• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

The heck with Batman vs. Superman, this is a fight that would be interesting to watch:

eyx18D9.jpg

I love Ryan Ottley so much. I would lose my shit if he ever took a shot at a Superman book.

I want to see new blood in the Batman movies, but it would be great if they could mix with some old blood as well. I like how they're using croc in suicide squad. I think there's enough pop culture status with Batman villains that they could make small cameos in movies and people would enjoy it. Just having a movie open with Batman throwing two face in jail would be awesome, he doesn't have to be the main plot, he's just there to show that there's a greater universe at work.

You could also weave penguin and deathstroke pretty easy into a court of owls movie. They're both motivated by money, which is what the owls have in spades.

Have Flash bust a weapons deal between Mr. Freeze and Captain Cold. It could totally work.

That knightmare image looks like darkseid terraforming earth, similar to the earth-2 storyline in new 52. He makes fire pits on earth.

Penguin

Who is Jor-el? The father of Superman? And who is Jason Todd? Another Robin?

Oh Mad....

We have so much to teach you

yes, Jor-El is Kal's biological dad

Jason Todd is the second Robin, who was beaten to death by the Joker and returns as Red Hood

And here's the HQ version of the Batman cover
CZqVkGaWkAEBXkP.jpg

Superman
CZqWCBmWAAEkA2s.jpg:large

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Who is Jor-el? The father of Superman? And who is Jason Todd? Another Robin?

Yep. Jason Todd was the second Robin, first was Dick Grayson who now is Nightwing. Jason Todd also goes by Red Hood now and is part of the bat-family along with Nightwing and Tim Drake (another Robin), Batgirl, Batwoman and others.

Pachimari

And Red Hood is who Arsenal in Arrow (TV show) is supposed to be right? If they are teasing Jason Todd in BvS, is there a chance that Nightwing is already around kicking ass in the DCEU?

Penguin

And Red Hood is who Arsenal in Arrow (TV show) is supposed to be right? If they are teasing Jason Todd in BvS, is there a chance that Nightwing is already around kicking ass in the DCEU?

No Arsenal is Red Arrow, who is Green Arrow's former sidekick.

Who has a pretty messed up background as well haha

This.

though i really want to see Ivy in this series and fer her to go the same direction as Arkham Knight.

I think Ivy would be prime material for squad 2.

Now I kinda want to think of squad 2 lineups.

-Bronze Tiger (replaces Flag as leader), alternatively Deathstroke
-Harley
-Deadshot
-Boomer
-Ivy
-Vertigo
-King Shark

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

A lot of people speculate that Scott Eastwood is actually Dick Grayson undercover working for Batman and is already Nightwing.

Nope, Red Hood and Arsenal are different characters.

RH0002.jpg

Red Hood.

Arsenal looks similar to what he did in Arrow.

Nah, Arsenal is Arsenal. Pre new 52, he was Green Arrow's sidekick Speedy before he got hooked on... I think heroin? During the 80s. Gave us that crazy "my ward is a junkie!" cover, which was actually a really big deal at the time. One of the first times comics had really tackled stuff like that.

Anyway, he went through a lot of shit and ended up Arsenal. Only change in the new 52 was that he went from support guy straight to Arsenal without ever really being a sidekick.

What is this?

Why did that boy shoryuken Superman's insides out?

It's the character invincible, from the comic from the same name by Robert Kirkman. Essentially a teenager growing up with Superman-esque powers.

The series does not shy away from the brutality that comes from superman level characters trying to kill each other, thanks in no small part to Ryan ottley's fantastic artwork.

guek

Banned
The heck with Batman vs. Superman, this is a fight that would be interesting to watch:

I love Ryan Ottley so much. I would lose my shit if he ever took a shot at a Superman book.

lol, Ottley has done a few fun commissions showing a Viltrumite knocking around Superman but in truth, I don't think there's any version of the character apart from Superman:TAS that wouldn't wreck Invincible.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
wtf did they do to Cavill on the cover of the new Empire mag. Looks almost like he's Bizarro.

Verendus

Banned
It's the character invincible, from the comic from the same name by Robert Kirkman. Essentially a teenager growing up with Superman-esque powers.

The series does not shy away from the brutality that comes from superman level characters trying to kill each other, thanks in no small part to Ryan ottley's fantastic artwork.
So that's not something that actually happens then?

Pachimari

I can't see the Superman cover. I had also never heard of Bizarro until this thread, and now he's showing up in the Supergirl TV show as well I heard.

Interesting with this Red Hood guy. So I assume the Robin in the old Batman movie is in fact Dick Grayson. I should rewatch that one.

What is most likely, that Scott Eastwood turns out to be Slade Wilson or Dick Grayson?

Penguin

I can't see the Superman cover. I had also never heard of Bizarro until this thread, and now he's showing up in the Supergirl TV show as well I heard.

Interesting with this Red Hood guy. So I assume the Robin in the old Batman movie is in fact Dick Grayson. I should rewatch that one.

I would... and know avoiding animation... watch Batman Under the Red Hood

top-notch

And gives you the backstory need in 70 mins

Ahasverus

Yep he is, he's the most well known because he was the original. THe death of Jason Todd is a pivotal moment for Batman that almost no episodic medium dared to adapt, which is a shame, because it's one of those character building moments for him. SO GLAD this movie comes after hero batman, and just in the avengeful vigilante time. The animated film "Under The Red Hood" does it very well.

Verendus

Banned
"You're gonna go to war?"

This phrase seems like something I can integrate into my daily lexicon. Alfred is already providing the goods.

guek

Banned
I read... 125... the weird reboot

And haven't followed up beyond that

How has that been working out?

The "reboot" turned out to be a cheap way to have a
time skip when he gets back to the future.

It's ok, but like I said, it's lost steam since around issue 100. The series feels a aimless now.

BadAss2961

I want an original Batman story.
We pretty much just got 3 of them.

I know it's getting overplayed a bit between the animated movie and Arkham Knight, but I wouldn't mind more Red Hood since i'm just waiting for the Bat Family to be confirmed already. It's a worldbuilding first solo and a good story to adapt to the big screen. BvS is already teasing it.

effzee

CZqVkGaWkAEBXkP.jpg

Superman

I know I might in the minority here but give me the Bale/Nolan Batsuit all day any day everday.

Affleck just looks goofy, fat, and stuffed. I know this Batman is going to move better, fight better, and the action is going to be 10x the action we got from Nolan simply due to the nature of the story and larger universe.

And this might turn out to be the best Batman on screen, but from pics and limited footage so far Batman looks terrible. Ears needed to be bigger and somehow they needed to make it so Affleck doesn't look like a fat dude trying real hard.

Alienous

I know I might in the minority here but give me the Bale/Nolan Batsuit all day any day everday.

Affleck just looks goofy, fat, and stuffed. I know this Batman is going to move better, fight better, and the action is going to be 10x the action we got from Nolan simply due to the nature of the story and larger universe.

And this might turn out to be the best Batman on screen, but from pics and limited footage so far Batman looks terrible. Ears needed to be bigger and somehow they needed to make it so Affleck doesn't look like a fat dude trying real hard.

batsuitstripped.jpg

Blame Ben.

Alienous

I don't actually mind how he looks for an older Batman. The idea that he builds muscle and becomes more of brute and less of a ninja makes sense to me.

But I'd love to get a flashback where he's wearing the suit like the mannequins do. That would be the definitive on-screen Batman.

strafer

Bigger ears means it will look like something out of the Arkham games which I hated.

Short ears is the way to go.

latest

Oh Mad....

We have so much to teach you

yes, Jor-El is Kal's biological dad

Jason Todd is the second Robin, who was beaten to death by the Joker and returns as Red Hood

CZqVkGaWkAEBXkP.jpg

Superman

The Superman one doesn't show.

effzee

Bigger ears means it will look like something out of the Arkham games which I hated.

Short ears is the way to go.

latest

There is in between for the ears. I thought the Nolan movies had the ears/cowl right even if the suit itself in TDK and TDKR looked to busy.

Its probably just Affleck making it look bad.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
There is in between for the ears. I thought the Nolan movies had the ears/cowl right even if the suit itself in TDK and TDKR looked to busy.

Its probably just Affleck making it look bad.

Euhm, how does that have anything to do with Affleck? If you don't like the size of the ears on this Batsuit, it shouldn't matter who's wearing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom