• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

I like that he isn't dressed dorky, but it's not "in" either

NTNXicR.jpg

Mama said knock you out!
http://i.imgur.com/oekryMD.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

It looks pretty in to me. It's so in you don't even realize it is.

Firemind

I always disliked the "He's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now." line. Like, Batman retires and Gotham's criminals can do whatever the fuck they want? Okay, Bruce.

kmfdmpig

EDIT: Woah, didn't realise it was so big

Where's Michael Scott with his reaction when you need him?

Thank you for posting this as I had not seen how much detail was in his crest or on his armor before. Pretty cool look. It seems like a lot of the negative impressions are being replaced by more positive hype, which is nice to see. The Suicide Squad trailer as well as the new trailers this weekend helped a lot, I think.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I always disliked the "He's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now." line. Like, Batman retires and Gotham's criminals can do whatever the fuck they want? Okay, Bruce.

The Dent Act put a stop to pretty much all the organized crime, there was no need for him to continue. The GCPD was actually worth a damn in the Nolanverse and could handle things to a certain degree. He wanted to make Harvey the hero of Gotham, and not Batman. Because Harvey did everything according to the books. And he succeeded...in a way. But it came with a price, it was all based on a lie.

If that kid's parents died because of the Metropolis battle Kal-El is leaving this movie with a bat-boot up his ass.

Tbh, Clark fucked up once, maybe twice. Taking Zod from the farm to Smallville (and tbf he was angry because they threatened his mother) was his fault, but everything else was pretty much Zod and his goons. But of course Batman doesn't know that. So there is that.

Jombie

The Dent act let Gordon and the GCPD lock up all of Gotham's criminals indefinitely.

The problem is that Batman is Bruce's Frankenstein's Monster - he created it and is responsible for the repercussions of his presence in Gotham. It's completely out of character for him to hang it up or pass the cowl to some rookie cop he barely knows. Moreover, Bruce becomes Batman because he never wants what happened to him to happen to anyone else - it's the cross he bares. It's not something he should be able to walk away from so easily. I know what they were trying to do but it's not convincing and has always felt like fan fiction.

Man that desert Batman picture gives me chills. Part of me wants DC to do a movie every three years or so that's an elseworld stories. I'd like to see Red Son or Kingdom Come. I think movies like those could really elevate the genre.

Sure it'd confuse the fuck out of audiences to see a Russian Henry Cavill but whatever.

Also
Khandaq
confirmed? More chills. Feel like chances of
Black Adam
has just gone up.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't sound very Batman to me. He's active for, what, a year?

Two at most I think. But Nolan wanted to show how being Batman would actually break a man. Both physically and mentally. And like said: there was no need for him anymore. The GCPD could handle it, organized crime was wiped out thanks to the Dent Act.

The problem is that Batman is Bruce's Frankenstein's Monster - he created it and is responsible for the repercussions of his presence in Gotham. It's completely out of character for him to hang it up or pass the cowl to some rookie cop he barely knows. Moreover, Bruce becomes Batman because he never wants what happened to him to happen to anyone else - it's the cross he carries. It's not something he should be able to walk away from so easily. I know what they were trying to do but it's not convincing and has always felt like fan fiction.

Passing the cowl to some rookie cop I also did not buy. But him walking away from it was very much in-character for this version of Bruce. In TDKR, as pointed out by Alfred, he was just waiting for things to go bad again. After all the events in that movie (and his previous experiences) he also knew it was time to move on. He saved his city for one last time and left it (in his eyes) in good hands. He didn't walk away from it easily, he waited 8 years for things to go bad and jumped right in when he saw the chance. That isn't walking away easily. Also, the repercussions of his presence are probably a reason to back off.

The problem is that Batman is Bruce's Frankenstein's Monster - he created it and is responsible for the repercussions of his presence in Gotham. It's completely out of character for him to hang it up or pass the cowl to some rookie cop he barely knows. Moreover, Bruce becomes Batman because he never wants what happened to him to happen to anyone else - it's the cross he bares. It's not something he should be able to walk away from so easily. I know what they were trying to do but it's not convincing and has always felt like fan fiction.
It felt a bit out of character to me as well, but it was Nolan and Goyer's interpretation, I didn't expect them to stay 100% true to the character we see in the comics. With the Dent Act in play, he's kept the streets clean at the cost of taking the blame for his death.

Fuck I'm hyped! I don't understand if one can't be!

But Wonder Woman probably can't fly in the DCEU. I would have loved to see that. :(

Also, I think Affleck is so far the best Batman I have seen. Damn is this movie sky-rocketing to become my most anticipated superhero movie, and I'm a Marvel fan and really disliked Man of Steel. I think I'll watch Man of Steel again now.

She might be able to fly, but didn't feel like making the trip from Turkey (or wherever) to Gotham. After all, it's still a long trip, it'd be cold, no little cocktails...

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Well, WW certainly got taste. Turkish Airlines is great, business class too it seems.

Also:

CZlZd-hWEAAmcYl.jpg:large

his Batman was perfect for the universe Nolan build, which was attempting to be much more grounded and realistic. He needed to be a Batman that could conceivably die at any moment for that story to work. Hell he was only Batman in that universe for a couple of years and it almost killed him. Battfleck is going to be much closer to the near-superhuman Batman interpretation you see in a lot of comics. He has to be able to credibly hold his own with Superman and Wonder Woman. Bale-man could not have done that. They each work in their own ways.

My thoughts exactly. People always joke that Batman's "superpower" is money but to me its that he's incredibly good at everything. Nolan's version worked for what he wanted to do but would never work when you throw him into a world with superpowers. His Batman was really just an incredibly fit human being.

What I REALLY want to see in BvS is some kick ass fight scenes with Batman. Snyder pls.

IconGrist

Well, WW certainly got taste. Turkish Airlines is great, business class too it seems.

Also:

CZlZd-hWEAAmcYl.jpg:large

I wonder what she would say if I told her a girl friend of mine thinks Batman is lame and if she's not wearing a Superman shirt she's in his colors. She's super devoted to Mr. El.

Is it bad that I want Justice League to be them teaming up against the Rock as Black Adam?

I know he's supposed to be in Shazam or whatever...but what is that movie slated? That's not really coming, is it?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Is it bad that I want Justice League to be them teaming up against the Rock as Black Adam?

I know he's supposed to be in Shazam or whatever...but what is that movie slated? That's not really coming, is it?

Honestly I think he is going to be the JL Part 1 villain.

Who would make a good Catwoman?

jennifer-lopez-01-320.jpg

:)

Rock is always talking up a redemption arc which usually involves more than one movie. I think it's certainly possible. Maybe Rock wanted to jump on that DCEU wagon earlier and that's why he went with Black Adam.

The whole problem with that is how they would incorporate him into the story, cyborg's origin is linked to Darkseid's invasion, and we're getting signs of Darkseid already. He needs a partner and his options are limited but I'm sure they could find a way. Maybe he cut a deal with Darkseid to prevent him from attacking Earth back during ancient egypt. Works as Darkseid's champion alongside his furies and parademons.

We should find out really soon if they spot him on set for JL filming.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I fucking love this guy.

Talking a lot of shit for a guy who got his ass whooped by a semi-broken Batman. Don't think he saw Batfleck.

Batman-v-Superman-Trailer-Affleck-Batsuit.jpg

This Batman would break Bane's back and probably every bone in his body.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Love to see this thread moving so quickly and love the new pics coming out. So close guys!

That TV spot #4 with Ben singlehandedly earsed any doubt I might have had about this film. It was that good.

a916

That Zimmer/Junkie XL score in the Turkish Airlines video... oh god.

Love to see this thread moving so quickly and love the new pics coming out. So close guys!

That TV spot #4 with Ben singlehandedly earsed any doubt I might have had about this film. It was that good.

Should've just announced the Batman Affleck deal right there lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom