• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

IconGrist

Hey, so IMDB named Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad its #1 and #2 most anticipated movies of 2016 respectively - is this a big deal or no? I'm not familiar with IMDB's worth when it comes to these things.

Magwik

Banned
Hey, so IMDB named Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad its #1 and #2 most anticipated movies of 2016 respectively - is this a big deal or no? I'm not familiar with IMDB's worth when it comes to these things.

Not really a big deal, but there have been quite a few other places that have thrown both at their most anticipated spots. Some public consensus, others not. Best to remember that GAF is almost never representative of the public.

BlazinAm

Seems like Mr. Luthor is in my city filming some behind the scene stuff

Argh... but not the Midtown near me

https://twitter.com/MidtownComics/status/686966594178781184

CYiYdhfUMAEnurb.jpg

Also ironically, didn't expect Jesse to be the one doing the press so early.

He's probably the more accessible person of any of the big named actors in the movie.

BadAss2961

So you're saying doomsday won't be franken-zod despite what we've seen?
Yeah, especially now with Zack saying he "has his own mythology." 'Mythology' wouldn't be used to describe Franken-Zod.

Then there's the Man of Steel blu-ray that hints Doomsday, Bertron and all. Makes me wonder if a full on Superman/Doomsday movie was the original plan before they decided to go universe building with Batman v Superman, only that Doomsday still made the cut and will ultimately be the Justice League's first big threat instead.

IconGrist

Yeah, especially now with Zack saying he "has his own mythology." 'Mythology' wouldn't be used to describe Franken-Zod.

Then there's the Man of Steel blu-ray that hints Doomsday, Bertron and all. Makes me wonder if a full on Superman/Doomsday movie was the original plan before they decided to go universe building with Batman v Superman, only that Doomsday still made the cut and will ultimately be the Justice League's first big threat instead.

The quote itself really throws what we think we know about Doomsday in Batman v Superman for a loop. Is Snyder just using Doomsday as an example? Or is Zod's body used for something else and not the creation of Doomsday?

You can't say "explore Doomsday's mythology" if it starts with "Lex Luthor mutated a dead Kryptonian". What is to explore after that? Either Snyder is fucking with us or there is something going on that will come completely out of left field despite what the trailers have shown.

I'm hoping for the latter but worried Snyder tried to say one thing and it came out wrong.

DaveH

I think people are reading too much into the mythology comment (not helped by the fact the interviewer used it as her headline to the piece!) and that he's simply hinting at how anything could lead to a larger story.

In Man of Steel, for example, Zod & Jor-El's preexisting friendship could lead to a whole "mythology" or the nature of The Codex could lead to a whole mythology... that doesn't mean subsequent movies are going to focus on or tell that story... it also doesn't mean that they can't leverage that to tell a story.

I think that's all he meant. Doomsday can be future storytelling fodder or not, not that JL will tell that story and that there is a definitive mythology behind the scenes.

GeeTeeCee

Have we ever had any official confirmation that Enchantress is actually part of the squad? It does seem likely that she's the main villain, but I think the Joker will probably become a threat near the end, assuming the film is at least partly inspired by Assault on Arkham.

Would love for Deathstroke to appear, particularly when one of the early rumours suggested
he's being paid by Waller to shadow the squad
. But with Deadshot and Rick Flagg already included I can't see him appearing.

Rewatching Young Justice season 2, wonder if we'll see Blue Beetle in any films. They should really just say fuck it and make Cyborg a cameo film with all the characters that we'll never get on TV because of budget reasons. A brave and the bold type movie. The Reach would be a good opponent for cyborg as well, fits into the robotic theme.

I want Aqualad and Miss Martian in a film.

Yeah Kaldur easter egg for Aquaman would be great, with a full introduction in the sequel. I don't know where Miss Martian would fit in for films unless they converted cyborg into a YJ/Titans film. I wouldn't be opposed to White Martians being a villain in one of the films (most likely JLA or SUperman), introducing J'onn & her.

mmm, I don't know. Doomsday's face is pretty clearly modeled after Shannon's.

GeeTeeCee

Rewatching Young Justice season 2, wonder if we'll see Blue Beetle in any films. They should really just say fuck it and make Cyborg a cameo film with all the characters that we'll never get on TV because of budget reasons. A brave and the bold type movie. The Reach would be a good opponent for cyborg as well, fits into the robotic theme.

Wasn't the reason for the Atom's inclusion in Arrow that the showrunners wanted to use Ted Kord, but were told he was off limits? Suggests something Beetle related could be in the works.

Wasn't the reason for the Atom's inclusion in Arrow that the showrunners wanted to use Ted Kord, but were told he was off limits? Suggests something Beetle related could be in the works.

I think there's a rumored Blue & Gold movie, probably with Ted Kord. I have no idea what DC is doing with Jaime, I don't think he's in any ongoing comics.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
According to Latino Review (not sure if we can link them),
Bizarro
is going to be in the movie. Seems sketchy since there haven't been any rumors about that character in a while.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah... while Heard is super pretty, she's not a very good actress.

Not very good, but she isn't bad either. Cast in the right role she's pretty servicable. And that's all you need really. Heck, most of the actors playing superheroes aren't very good either (Cavill, Hemsworth, Evans etc).

According to Latino Review (not sure if we can link them),
Bizarro
is going to be in the movie. Seems sketchy since there haven't been any rumors about that character in a while.

Cool, make a new thread!

I think there's a rumored Blue & Gold movie, probably with Ted Kord. I have no idea what DC is doing with Jaime, I don't think he's in any ongoing comics.

He's not.

ARGH.

Though he is in that animated Titans movie, so that's something.

Probably not going to make it into the movies for a while, and his powerset is kind of prohibitive for anything other than a Grodd-style thing on TV.

Ashhong

Mother of god, she's beautiful. How talented is she? I've never heard of her or seen her work.

She's alright. But she rises to the top because of all of her sex scenes. Yes, that's all it takes to win me over.

So.....trailer tonight?! Something?! Is it too early to release the "Final" trailer? Hoping for a proper Snyder cut trailer

Penguin

I honestly don't expect anything

No real special mention from Zack or Warner to watch the show.

Heck if not for fans discovering it on their cable boxes, I wouldn't even have known

a916

She's alright. But she rises to the top because of all of her sex scenes. Yes, that's all it takes to win me over.

So.....trailer tonight?! Something?! Is it too early to release the "Final" trailer? Hoping for a proper Snyder cut trailer

I'm not quite sure I understand the point of him showing up here when the Superbowl is up next in like 3 weeks. He has to drop something now that he's here... but then if you drop now, do you just show the same trailer again on the Superbowl? I mean we just had a huge new trailer less than a month ago.

Re-cut the last one with the old one and add Zimmer music would be my plan... and then re-air it for Superbowl.

He's not.

ARGH.

Though he is in that animated Titans movie, so that's something.

Probably not going to make it into the movies for a while, and his powerset is kind of prohibitive for anything other than a Grodd-style thing on TV.

Yeah I just saw that today. For those that don't know, the upcoming movie has adult starfire, raven, damian wayne, beast boy and jaime on the teen titans. I still have no idea what the movie is about, it's titled Justice League vs Titans.

I'm curious what a DCEU teen titans movie would be. I think Jaime could be a likely contender. I don't think Dick would be involved since we have an older batman, grayson is likely in his 20's. I'm assuming the team would be new since Superman is apparently the first known super hero. I'm guessing batman will pick up a new Robin at some point.

I'm not quite sure I understand the point of him showing up here when the Superbowl is up next in like 3 weeks. He has to drop something now that he's here... but then if you drop now, do you just show the same trailer again on the Superbowl? I mean we just had a huge new trailer less than a month ago.

Re-cut the last one with the old one and add Zimmer music would be my plan... and then re-air it for Superbowl.

He's likely there for the Dorito thing. I'm only expecting them to talk about the movie.

a916

Someone asked the Collider crew about making Green Lanterns, Hal Jordan and John Stewart, Zac Efron and Michael B Jordan.

OMG Make this happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom