• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

Someone actually suggested Snyder should cut out the Bruce/Clark scene. And people saying the Batsuit is horrible

You know what they say about the crazy ones...

lSjJfr7.gif

When they had that IMAX preview thing last year, they mentioned anyone in attendance was going to get a free preview screening of the final film. Any scuttlebutt about that yet?

Magwik

Banned
When they had that IMAX preview thing last year, they mentioned anyone in attendance was going to get a free preview screening of the final film. Any scuttlebutt about that yet?

Na, I assume they'll email stuff out in March or whenever tickets go on sale. It's just a screening a week early.
I don't even mind the ticket, I just really liked getting the posters

Boke1879

OT has lost it, TV spot 1 is good. Really good imo. Even youtube loves it.

It was said earlier but a lot of posters in OT regarding movies try to come off as experts or the arbiter of what is good or bad. But generally they out of touch with the general movie going population.

Batman is popular, Superman is popular and this is WW on the big screen I think for the first time. All of them on the screen together for the first time and Batman and Superman fighting. Unless reviews tank the movie it's going to do numbers.

Magwik

Banned
It was said earlier but a lot of posters in OT regarding movies try to come off as experts or the arbiter of what is good or bad. But generally they out of touch with the general movie going population.

Batman is popular, Superman is popular and this is WW on the big screen I think for the first time. All of them on the screen together for the first time and Batman and Superman fighting. Unless reviews tank the movie it's going to do numbers.

I mean, there is an entire thread where people say that The Revenant has bad cinematography. Like c'mon.

Boke1879

I mean, there is an entire thread where people say that The Revenant has bad cinematography. Like c'mon.

I haven't seen that movie yet but the cinematography looks great. Just like at the thread for the first Ultron trailer. People just gushing about it. Ask about Ultron now. Most on GAF would say it's shit.

I enjoy the Marvel movies. Ultron was good because it wasn't anything more than a popcorn summer flick for me with good action. My only complaint about those movies is there are no stakes involved. You know they are all going to survive for the most part.

Magwik

Banned
I haven't seen that movie yet but the cinematography looks great. Just like at the thread for the first Ultron trailer. People just gushing about it. Ask about Ultron now. Most on GAF would say it's shit.

I enjoy the Marvel movies. Ultron was good because it wasn't anything more than a popcorn summer flick for me with good action. My only complaint about those movies is there are no stakes involved. You know they are all going to survive for the most part.

Ultron was fine until the last act where
the movie is about to introduce stakes and actually forcing the team into making a decision (if we let these people die are we heroes but we also need to stop this rock) but then Nick Fury rides up with a helicarrier and removes all tnesion whatsoever

Imperial

Those two TV spots were excellent. I hope they drop the official poster soon, maybe on Conan?

This whole scene has Zack written all over it. The slo mo is back, and i'm glad. Let Snyder/Fong do their thing visually.

Epic slo mo shots of Supes cape billowing in the wind was sorely lacking in MOS

Ninjimbo

This whole scene has Zack written all over it. The slo mo is back, and i'm glad. Let Snyder/Fong do their thing visually.
Same here. Snyder's signature style seems to be back. Even though I like Man of Steel, you kinda get the feeling that Snyder was dialing himself back a bit throughout the whole thing. It kinda hurts it a little bit because I'm a sucker for his style.

Man of Steel looks so different from the rest of his movies.

Penguin

I think he's referring to
Batman and Superman fighting twice
?

I guess more that
the Batmobile stuff is either after an encounter or an encounter. During the Comic Con trailer... thought it could have been where they made peace.
And it doesn't look like Batman was trying to attack him so maybe goes into the running away

I didn't mean to tease, I don't like spoiling stuff

But the very first reddit spoiler/review thingie from like 5-6 months ago

The more that comes out, the more it lines up with that one. There are things like the 8 months v 3 years, but that's stuff is a quick and painless change.

Boke1879

That post totally sounds like the movie honestly. It revealed things shown in the official trailer, and honestly I'm not against any of it.

that would be a cool/smart movie to watch if spoiler is true
the way they handle superman and the political nature of him is cool and batman would actually do detective work for the first time.
also Luther is a sly and ruthless motherfucker in this

also

near the end, where superman is talking to lex separated by a glass window, isn't that a scene from superman the animated series?

the way they handle superman and the political nature of him is cool and batman would actually do detective work for the first time.

also

near the end, where superman is talking to lex separated by a glass window, isn't that a scene from superman the animated series?

Maybe?

Reminds me of a bit from All Star Superman. All Lex really needs to do is spit in Supes' face.

Penguin

also

I think it's a common motif with them

Because it tends to force Lex to look up at someone

I think Lois and Clark did it as well

Also why do people become silly around this movie

Like a lot of reactions I see... seems to be folks intentionally dense at things

Like folks taking Bruce's "Son" as literally noting older than him, rather than being a bit condescending. I imagine if Clark is covering this event, it's not really like a hard-hitting news piece, and he's trying to break a story.

I think it's a common motif with them

Because it tends to force Lex to look up at someone

I think Lois and Clark did it as well

Also why do people become silly around this movie

Like a lot of reactions I see... seems to be folks intentionally dense at things

Like folks taking Bruce's "Son" as literally noting older than him, rather than being a bit condescending. I imagine if Clark is covering this event, it's not really like a hard-hitting news piece, and he's trying to break a story.
People don't get the Lex .. gimmick in that scene either. It's clear to me that Lex knows who both of them are at that point and is just rubbing their noses in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom