• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwik

Banned
Think I've watched MoS 3 times in full. Imax, and twice at home. I love watching the small ville fight scene and the zod fight every time.

I need to start working on my TV backlog though, I'm watching Breaking Bad for the first time and it's really good. Still have to watch Clone Wars, finish Earth's Mightiest Heroes, start Attack on Titan. I heard good things about Sword Art Online and I was interested in checking out American Horror Story since I love horror on occasion. I'd love to see a super hero horror film, maybe James Wan can work some magic with Aquaman.
Someone has been feeding you lies

Someone has been feeding you lies

always an opposing viewpoint :p.

It's only 26 episodes so it's not a huge investment for me. I haven't watched much anime since my Gundam binge a couple of years ago, I'm more interested in the shorter series below 100 episodes.

I'll welcome recommendations though, I like more action stuff but horror/mysteries are good. So long as it isn't moe stuff, and has an interesting plot line I'm in. Berserk (so happy we're getting another anime), FMA & Brotherhood, Gundam SEED (and pretty much all the other major Gundams), and Monster are the last few I watched.

Strafer, you're hardcore. I think I watched MoS like 6 times at home, 1 time in the theatre. Movie has some scenes that gives me the feels as a previously non-Superman Fan.

Magwik

Banned
always an opposing viewpoint :p.

It's only 26 episodes so it's not a huge investment for me. I haven't watched much anime since my Gundam binge a couple of years ago, I'm more interested in the shorter series below 100 episodes.

I'll welcome recommendations though, I like more action stuff but horror/mysteries are good. So long as it isn't moe stuff, and has an interesting plot line I'm in. Berserk (so happy we're getting another anime), FMA & Brotherhood, Gundam SEED (and pretty much all the other major Gundams), and Monster are the last few I watched.
It's still really bad. Watch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure instead

BadAss2961

KbZk4Xj.gif
lmao

Makes sense. It's DC's first big effort at a connected universe, people want to see these two iconic heroes on screen, even more want to see Wonder Woman. Though Man of Steel is considered the first film, it really didn't do much world building outside of a few easter eggs.

Loxley

Damn it, I was at that Midtown Comics not four weeks ago.

On the plus side - it totally lived up to the hype, what an awesome place. If I lived closer to NYC I would definitely give them more of my business, someone tell them to open a branch in Philly.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Watched MoS twice in theaters (only reason I didn't watch it more times is because I just hate 3D) and a couple of times at home. That Zod fight/Flight sequence and Smallville fight are probably somewhere at the top when it comes to most watched youtube vids. Love that movie.

ryan299

Faraci just said that a major set piece, almost a 4th act, was added to the film. It wasn't in the script that he saw. Says the shooting script was around 150 pages before the addition.

In truth I've seen Man of Steel in full, three times, the third being to help test and calibrate new TV equipment. Not a big fan of the film. But that Smallville scene I've seen more times than I care to admit. Same with the Flight scene.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Faraci just said that a major set piece, almost a 4th act, was added to the film. It wasn't in the script that he saw. Says the shooting script was around 150 pages before the addition.

How reliable is that guy and what are the chances that he's right about this? And if so: let's speculate!

ryan299

How reliable is that guy and what are the chances that he's right about this? And if so: let's speculate!

He had Doomsday in 2014 and nobody took him serious until Mayimbe reported Doomsday in like March of 15. I'm not a fan of Faraci, but he's been petty accurate with this film.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
He had Doomsday in 2014 and nobody took him serious until Mayimbe reported Doomsday in like March of 15. I'm not a fan of Faraci, but he's been petty accurate with this film.

Any chance it was just a lucky guess? Wanna know whether to trust the guy or not.

a916

I'm not even sure what this means... is this a bad thing? Or can we really not taking anything from it considering we don't know how this movie plays out?

How many movies have more than 3 acts?

ryan299

Sounds like
Luthor drone fight with Hal involved

He has said that the recent reddit leak is fake, though there is another that is fairly accurate. I believe it's been linked here before.

No idea what they've could have added. You would think Doomsday is enough to end the movie.

Nobody give Faraci more attention.

Whatever one thinks of Faraci's opinions, his track record on leaks is pretty good. Not perfect, obviously, but he's one of the more credible sources on superhero films below the THR/Variety/TheWrap/Deadline tier.

And "fourth act" doesn't sound like a positive development, but obviously that's far too vague to really judge.

Penguin

So Zack opens up about the last trailer, the reveal of Doomsday and more in this interview

Snyder admits that he and Warner Bros. wrestled with just how much to reveal to fans with two months of pre-release buzz-building to strategize. “We had a long conversation about just taking ownership of that, of giving it to the audience in a controlled way that I felt was consistent with the escalation of the campaign,” said Snyder, a commercials veteran.

“To us it really made sense to give [Doomsday] to the audience now. I really wanted to make the audience a promise that… though I’m super excited and happy and fulfilled by the conflict of Batman and Superman, there’s also a bigger world to start to think about.”

“That’s fun because it allows us now to be driving toward a goal that we don’t have to make up as much. The rules can be the rules, and the movie can exist in a closed universe… it allows us to tie things together. If there’s a movie over here doing this, and we’re over here doing this, now we’re all on the same page.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ter_page&account=thedailybeast&medium=twitter

Whatever one thinks of Faraci's opinions, his track record on leaks is pretty good. Not perfect, obviously, but he's one of the more credible sources on superhero films below the THR/Variety/TheWrap/Deadline tier.

And "fourth act" doesn't sound like a positive development, but obviously that's far too vague to really judge.

Eh its less about that and more along the lines of this shit

CMxWHhTWgAA_4dM.png

Don't believe everything you hear, son.

Hhklehd.gif

BadAss2961

“Well, you have Doomsday, right? He doesn’t just crawl out of the ground. He has his own mythology, right? So that has to be explored…”
Good to know they wouldn't have Doomsday without exploring his background, which is pretty cool.

Looking back, i'd guess this is more likely to be him than anything else. Maybe in his containment suit.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
the-shit-i-put-up-with-240x180.jpg

Wonder what Zack will drop tomorrow. Hope it's part of the score or something like that, don't need more footage.

Aquaman's image is all over products but we've yet to see a single frame of him from the film.

How'd Marvel handle Vision in Avengers 2 merchandise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom