• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

IconGrist

So the "you will" line is a response to something else? Because otherwise it doesn't make much sense.

If Superman says something along the lines of "Shut it down and I better not see you again" and then flies off it still fits. Obviously better worded than what I just came up with but you get the idea.

Nope. There's a reason this exists:
MtZ9N.gif

The only time I've seen this gif used was when two differing opinions immediately followed one another. Like when one post says "Awesome!" and the one directly underneath says "Shit."

So I'm not seeing how that proves your point.

WhiteWolf

Damn, this came out of nowhere. This definitely looks like this first encounter between Batman and Superman (Clark and Bruce have probably been introduced to each other prior to this). Only 76 days left people!

Kinda curious what would happen if BvS ends up with an 80%+ score on RT. What would be the highest number it could hit where GAF never sees it as more than a MOS debacle?

I'll be legitimately surprised if the film gets over 90%. Not because I don't think it could impress me, but because the critics have already pegged Snyder. I was surprised TFA did so well, then I noticed the critic's reviews for Star Trek 1/2, some film makers simply resonate more with critics than audiences.

a916

I'll be legitimately surprised if the film gets over 90%. Not because I don't think it could meet my personal opion, but because the critics have already pegged Snyder. I was surprised TFA did so well, then I noticed the critic's reviews for Star Trek 1/2, some film makers simply resonate more with critics than audiences.

There's no way this movie gets above 80... and this has nothing to do with persecution complex or the quality of the film. There's already a lot of people that have a certain view of this movie going into it. Confirmation bias does exist and you're taught as a review to go in with open expectations and judge the movie as you see it. But have you seen those really dumb articles on a few websites about how DCEU is going to fail because it's too dark and too serious and not like Marvel? How am I to believe they can set aside those strong believes to then NOT carry that bias into the movie review?

Hell, part of the review on MOS docked marks for not following in Donner's footsteps completely ignoring that this was a fresh retelling of Superman.

It's like Zelda. The new thing makes everyone appreciate the old thing.

A lot of people are changing their tune about MOS already... hell that opening shot made a lot of people go, oh wait, they did that damage on purpose, well then...

I'll be legitimately surprised if the film gets over 90%. Not because I don't think it could meet my personal opion, but because the critics have already pegged Snyder. I was surprised TFA did so well, then I noticed the critic's reviews for Star Trek 1/2, some film makers simply resonate more with critics than audiences.

If the stars align, I see it hitting a maximum of 85 on RT. I fully expect the range to be 65 to 85 for this film.

Tabby

It'll go around 65-75 in my opinion. Honestly I don't even care what anyone says or what the reviews will be. The god damn trinity together in live action.

IconGrist

There's no way this movie gets above 80... and this has nothing to do with persecution complex or the quality of the film. There's already a lot of people that have a certain view of this movie going into it. Confirmation bias does exist and you're taught as a review to go in with open expectations and judge the movie as you see it. But have you seen those really dumb articles on a few websites about how DCEU is going to fail because it's too dark and too serious and not like Marvel? How am I to believe they can set aside those strong believes to then NOT carry that bias into the movie review?

Hell, part of the review on MOS docked marks for not following in Donner's footsteps completely ignoring that this was a fresh retelling of Superman.

I read a lot of reviews for Man of Steel and I was shocked at how many docked the overall score of the movie because it either wasn't a continuation of the Reeve/Routh movies or because it wasn't "their" Superman. Who the hell reviews a movie like that? I can probably count in the single digits how many I read that gave a negative review of MoS based on the actual movie and not some comparison to another movie it wasn't trying to be. I can respect those.

Effect

I know reaction videos get a bad rep here but this one is great, the dudes reaction is funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb4jIwK91rE

Tyrone Magnus is awesome.

The batmobile hitting Superman reminds me of the gatling gun bullets hitting Superman in Superman Returns. Outside of the plane scene that is the second best Superman action scene in that film. I'm referring specifically to the part where the bullet hits his eye and drops and then you see Superman smirk.

I read a lot of reviews for Man of Steel and I was shocked at how many docked the overall score of the movie because it either wasn't a continuation of the Reeve/Routh movies or because it wasn't "their" Superman. Who the hell reviews a movie like that? I can probably count in the single digits how many I read that gave a negative review of MoS based on the actual movie and not some comparison to another movie it wasn't trying to be. I can respect those.

This is why when people bring up Man of Steel's reviews I tell them to go and actually read those reviews and not just look at the score. I lot of them are really messed up because of them doing this.

Boke1879

This is why I always tell people. Go in the movie and just shut your brain off and try not to go in giving weight to other's opinions positive or negative if it's a movie you're going to see regardless. Because when you do that you go into the movie and start to analyze everything. When you should be sitting back and just watching.

a916

I completely lost respect for anyone who wants to be looked at as a movie critic that mentioned that in their review. They mentioned it in Collider Heroes here:

LINK

It's an absolute joke that people reviewed that movie on points not even having to do with the movie. You can bet that this is going to happen in BvS as well. You can get away with Black Panther because people don't know Black Panther, but because it's Batman and Superman, people have preconceived notions and don't like the idea of different takes. Even Jesse Eisenberg mentioned it and how weird it is for people to hate on it because it doesn't align with pre-conceived notions when this is supposed to be a different take.

ReiGun

He hit Superman. It's like running into a brickwall.

I know. It just feels kind of awkward.

I don't really have the words to explain why it doesn't work for me totally. I mean, it is a cool moment for Superman. And I suspect it works better in context of the film. Just an odd scene to choose for your TV spot.

Effect

Tyrone is a legend. I know he's excited simply to see the Trinity on screen and I know Superman is his favorite of the bunch.

What I really like about him is how genuine he comes off in his reactions. Even when I don't agree with them and even when he likes or dislikes he comes of real.

I know. It just feels kind of awkward.

I don't really have the words to explain why it doesn't work for me totally. I mean, it is a cool moment for Superman. And I suspect it works better in context of the film. Just an odd scene to choose for your TV spot.

I had the same thoughts. It just looks strange. I think it's the editing that causes confusion for me. It hits Superman and its a close-up, you see it kinda spin, but then when it cuts back out, its a wide shot and it looks like the Batmobile just shoots straight back.

a916

I think it's the speed. It kind of just pings.

drXQj0l.gif

It's probably a really really heavy Batmobile, it reacted like a tank and a Michael Bay car that flipped a hundred times before landing. The only weird part for me is that it didn't crunch up like a car should (to absorb the impact) and instead pinged off him... so I hope Batman had some absorbers on his seat.

Boke1879

Bold move by Supes. I know he doesn't want to fight or hurt batman but he's definitely fucking with him. I REALLY can't wait for the dynamic between the two even when they start working together. They always have this thing where they really don't like each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom