• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

I'm curious what it is that Batman does (or supposedly did) to get Clark so fucking riled up.

Well seems like he doesn't like how the Batman operates based off the trailer.

Probably on his turf

Also explains WHY Batman calls to him with the Bat-signal in the trailer

Penguin

It's a small thing, but I think "You Will" works better in the clip/movie because it has a longer pause in-between take-off and when he says it.

Like he gawks at him flying away longer

Maybe the branding?

Yea, sounds right.

jason-todd-is-in-the-batman-v-superman-trailer-592931.jpg

84803-Man-of-Steel-Superman-screamin-mdLM.gif

BadAss2961

It's a small thing, but I think "You Will" works better in the clip/movie because it has a longer pause in-between take-off and when he says it.

Like he gawks at him flying away longer
Immediately had the same thought. The more we see the whole thing, unedited, the better it looks. Go figure.

Loxley

For the record I do think the clip was awesome. For as much as people whine that "we've seen the whole film!", I still have more questions about this movie's specifics with each new clip.

Ashhong

It's the lighting + the angle, none of the detail in the cowl is visible and Bat's face just looks really flat as a result.

Maybe, but if the movie is as dark as the trailers make it seem, it'll happen often. It's because the black of his eyes blend in so well with his mask

Boke1879

Someone just posted "it's like borderline a parody" in OT. At this point people just say shit just to say it. If you think a movie with Batman, superman and WW will flop the lol. It'll make money just off the name recognition.

I love how some of the responses in that thread are actually what you guys predicted. I dont think I've ever wanted a movie to be a critical success so much. I usually dont care about these things much as long as I enjoy the film but my god I hope this movie is well loved just to shut these guys up.

PBY

Banned
Someone just posted "it's like borderline a parody" in OT. At this point people just say shit just to say it. If you think a movie with Batman, superman and WW will flop the lol. It'll make money just off the name recognition.
I posted that, actually came in here to see the reactions.

It's parody of self-serious comic book movies, basically a 5th graders juvenile idea of what the most badass movie with these two would be.

Granted I hope it's awesome, but I'm not saying it for the sake of saying shit. I think this movie will do numbers too btw.

PBY

Banned
Exactly. It makes no sense. It's just someone saying shit just to say it. That many in that thread will still see the movie. Others have no intent and do drive by posts. You'll know who they are.
I actually just came here and explained my post, but continue to live in your bubble where people thinking it looks awful based on what we've seen are somehow doing it to troll.

FWIW (i.e. Nothing) my Twitter feed was pretty down on it, and it's just NBA bloggers and sports analysts, although there were a decent amount of people hype for it.

Ashhong

I actually just came here and explained my post, but continue to live in your bubble where people thinking it looks awful based on what we've seen are somehow doing it to troll.

I see where you're coming from, but don't think it's justified. Especially without knowing the background behind the anger of the two heroes. They are just as angry in the comic books. And this is a comic book movie. What do you want?

PBY

Banned
I see where you're coming from, but don't think it's justified. Especially without knowing the background behind the anger of the two heroes. They are just as angry in the comic books. And this is a comic book movie. What do you want?
I don't want anything except for the movie to be good? I'm just reacting to a 20 second video.

Boke1879

FWIW (i.e. Nothing) my Twitter feed was pretty down on it, and it's just NBA bloggers and sports analysts, although there were a decent amount of people hype for it.

I just saw your post but I still don't get your parody comment. It's a movie about batman vs superman. Nothing from what I've seen makes me think this movie isn't taking itself seriously in regards to these characters.

Not saying you're trolling but many in the OT threads about this movie literally post the same thing every thread. It's amazing how in this thread we predicted all the complaints before this even aired and low and behold it's right there on the first page lol

IconGrist

I posted that, actually came in here to see the reactions.

It's parody of self-serious comic book movies, basically a 5th graders juvenile idea of what the most badass movie with these two would be.

Granted I hope it's awesome, but I'm not saying it for the sake of saying shit. I think this movie will do numbers too btw.

Wait, what? I can understand not liking what you've seen, that's fine. What I don't understand is your reasoning behind "parody". A lot of comics are "self-serious". Most of them because they are presented as living breathing worlds. It can't be a parody if both the comics and the movie are presented in nearly the exact same way. The major difference obviously being the medium.

I can't speak to Marvel myself as I'm not well-versed in that arena but from what I'm told Marvel's movies are a close representation of Marvel's books. Do you also find them to be a parody? It's just DC's style. Same as Marvel has theirs.

PBY

Banned
I just saw your post but I still don't get your parody comment. It's a movie about batman vs superman. Nothing from what I've seen makes me think this movie isn't taking itself seriously in regards to these characters.

Not saying you're trolling but many in the OT threads about this movie literally post the same thing every thread. It's amazing how in this thread we predicted all the complaints before this even aired and low and behold it's right there on the first page lol
It just isn't hitting the "serious" execution for me. It's like a SNL sketch of what the most serious and gritty batman X superman interaction could be. That said- the thread in the OT is more negative than not, I have a hard time thinking people care enough to troll that much. Also guessing that like myself, people who think this looks super dumb from what they've shown will still go see it.

I wonder if a lot of them are really just fans of the idea of the characters and not really the source material, because nothing from the trailers is that far removed from stories and conversations that have been present in the comics when they team up, heck even the animated cartoons.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I just replayed Superman's dialog like 10 times a row just to listen to it. It's 100% fine. Like seriously. Are people expecting Superman to be snarky? It sounds like the tone in which Superman would say something as a passive aggressive threat. He's not going to sound raging mad or sarcastic in that scene. It was a simple warning to Batman. I just don't get how you can say that's a terrible line read.

a916

It just isn't hitting the "serious" execution for me. It's like a SNL sketch of what the most serious and gritty batman X superman interaction could be. That said- the thread in the OT is more negative than not, I have a hard time thinking people care enough to troll that much. Also guessing that like myself, people who think this looks super dumb from what they've shown will still go see it.

People are overly critical because it's Batman and Superman.

If this was Black Panther and Aquaman, people wouldn't care as much because they don't have these preconcieved notions.

In my circle there is a lot of "Should've been Christian Bale" and "Why did they turn Superman into an asshole? Nothing like the Reeve movies". i get a lot of headaches from all the constant eye rolling I have to do.

For a source material that is constantly re-invented, I don't get why people are so obsessive about not changing anything.

IconGrist

I wonder if a lot of them are really just fans of the idea of the characters and not really the source material, because nothing from the trailers is that far removed from stories and conversations that have been present in the comics when they team up, heck even the animated cartoons.

In my circle there is a lot of "Should've been Christian Bale" and "Why did they turn Superman into an asshole? Nothing like the Reeve movies". I get a lot of headaches from all the constant eye rolling I have to do.

Edit: I should point out these are people who are super serious invested in the movie iterations and not so much the comics.

Edit 2: Making the rounds - GAF (no surprise) seems heavily critical but SHH and CBM appear to love the hell out of it. Will check reddit and GFAQs here in a bit.

Edit 3: Not a lot of talk on GFAQs yet so can't say really. Comics board liked it, movie board was "eh". Checked r/movies and r/DC Cinematic and both were really positive about the clip.

ryan299

So, an uncontrollable alien that is responsible for the deaths of thousands, and at any time could snap isn't serious enough for you?

Everything we've seen and hear so far, shows that the film is a reflection of how man kind would react in a situation like this. Batman is fearful of Superman and the amount of destruction he can bring, and feels like he has no choice but to challenge Superman. You could make the same case for Lex. Hell the government is trying to get him in line.

In my circle there is a lot of "Should've been Christian Bale" and "Why did they turn Superman into an asshole? Nothing like the Reeve movies". I get a lot of headaches from all the constant eye rolling I have to do.

Edit: I should point out these are people who are super serious invested in the movie iterations and not so much the comics.

And it's why so many posts and criticisms in the ot come off as stupid criticisms from people who don't have any real knowledge of the characters outside of previous films. That sounds elitist but I don't care. Actually know your stuff before spouting some of the dumbest criticisms I've ever seen levied towards a movie not yet released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom