• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday had to be the best day of my life as far as comic fandom goes.

Flash episode
Carter episode
WW footage
new Batman v Superman footage
That Suicide Squad trailer

and to top it off the best animated Batman movie in a very long time released yesterday(Bad Blood.)

C3GQmz9.gif

I'm getting awful Arkham Knight drive-on-the-walls flashbacks.

Seriously, that CW DC special delivered in spades. They showed a ton of things I didn't expect them to show. Even when Kevin Smith said there was going to be Wonder Woman footage I thought for sure it would just be some BTS stuff. Cannot wait for this movie universe to kick off.

IconGrist

So I wonder how much Superman has been depowered here, if at all? Piecing together scenes from this fight from the other trailers this looks like right after Superman floats up and pushes Bats down from a higher floor. Did Batman bring him down a level to even the playing field somewhat or is Superman kind of humoring him here?

Penguin

I really hope the special becomes like an annual event.

The one thing I would say was slightly disappointed about, thought it would be a great time to kick off the BvS pre-order campaign.

Simo

The SS thread has turned into the "well glad this exists because BvS looks like CRAP" lol...

Love this shot though, can't believe we never got anything as cool as this in the Nolan universe (ripped straight out of Arkham Knight):

C3GQmz9.gif

So fucking cool. I really dug the special as a whole and Wonder Woman is looking great even from the limited footage they've shot and we were able to see.

Fuck those idiots in the WW thread too. Jesus...I took one look on the last page and saw all the body shaming posts or "too feminine", "casting director isn't getting another job after this" or "its a Taylor Swift music video" and booked out. Dumbasses.

guek

Banned
They are never going live-streamed stuff from comic-con because of nerd entitlement. "Why should others be able to watch something I paid a lot of money to see exclusively!?" etc...

Screw that. It's not like attendance would drop. It would increase exposure and word of mouth on upcoming projects in the best way.

PBY

Banned
So fucking cool. I really dug the special as a whole and Wonder Woman is looking great even from the limited footage they've shot and we were able to see.

Fuck those idiots in the WW thread too. Jesus...I took one look on the last page and saw all the body shaming posts or "too feminine", "casting director isn't getting another job after this" or "its a Taylor Swift music video" and booked out. Dumbasses.

Yall gotta chill w/ this victim complex, most people are into it, and SS too.

PBY

Banned
Indeed, but that doesn't mean he had a victim complex. He just made an observation. I'm just questioning why you brought that up.

Just seems weird that this thread is frequently lamenting other threads, that's all. I actually come here to see what the die-hard fans think of the stuff, I find that interesting.

IconGrist

Just seems weird that this thread is frequently lamenting other threads, that's all. I actually come here to see what the die-hard fans think of the stuff, I find that interesting.

We talk about other threads in here because it's the same group of us who just chat with one another. There's no specific reason for it other than a good chunk of us just get along and are excited for the movies. We've been chatting it up in this thread for years.

PBY

Banned
We talk about other threads in here because it's the same group of us who just chat with one another. There's no specific reason for it other than a good chunk of us just get along and are excited for the movies. We've been chatting it up in this thread for years.

I feel that, gaf hop is similar in some respects - either way, the OT (and myself tbh) definitely high on the DC stuff from yesterday, so that should be nice going forward.

Guys, I'm so swamped with work, but if anyone would like to redo the OP, by all means...

Maybe we should just wait til the OT?

Any ways, so awesome that were getting these close, not just to the movie, but the whole universe for that matter.

Been a loooooong wait.

Cause some of us would like to have a discussion, but usually can't because so many feel the need to drive-by shit post in those threads.

IconGrist

I feel that, gaf hop is similar in some respects - either way, the OT (and myself tbh) definitely high on the DC stuff from yesterday, so that should be nice going forward.

I've had a feeling for a while that Suicide Squad was going to turn some people around. Not to make this about Marvel vs DC (I'm just using this to stir up conversation) but a lot of the complaints I see in MCU threads is the similar look. A majority of the MCU movies feel the same. Like you drag and drop scenes from the different movies into new trailers and you'd be hard pressed to tell if you didn't know. For me, that's not a complaint. I like that continuity and it works well for the MCU (although not every movie fits in that way, Winter Soldier was filmed in a more traditional action movie style).

On the other hand, Snyder and co have been saying they want each of their movies to stand out on their own. A Snyder movie will look like a Snyder movie, Jenkins will reflect her style, Ayer will reflect his style, so on and so forth.

I think there was a lot of concern every DCEU movie was going to look and feel like Man of Steel or Batman v Superman and after last night those concerns were alleviated some.

a916

Mayimbe is saying, in response to who Eastwood is (who's in the SS trailer)?

"All I know is that his initials are"GQ" DC fanboys who can it be?"

PBY

Banned
I've had a feeling for a while that Suicide Squad was going to turn some people around. Not to make this about Marvel vs DC (I'm just using this to stir up conversation) but a lot of the complaints I see in MCU threads is the similar look. A majority of the MCU movies feel the same. Like you drag and drop scenes from the different movies into new trailers and you'd be hard pressed to tell if you didn't know. For me, that's not a complaint. I like that continuity and it works well for the MCU (although not every movie fits in that way, Winter Soldier was filmed in a more traditional action movie style).

On the other hand, Snyder and co have been saying they want each of their movies to stand out on their own. A Snyder movie will look like a Snyder movie, Jenkins will reflect her style, Ayer will reflect his style, so on and so forth.

I think there was a lot of concern every DCEU movie was going to look and feel like Man of Steel or Batman v Superman and after last night those concerns were alleviated some.

Re: the bolded - that would be DOPE to me. I generally used to like superhero movies as a kid, but now am generally bored to death by them. The last one's I've genuinely liked were Guardians, TDK, and X Men First Class. I enjoyed Avengers and Iron Man too, to a lesser degree, but the Marvel formula is really thin for me.

Penguin

Most community threads are like that because it's kind of a highly specialized group of people, who probably feel similarly about some outside reactions.

I mean, I frequent the WrassleGAF thread and they lament a ton as well.

IconGrist

GQ probably stands for Great Quads. A common Nightwing trait. >_>

Most community threads are like that because it's kind of a highly specialized group of people, who probably feel similarly about some outside reactions.

I mean, I frequent the WrassleGAF thread and they lament a ton as well.

I one time went into a WrassleGAF thread and the whole page was bitching about Roman Reigns so I left, lol. That's ridiculous. I get it, people think he sucks, but dedicating an entire 50 posts to it (and probably more if I had kept going) was mind boggling. I think it was the Fastlane OT actually.

shingi70

Banned

I didn't take that post as lamenting the other thread from a persecution aspect. There's something to be said that a good chunk of the talk in that Wonder Woman thread is shaming Godot's body and comparing her to to other women. You also have calls of the movie being two feminine over a frame of her with glasses on. Its Ludicrous and hilariously sexist.

GeeTeeCee

So from my cursory explorations into the OT topics it looks to me like people are largely loving Suicide Squad, mixed on Wonder Woman, and still down on BvS.

I guess that's progress?

So from my cursory explorations into the OT topics it looks to me like people are largely loving Suicide Squad, mixed on Wonder Woman, and still down on BvS.

I guess that's progress?

I think it was the fact that the hater's perception of the DCEU was shattered. For the longest time it was "OMG DC WHY SO SERIOUS LOLOLOL YOU SUCK. SO GRITTY! WHY CAN'T YOU BE FUN LIKE MARVEL? SUPER MAN SHOULD HAVE LET THE WORLD DIE BY NOT KILLING ZOD BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO".

Even though Ayer has maintained that his interpretation of SS was going to be a fun ride, it took a trailer to prove it. They scare easily but they'll be back. And in greater numbers.

Guessing that laser Bruce built is him testing his armor against Superman's heat vision.

Alternatively he could be testing out Red Sun radiation. Maybe he located the solar system Krypton was in and surmised that's his weakness.

Either way I'm glad he's back to being an inventor.

I guess that's progress?

People are going to hate BvS until they see it. Most negative opinions are formedfrom man of steel and commercials alone won't convince them at all.

Some people will just hate on it no matter how the movie turns out. You can pick em out pretty easy with their consistent posting pattern, just check the squad trailer thread.

IconGrist

I was thinking about digging through a bunch of old DCEU threads and collecting sort of like a "best of" crap posts. Not in a "oh why is DC getting shit on" kinda way but just as "what the hell does this even mean" kinda way.

I was thinking about digging through a bunch of old DCEU threads and collecting sort of like a "best of" crap posts. Not in a "oh why is DC getting shit on" kinda way but just as "what the hell does this even mean" kinda way.

stop torturing yourself! we got Superman vs Batman and Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman, fuck what some prick thinks about Gal Gadot's body or whether Man of Steel was the worst movie ever (I can't take someone's opinion seriously if they think that is the worst movie ever)
this is DC time now.

IconGrist

stop torturing yourself! we got Superman vs Batman and Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman, fuck what some prick thinks about Gal Gadot's body or whether Man of Steel was the worst movie ever (I can't take someone's opinion seriously if they think that is the worst movie ever)
this is DC time now.

Haha, no I mean posts that make you go:

7gdjnSP.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom