• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

I was in the barber shop not to long ago and BvS came up. The whole room was excited to see it and Wonder Woman. Having been on the internet so long, it was weird hearing unanimous excitement for these films. lol

bryanee

I keep all my Superman movies (including Man of Steel) in this bad boy from 2007:

Originally it was the DVD box set featuring every Reeve Superman film + Superman Returns, but I've since swapped out all the DVD's for the blu-ray releases. The tin has gotten a bit banged up over the years, but it's still in one piece :)

I like this idea so god damn much I just scored a sealed copy for £25. I'll then get the equivalent Blu-Ray set a little later and replace all the DVD discs. Cheers :p

edit -

Are people smoking crack when they say the Doomsday from Smallville looked good? It looked shit when it first aired and it still looks shit today.

myvoUfS.png

BadAss2961

I...really like this theory.
It's plausible, but the creature does look more like Doomsday, just not in final form. It's shaped like Doomsday, and there's no mistaking the spikes.

The idea of Lex releasing a virus that ultimately creates superhumans (and thus a portion of the DC universe) is interesting, but I don't know if it could explain enough to be useful. While Flash and Cyborg might appear in the film, I doubt they'll be in action or have gone through their origins yet. So I figure this scheme would differ from the comics by being used to explain key origins. Flash's origin could be worked into this, but not much else. Plus the Suicide Squad trailer shows that there's already people out there with abilities that Waller's been keeping under wraps.

Sambrez_

What I'm curious to see is where does Lex get the tech to create such creature. I'm sure it doesn't come from nowhere, maybe it will serve as background to other myth and DC characters.

Penguin

What I'm curious to see is where does Lex get the tech to create such creature. I'm sure it doesn't come from nowhere, maybe it will serve as background to other myth and DC characters.

Well, I don't think he was intentionally trying to create the creature, but we'll see

Speaking of... seems like that Wired article will be printed and he has a special cover
CYMfzpgWQAAukf4.jpg

Older article, but counter to the... more fan blogger one
http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/wired...-escalation-comic-book-movie-marketing-168792

Vyer

It's plausible, but the creature does look more like Doomsday, just not in final form. It's shaped like Doomsday, and there's no mistaking the spikes.

The idea of Lex releasing a virus that ultimately creates superhumans (and thus a portion of the DC universe) is interesting, but I don't know if it could explain enough to be useful. While Flash and Cyborg might appear in the film, I doubt they'll be in action or have gone through their origins yet. So I figure this scheme would differ from the comics by being used to explain key origins. Flash's origin could be worked into this, but not much else. Plus the Suicide Squad trailer shows that there's already people out there with abilities that Waller's been keeping under wraps.

Not sure about the theory either, probably wishful thinking, but I will say that it's a little odd that this Doomsday looks so little like the standard comic Doomsday. that's usually the kind of thing Snyder seems to like to do.

That type of villain that replicates powers is more suited to a Justice League film. I've seen him featured in a couple of animated films and its a neat idea, but doesn't really make much sense when the only powers it could noticeably replicate in this film is Supermans.

IconGrist

Not sure about the theory either, probably wishful thinking, but I will say that it's a little odd that this Doomsday looks so little like the standard comic Doomsday. that's usually the kind of thing Snyder seems to like to do.

Even in the comics Doomsday didn't start out all spiked up. He was a big dumb grey asshole in a green body wrap with one arm tied behind is back. He only got that way after taking damage going toe to toe with Supes and Maxima IIRC.

Vyer

Even in the comics Doomsday didn't start out all spiked up. He was a big dumb grey asshole in a green body wrap with one arm tied behind is back. He only got that way after taking damage going toe to toe with Supes and Maxima IIRC.

Yeah, i remember the green suit. But even in the beginning his face was closer to spiked up Doomsday than what Snyder put together.

Not saying I think the theory is correct, just more as someone not really feeling the look I was kind of surprised.

Penguin

Interview with Jesse (not as Lex) in the LA Times

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-ca-hc-sneaks-lex-luthor-20160110-story.html

Eisenberg is best known for portraying neurotic, verbal characters such as Mark Zuckerberg in "The Social Network" or the reporter interviewing David Foster Wallace in "The End of the Tour." So the actor called stepping into the scoundrel spotlight a "liberating experience."

He admits that playing an iconic role in a highly anticipated movie comes with a price.

"The only difference between this movie and everything else I've ever been in is this has an audience that has prior expectations, and that's the only thing that I find disconcerting because it feels like some people are occasionally ready to get angry at me for the part they haven't seen me play yet. It's bewildering."

On losing the hair

However, Eisenberg promises the patience will pay off, "When you see the movie, you'll see. It's the greatest scene that I've ever gotten to take part in — it accounts for the change in hair."

GeeTeeCee

"The only difference between this movie and everything else I've ever been in is this has an audience that has prior expectations, and that's the only thing that I find disconcerting because it feels like some people are occasionally ready to get angry at me for the part they haven't seen me play yet. It's bewildering."

But the last trailer showed us everything so all those angry people are completely justified. /s

I can see this quote going down well with those who have already made their minds up about the film.

Edit:
However, Eisenberg promises the patience will pay off, "When you see the movie, you'll see. It's the greatest scene that I've ever gotten to take part in — it accounts for the change in hair."

Calling it now,
Lex steals 40 cakes, is caught, and shaves his head as penitence. Obviously.

Gotta give it up for the art people

4PJREm8.jpg

Very striking image. Says everything about the movie, the history of the medium. Just feels "classic" moreso than a photoshop brawl image.

They'll do the movie thing where the name is never mentioned, and since theres no toys, its not officially anyone.

That's what gives me pause before discounting alternative theories. Doomsday is a sizable draw for audiences. You'd think WB gets ahead of it with toys and marketing.

I'm pretty sure Snyder (or some producer) confirmed a few months back that it was indeed Scoot McNairy's character that they originally met Eisenberg for.

It makes you wonder what their vision for Lex was before they went back to Eisenberg about it. It couldn't have been what it is today, otherwise I figure Eisenberg would have been at the top of that list based on previous roles he's done.

a916

"Batman v Superman" is more of an attention grabber. It's also what this movie's about.

World's Finest made sense back when we didn't know where they were going with this. The title is better served for a Batman and Superman teamup movie.

Of course I grab two messages from the same user lol...

But yeah, agreed. Man of Steel, I thought, was a bit of a gamble since it wasn't just outright called SUPERMAN. They aren't making the same mistake here, Batman and Superman are front and center from the name alone.

I'll believe it when I see it. The chance that someone outshines Batman in this film is pretty slim. If Wonder Woman pulls it off, it'll be huge for the movie and the whole universe.

Batman will shine without much help just on the account that he's Batman, he looks cool and a lot of his work will not rely on acting, but more with script, dialogue and costume/set design.

Gone is the magnificent underground lair or ascot-heavy wardrobe, replaced with a Fortune 500-friendly progeny. This is the millennial Luthor, a deviation that Eisenberg dubs a relief. "When you're doing a movie like this and playing a character that's already been played, the further away it is from those previous incarnations the better," Eisenberg said. "Because chances are, especially with a guy like Gene Hackman or Kevin Spacey, you're not going to get favorably compared."

NAILED IT. That's the exact same reason why you don't give us a Heath Ledger impression, you take the Joker in a different direction.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
WB slowly starting that machine. 11 more days until the new SS trailer (do we get new BvS footage too?).

IconGrist

For you fellow American folks, can I just buy like a cheap antennae for a smart TV and get the CW? I don't have cable of any kind but want to watch the special live.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
For you fellow American folks, can I just buy like a cheap antennae for a smart TV and get the CW? I don't have cable of any kind but want to watch the special live.
You should be able to. It's a free local station in the States.

EDIT - Wait, do you live in the US? If not, then I don't know how it works in other countries. At that point, it may be part of a satellite or cable subscription.

We'll probably get some sponsor specific trailers like the Nokia ones closer to release. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't another trailer from WB themselves unless Zack really was irritated by the most recent one and insists on doing his own. We'll just start seeing TV spots with the SuperBowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom