• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like each of them get their own covers for the standard Empire issue.

CZlAU4CUAAEm1B5.jpg

Pretty underwhelming compared to the subscribers cover.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I don't know.
Could be Apocalypse. Looks like a firepit on the right and some weird structure past that. What if Batman is there to bring Superman back? Like he's been brain washed by Darkseid and Batman is there to retrieve him.

Really doubt that is
Apokolips the buildings and stuff looks very Earth-based and not alien enough

The
Khandaq
bit was in the Empire article apparently.

It is too early to be realistic but I still hope they facially mocap Michael Ironside for Darkseid for the movies when he makes a physical appearance. WOuld be crazy if the JL movies were a semi-adaptation of Rock of Ages.

*you're getting ahead of yourself....*

I just want this in one of the movies eventually...

Ahasverus

The
Khandaq
bit was in the Empire article apparently.
Welp,the Reddit leak was from a real, early script then. It's cool because it was good, and it assumedly had a final Polish phase coming after the time of the leak as we can see from the spotted differences.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Empire makes movies look amazing in their pics, Entertainment Weekly makes them look like trash.

Loxley

Affleck's Batman is certainly more intimidating than this:

latest

Aside from his Dredd-like scowl, Bake looked great in the Batman Begins suit. The TDK suit was such a downgrade :( Honestly though I would like the TDK suit much more if that bicycle helmet of a cowl didn't look so damn dopey.

Cheers guys!

I'm surprised you don't post more of your manips here unless there is some rule against that on GAF I'm unaware of. Really great work all around.

Ha, thanks ;) Yeah I post a couple of things and some things get posted by others. Don't do it too often as GAF can be a bit cynical about fan art. Cheers though

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Bale's Batman was awesome. You people have bad opinions.

He was, though I liked his Bruce Wayne more.

Batfleck tho...just damn. Dude is knocking it out of the park as both. One day I would like to see Batfleck fighting Baleman.

10 second fight, Baleman gets rekt. Heck, he could probably take Bane from TDKR at the same time too and still fuck them up.

Loxley

Batfleck tho...just damn. Dude is knocking it out of the park as both. One day I would like to see Batfleck fighting Baleman.

10 second fight, Baleman gets rekt. Heck, he could probably take Bane from TDKR at the same time too and still fuck them up.

Batfleck looks like he would snap Baleman like a twig. Baleman's odd tendency to scream before every punch probably wouldn't help his odds, neither would his weird elbow-based fighting style.

Pachimari

Fuck I'm hyped! I don't understand if one can't be!

But Wonder Woman probably can't fly in the DCEU. I would have loved to see that. :(

Also, I think Affleck is so far the best Batman I have seen. Damn is this movie sky-rocketing to become my most anticipated superhero movie, and I'm a Marvel fan and really disliked Man of Steel. I think I'll watch Man of Steel again now.

guek

Banned

lol, you guys are getting a little ahead of yourselves considering we haven't seen more than a few minutes of this movie

Not that I think you're betting on the wrong horse though. The Nolan films had crap fight choreography and did little to display Batman's physical prowess.

IconGrist

I always get a ton of hate for this but it's been my opinion that Begins was the only good Batman movie of the 3. The other two were just good movies but bad Batman movies.

his Batman was perfect for the universe Nolan build, which was attempting to be much more grounded and realistic. He needed to be a Batman that could conceivably die at any moment for that story to work. Hell he was only Batman in that universe for a couple of years and it almost killed him. Battfleck is going to be much closer to the near-superhuman Batman interpretation you see in a lot of comics. He has to be able to credibly hold his own with Superman and Wonder Woman. Bale-man could not have done that. They each work in their own ways.

a916

Darkseid, does he feed off a person's fear? Or is that something that was made up only for Smallville? I would love if BvS played with that idea... (bare in mind I've avoided all the reddit leaks and know nothing about the story other than the official media that's been released)

Darkseid, does he feed off a person's fear? Or is that something that was made up only for Smallville? I would love if BvS played with that idea... (bare in mind I've avoided all the reddit leaks and know nothing about the story other than the official media that's been released)

It was a smallville only thing. Darkseid as originally envisioned by Jack kirby is the ultimate embodiment of tyranny. His goal is more than greed, it is absolute control. Beyond just having servants he wants all life to essentially be an extension of his being. It sucks that he's used as a physical threat more often than not because where he shines is as a manipulator preying on people's self doubts and insecurities to bend them to his will.

3634532-2757082-tumblr_mc4nwkok3l1qhwhzzo1_1280.jpg

tim1138

For all intents and purposes, Darkseid is the god of evil. He is a member of the race of New Gods and rules the planet of Apokolips, and his counterpart is Highfather of New Genesis.

It was a smallville only thing. Darkseid as originally envisioned by Jack kirby is the ultimate embodiment of tyranny. His goal is more than greed, it is absolute control. Beyond just having servants he wants all life to essentially be an extension of his being. It sucks that he's used as a physical threat more often than not because where he shines is as a manipulator preying on people's self doubts and insecurities to bend them to his will.

3634532-2757082-tumblr_mc4nwkok3l1qhwhzzo1_1280.jpg

Oh my god if we got Darkseid's Final Crisis speech...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom