• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, those new TV spots are fucking great.

Exactly two months left from tomorrow. Anybody got a time machine or any of way putting someone in suspended animation?

WhiteWolf

Anyone wonder if the Nolan trilogy will have a negative impact on the way this film might be viewed? Batman was de-powered quite a bit in those movies and, for many people, that is "their" Batman or their main exposure to the character. Some people scoff at the idea of Batman and Superman fighting even after being shown panels from comics or given plot points from famous story arcs. Some to this day some still think Superman can turn back time by flying fast enough in the opposite direction of Earth's rotation even though that has happened since the 70's.

I worry since Man of Steel turned Superman into a sci-if, first contact story (which I think is a cool take on Superman), but people just didn't seem to understand that this was a reinvention of the character; they didn't like that it was different from the Donner films.

strafer

Do you think Bruce is looking at Superman here? With Superman hovering above.

Yz4iP9n.png

a916

That's some real good acting Ben.

That seems to be the aftermath of the battle. Bruce is looking up and surveying the damage.

edit - actually, I can't remember much from the end of MoS. That building falls then the fight goes to the train station?

Zod flies out, Superman chases, building falls, Superman loses sight of Zod, Zod comes up and smacks him into space, they come racing down with Bruce's satellite and into the train station.

inm8num2

Do you think Bruce is looking at Superman here? With Superman hovering above.

Yz4iP9n.png

That seems to be the aftermath of the battle. Bruce is looking up and surveying the damage.

edit - actually, I can't remember much from the end of MoS. That building falls then the fight goes to the train station?

Penguin

That's the spot you make a goddamn thread about. Affleck bringing the heat.

I think duckroll shows up in here from time to time, wonder if it's okay to make like a general/catch-all marketing thread instead of starting threads for new commercials and posters and magazine covers since imagine will become more frequent as we get closer to the movie.

Or if it falls under, new news= new thread

Exactly two months left to go here in the East Coast. I'm glad it got moved to March from May. I don't think I could handle those extra two months of waiting...

ryan299

Yea Star Wars seems like it'll just hit 2 billion. BvS will be huge though.

Seems like Star Wars has really stalled out. Some are saying it's not going to hit the projected 2.4.

I'm thinking the film is going to be in the 1.2-1.5 billion dollar range. If it's good, I can see it beating Avengers and becoming the biggest comic book movie.

I really like the newest spot of Bruce explaining his motive to Alfred. The dialogue is great.

Pachimari

I don't get the hype behind cap 3. I can't help but feel it will be like AoU where it doesn't have any significant meaning to the overall plot. I would have preferred a cap solo movie with a more personal story. Squad has a unique premise, so I actually am putting that above BvS. Deadpools jokes were hit and miss for me, I don't have much hype for that either. I've never been a huge fan of the character.

No mention of Strange, hopefully they show something on that soon.
It has the debut of Spider-Man. It has the introduction of Black Panther. It'll show you Wakanda for the first time. And not only that, it's the Russo bros who's behind it, so hopefully we'll get the same focused Captain America story as The Winter Soldier. Yes, Civil War is probably my most anticipated superhero movie, and I can't wait for April 27.

Debut of MCU Spidey and Black Panther, and the same thrill of seeing how Batman would fight Superman, except with two teams of heroes. Still think Cap's side is completely outmatched so I'm intrigued to see how the fights go down

Scarlet Witch can bring anyone down.

That's cool. Seems to be confirmation that Wonder Woman will be able to fly in the film.

Wonder Woman can fly?

I'm really loving these TV spots. Can't wait for this movie!

Poona

Wonder Woman can fly?

Yes, Hermes gave her the ability.

I had wondered what she'd be capable of as this is the first live action version of her apart from the old fashioned Lynda Carter version and things for her have changed and expanded so much since then.

Pachimari

Woaaaaah, I never knew Wonder Woman could fly. I seriously hope we see this in Dawn of Justice now. She probably won't be able to in her own solo movie, if it's a period piece?

Poona

Woaaaaah, I never knew Wonder Woman could fly. I seriously hope we see this in Dawn of Justice now. She probably won't be able to in her own solo movie, if it's a period piece?

I don't think the whole film will be a period piece, but even if it is, its possible she'll still have the ability there. I guess it depends the route they take with her.

Wonder Woman in New 52 did not have the ability to fly right at the start, but only later on due to one of Hermes feathers touching her, whilst previous versions of her have had Hermes blessing her with the ability from birth basically alongside all the other abilities the gods gave her.

EDIT: Just to add, she hasn't always had the ability to fly - they gave her an invisible jet instead (personally I find that a bit cringey though and too much time wasting - leave the technology to Batman).

Here am I being ashamed, because I thought Affleck said:

"He brought the war through us" and I always assumed he talked to Superman about Luthor. Oh well.

Penguin

Here am I being ashamed, because I thought Affleck said:

"He brought the war through us" and I always assumed he talked to Superman about Luthor. Oh well.
Eh but we've seen him talk to Alfred before....

The Star Wars craze is over, so it's about the right time.

Yeah, I think Star Wars threw a huge wrench into their plans which is why I think the end of last year felt so disjointed, but seems like getting their juices flowing for the home stretch.

2 more months

But gawd damnit, they better do something with the LexCorp page/site/viral marketing

https://www.lexcorp.io/#/home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom