like if they had gone with this from the beginning and just called the movie something like World's Finest: Dawn of Justice, a lot of people would have less problems with the last trailer. And the GA who didn't know why they were set up against each other like some sort of boxing match would probably understand it a bit more. Ohh well.
"Batman v Superman" is more of an attention grabber. It's also what this movie's about.

World's Finest made sense back when we didn't know where they were going with this. The title is better served for a Batman and Superman teamup movie.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
"Batman v Superman" is more of an attention grabber. It's also what this movie's about.

World's Finest made sense back when we didn't know where they were going with this. The title is better served for a Batman and Superman teamup movie.

Tbf, it looks more of a teamup movie than it looks like a vs movie. It isn't even versus, but just the v. Especially with that synopsis.

IconGrist

Tbf, it looks more of a teamup movie than it looks like a vs movie. It isn't even versus, but just the v. Especially with that synopsis.

I think the idea behind the "v" was so people would focus on the why of the fight instead of the fight itself. But what happened was nobody tried to understand that and instantly went "that's dumb there should be an S lolWB fails at everything".

Ashhong

If we were to go solely by the trailers, it seems at best 50/50. Even then, that's with us not knowing much about the movie. Seems like most of it will be them fighting each other then regrettably teaming up in the end. I personally wouldn't want World's Finest associated with that.

strafer

That can be edited by anyone.

BadAss2961

I think the idea behind the "v" was so people would focus on the why of the fight instead of the fight itself. But what happened was nobody tried to understand that and instantly went "that's dumb there should be an S lolWB fails at everything".
Yeah, Batman and Superman have very different beliefs and approaches to fighting crime. In this movie, Bruce doesn't even think Clark should live on Earth. I believe the "v" is to emphasize the philosophical struggle between the two. They're not just gonna meet each other and scrap like Freddy and Jason or The Avengers, there's gonna be more weight to it.

Make no mistake, they're gonna go at it in this movie. Mentally and physically for at least the first two acts, and that beef will probably spill over into the inevitable teamup as well.

My pcis are a little out of date. Its missing Beware the Batman, Green Lantern and Young Justice blu-rays. I call it the DC shelf..

You guys and all of your stuff!

This is my DC DVD/Blu-ray collection right now:
fBmL8fh.jpg

Row 1: Batman: The Movie (1966) DVD, Batman (1989) DVD, Batman Begins Two-Disc Deluxe Edition DVD, Batman Begins Blu-ray, The Dark Knight Blu-ray, The Dark Knight Rises Blu-ray+DVD+Digital combo pack
Row 2: Batman: The Animated Series Volume One, Batman: The Animated Series Volume Two, Batman: The Animated Series Volume Three, Superman: The Animated Series Volume One, Batman Beyond Season 1, Justice League: The New Frontier HD-DVD/DVD combo format
Row 3: Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition DVD box set*, Man of Steel Blu-ray+DVD+Digital combo pack

*includes Superman: The Movie (theatrical and Expanded), Superman II (theatrical and Donner cut), Superman III, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace, Superman Returns, the Fleischer Superman shorts, several discs of specials features, and more

The last row besides Man of Steel is just the Ultimate Collector's Edition DVD box set of Superman movies...I just put the parts out to not make it look so empty. Hah.

The Tim Burton Batman DVD is from 1997, I think. My family got a DVD player sometime in the late '90s, but I can't remember which year exactly...it was either late '97, sometime in '98, or early '99.

I used to have VHS tapes, too, but that all got lost ages ago during moves/lost rented storage compartments, unfortunately.

I don't really buy movies/shows often anymore, I usually just watch them in theaters, Netflix/Hulu/whatever, rent/borrow, or check them out from a library, but I'd like to buy them more often again. I mostly own DVDs, and not very many Blu-rays. I plan to get the Batman 1989-1997 movie collection on Blu-ray real soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom