• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanee

I wouldn't be surprised if she is already known as Wonder Woman due to her part in WW1.

Some one asks her name and she responds with "well a group used to call me Wonder Woman" blah blah.

"We really are the dawn of justice, man dressed as bat and man who is super. Allow me, woman of wonder aid you with my allies aquatic man, fast person, and cyborg."

HEROIC ACQUAINTANCES 2017

I'm really curious how movement and talking underwater is gonna look. I don't think i've ever seen it done well. Unless they cop out with the bubble cities.

strafer

I hope WW got some dodging moves.

ygOMqeR.gif

a916

Everything we've heard about this Batman paints the picture of a man disillusioned and bitter over the campaign he wages going on twenty years and losing. His frustrations come from a relatable place. Have to imagine Superman adds new perspective to his pessimism. The key is having Batman come around by the end; and ideally, Superman has a big role in inspiring Batman to be heroic again.

Please for the love of all that is holy, play the voiceover from Man of Steel in the Justice League teaser.

I wouldn't be surprised if she is already known as Wonder Woman due to her part in WW1.

Some one asks her name and she responds with "well a group used to call me Wonder Woman" blah blah.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but no WarnerBros character has come up with a name by themselves. It's always been given to them. I very much doubt that we'll be introduced to Diana as 'Wonder Woman' in this film.

Penguin

Batman is all about that branding!

But it's iffy

Superman is clearly named by Lois in the Donnor film and by the Army in Man of Steel.

Green Lantern is a role not a name

I think Catwoman names herself in Return, same with The Penguin. The Riddler... okay villains do it more than the heroes.

bryanee

Correct me if I'm wrong, but no WarnerBros character has come up with a name by themselves. It's always been given to them. I very much doubt that we'll be introduced to Diana as 'Wonder Woman' in this film.

I'm just referring to the fact that her movie is at least partly a prequel to all of this BvS/MoS stuff so she could of got her WW name during the World War 1 era which would mean she could already be known as Wonder Woman during BvS.

Penguin

Though not a wholly DC thing

Reason I bought it up, and could be wrong, I don't think Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch nor Vision are named in Age of Ultron.

I don't think Quicksilver (or some of the "future" mutants) are named in Days of Future Past.

Superman was "named" but not like officially named in Man of Steel.

There's a running gag in the Justice League Mortal script about names. Aquaman hates that everybody refers to him as it. Want to say The Flash even eggs him on about it.

a916

Clark's expression is on point too, he sighs and almost rolls his eye as if to say, damnit Lex, I'm trying to get something accomplished here.

Batman is all about that branding!

But it's iffy

Superman is clearly named by Lois in the Donnor film and by the Army in Man of Steel.

Green Lantern is a role not a name

I think Catwoman names herself in Return, same with The Penguin. The Riddler... okay villains do it more than the heroes.

No one cared who I was 'til I put on the mask.

ReiGun

I think the best way to handle it is to have the media create the names for them.

Then you get a nice little scene where Wonder Woman is happy about the name and Aquaman is angry about it.

They could rip the scene right from the Throne of Atlantis movie

"People on the internet are calling you 'Aquaman.'"

"I hate that."

"Aquaman it is!"

Edit: Beaten! Darn it!

Just finished watching Superman: The Movie (expanded/director's cut). I hadn't seen the movie since I was a kid (despite owning the Ultimate DVD set for almost 10 years). Man, it's still really damn great. Just a joy to watch.

Might watch Superman II tomorrow. Theatrical version, and then the Donner cut later. Since I'm planning to watch all of the Superman (and Batman) live-action movies, that means I'll also be watching Superman III, IV, Returns, and Man of Steel soon. I haven't seen II and III since I was a kid, I've yet to watch the Donner cut of II, I watched IV during a bad movie night around 2008/2009, and I've only watched Superman Returns and Man of Steel in theaters, so I'm looking forward to watching all of these again.

Penguin

I watch Man of Steel like once a week. Between that and The Winter Soldier I've seen them both a lot.

I... couldn't do that with any movie

Even once a year is usually rough for me haha

Speaking of, I did rewatch Superman and Batman this weekend (Hence my question)

And think next weekend may do Batman:Year ONe and Last Son of Krypton.

IconGrist

I... couldn't do that with any movie

Even once a year is usually rough for me haha

Speaking of, I did rewatch Superman and Batman this weekend (Hence my question)

And think next weekend may do Batman:Year ONe and Last Son of Krypton.

I repeat watch a lot of my favorites. Big Trouble in Little China and Big Lebowski also get watched a lot. In between bouts of Game of Thrones (that I just started for the first time ever) I might also watch Tropic Thunder, lol.

I rarely ever end up watching a movie more than once every five or so years, even if it's one of my favorites. Don't know why. Heh.

I plan to rewatch a shitload of movies this year, though. All of the Batman and Superman movies, all of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies (I've only watched each once, all in theaters besides Incredible Hulk), the Jurassic Park movies, Terminator 1 and 2, the Star Wars movies, the Back to the Future trilogy, and maybe some others.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, I'm the same way. I've only seen Man of Steel once (in the theatres) even though I own the Blu Ray. I can't watch the same movie more than once a year, it always feels like I JUST saw it, even though it could be 12 months later. I'll watch Man of Steel before I see BvS for sure though.

Think I've watched MoS 3 times in full. Imax, and twice at home. I love watching the small ville fight scene and the zod fight every time.

I need to start working on my TV backlog though, I'm watching Breaking Bad for the first time and it's really good. Still have to watch Clone Wars, finish Earth's Mightiest Heroes, start Attack on Titan. I heard good things about Sword Art Online and I was interested in checking out American Horror Story since I love horror on occasion. I'd love to see a super hero horror film, maybe James Wan can work some magic with Aquaman.

Currently searching for a job since I just graduated with a Computer Science degree, starting to get tedious even though it's only been less than two weeks. Working on personal projects, reviewing concepts and looking for local work, but I guess it gives me time to catch up on some shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom