• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

OMG
OMG

Why'd you have to point that out

*Flails*

And if wanna see pic he is referring

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/...BB0541B2-D3B5-473A-9BA2-D695232EC076.png.jpeg

So these are Parademons? Fuck yeah.

BbAc4if.gif

guek

Banned
So I guess that erases any doubt over what Justice League will be about. Cool beans, at least that gets Darkseid out into the public consciousness before Infinity War kicks off

IconGrist

So I guess that erases any doubt over what Justice League will be about. Cool beans, at least that gets Darkseid out into the public consciousness before Infinity War kicks off

Could be unrelated. Way too early to start playing that game. Especially when nothing in Suicide Squad or the Wonder Woman footage alluded to it. JL hits right after.

guek

Banned
Could be unrelated. Way too early to start playing that game. Especially when nothing in Suicide Squad or the Wonder Woman footage alluded to it. JL hits right after.

Even if Darkseid isn't the main protagonist to JL pt 1, it'd be weird with this kind of foreshadowing if he wasn't the final enemy in pt 2.

I also just realized Infinity War pt 2 and JL pt 2 release within a month of each other. That'll be a BO battle for the ages.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
To me it makes sense to start building up Darkseid in BvS. Also Wondy's movie will lead up to JL so it makes sense if that's a Wondy vision, and that's what makes her take action in BvS.

Now I can't wait for the Nightmare scene.

IconGrist

Even if Darkseid isn't the main protagonist to JL pt 1, it'd be weird with this kind of foreshadowing if he wasn't the final enemy in pt 2.

I also just realized Infinity War pt 2 and JL pt 2 release within a month of each other. That'll be a BO battle for the ages.

Those dates will likely be moved around on both ends. Even if it's just a couple of weeks.

GeeTeeCee

Batman v Superman |OT| Not sure if Thanos or Darkseid
(Probably better for Justice League)

This sudden slew of tv spots, promo shots and everything else is fantastic. I'm beginning to forget the years of having practically nothing to speculate over.

Ahasverus

Oh shit Darkseid is coming. It's cool because that leaves Brainiac for Supes2.

How thet try HARD to differentiate Darkseid from Thanos. Like, it doesn't even cross to mind that one is a rip off of the other.

IconGrist

Oh shit Darkseid is coming. It's cool because that leaves Brainiac for Supes2.

How thet try HARD to differentiate Darkseid from Thanos. Like, it doesn't even cross to mind that one is a rip off of the other.

Aside from looks (and I believe the same guy created both) they should be easy enough to differentiate. I just hope Big Barda makes an appearance and we get an awesome WonderWoman fight scene. I would lose my shit.

guek

Banned
Aside from looks (and I believe the same guy created both) they should be easy enough to differentiate. I just hope Big Barda makes an appearance and we get an awesome WonderWoman fight scene. I would lose my shit.

Nah, Jack Kirby created Darkseid and Jim Starlin created Thanos. Kirby originally pitched the New Gods to Marvel but they turned him down. After they became a hit at DC though, Starlin made Thanos whom he has admitted to being inspired directly by Darkseid.

IconGrist

Nah, Jack Kirby created Darkseid and Jim Starlin created Thanos. Kirby originally pitched the New Gods to Marvel but they turned him down. After they became a hit at DC though, Starlin made Thanos whom he has admitted to being inspired directly by Darkseid.

Ah ok. That makes more sense than just ripping off your own character, lol.

shingi70

Banned

Why would Big Barda and Wonder Woman fight? She typically escapes the furies with Scott prior too the Justice League/Earth coming in contact with apocalypse.

tim1138

Even better would be Wonder Woman and Barda against the Furies, they could rip it straight from the Batman/Superman: Apocalypse animated movie.

BadAss2961

Also in the Turkish Airlines trailer, Superman's suit is extra bright in the first Knightmare shot for some reason.

The CG's been different like 3 or 4 times in that scene between clips released.

Penguin

Though with this new info, I'm slightly more confused and intrigued by the Knightmare sequence

1)It seems to be from Batman's POV so either he knows way more than he is letting on or he is being targeted, but why Batman?
2)It doesn't seem to be a worst case scenario if Superman takes over, but just general invasion by aliens

Ahasverus

Also in the Turkish Airlines trailer, Superman's suit is extra bright in the first Knightmare shot for some reason.

The CG's been different like 3 or 4 times in that scene between clips released.
It seems there is some touch up going on. The scene of Bats watching the city was shown to have a different color palette in the lastest tv spot.

Maybe they're setting up Court of Owls...
Totally. Alan Wayne was the grand uncle killed in 1922 by the court and his tombstone can be seen at the corner right down. Death date? 1922. Snyder is such a beautiful bastard.

Though with this new info, I'm slightly more confused and intrigued by the Knightmare sequence

1)It seems to be from Batman's POV so either he knows way more than he is letting on or he is being targeted, but why Batman?
2)It doesn't seem to be a worst case scenario if Superman takes over, but just general invasion by aliens

I'm guessing
that its a premonition, most likely from Batman's perspective. And in the premonition Superman - through mind control - is a servant of Darkseid. It would feed into Bruces paranoia about Superman. But, I just can't imagine it happening to Bruce. Maybe Diana does something that lets him see this?

45F7CDAF-D69A-49D4-B06C-9CB7DA8CF6B9.jpg

Error

Honestly I was dreading this nightmare scene to be like the Krypton dud in MoS (that scene went on for far too long IMO) but if they include a lot of foreshadowing in this scene that'll be really cool.

Looking forward to it. Getting hyped guys, 2nd trailer deflated the hype a bit but these pictures are amazing. 2 months...

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Loving the take on this Alfred, Caine was amazing but I like the fact they aren't doing the same. Something different.

Psykoboy2

A friend of mine suggested it might come from something that happens in Suicide Squad with Enchantress. I'm not familiar so I'll put it out there for you guys to likely easily debunk and set me straight.

MartyStu

A friend of mine suggested it might come from something that happens in Suicide Squad with Enchantress. I'm not familiar so I'll put it out there for you guys to likely easily debunk and set me straight.

Would be an interesting way to tie the universe together.

Error

Now I understand why Marvel fans get so giddy when the MCU movies foreshadows stuff, gah those pictures are soooo good.

lhjhbB9.gif

Loxley

Yeah, the Parademons are also attacking the Super-Nazis, which strikes me as a pretty important little detail.

Error

parademons-4d768-bb92c.gif

hype hype

also from the article

"[Director] Zack [Snyder] had a great idea of this sort of nightmare-ish vision, almost a vision of the future, a post-apocalyptic vision," costume designer Michael Wilkinson said of the scene. "It's like a dream that Ben [Affleck] has, so we wanted to, it has almost a 'Mad Max' quality to it where it's like the end of the world, trying to survive."

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at the bodies on the ground, how may people did Batman knock out? The fight scenes are going to be so fucking awesome. Can't wait for that second fight with the Zimmer/Junkie music playing in the background.

Error

Zack Snyder on Wonder Woman (possible spoilers)

"It was incredibly organic how Wonder Woman came into the story," Zack Snyder tells Empire Magazine about the decision to include Wonder Woman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. "The whole concept came of, 'Let's not save anything. Let's try it all.' Then Wonder Woman's entrance made us realise we were much closer to the Justice League than we thought. We realised we were one movie away."

Regardless, the magazine then goes on to reveal that this version of Wonder Woman is over 5000 years old when we first meet her, and that she's put her superhero days behind her before unknown circumstances force the character to give up her retirement. Why though has she stopped protecting the world? "Because she's seen it all, she has seen what humans can do, so it was very hard for her to come back and fight," Gadot explains before weighing on what separates Diana Prince from Wonder Woman. "They have the same attitude. Although when she is Diana she tries to blend in, she is not too outgoing. I don't want people to think she is perfect. She can be naughty."

Executive producer Deborah Snyder meanwhile was quick to pick up on that, and shed some new light on what's in store for Wonder Woman when she makes the leap to her own solo outing next year. "Her sexuality is part of her power, but she is also a feminist icon. Gender has been a hot topic, so it is very timely to bring her back. The way we have approached it, especially in the stand alone ovie, that is definitely there. Looking back and doing an origin story - and it is a period piece - see the role of women through history. There is a great source of humour in that now. It is so unbelievable you can't even fathom it. You are still making a statement, but having some fun with it."

confirms some stuff

IconGrist

Apparently the nightmare sequence takes place in
Khandaq

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

I don't know.
Could be Apocalypse. Looks like a firepit on the right and some weird structure past that. What if Batman is there to bring Superman back? Like he's been brain washed by Darkseid and Batman is there to retrieve him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom