• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

Intimidation.
I thought this was America.

Let's be honest, if you're holding a gun, would you really be afraid of some dude in a bat costume?

Likewise, If you were Batman, would you really take the chance of triggerhappy Americans not pulling the trigger or having piss poor aim?

I thought this was America.

Let's be honest, if you're holding a gun, would you really be afraid of some dude in a bat costume?

Likewise, If you were Batman, would you really take the chance of triggerhappy Americans not pulling the trigger or having piss poor aim?

That kinda depends. They were playing up the "duel of wills" thing earlier in the comic, with Batman just freezing them up with sheer force of will, like not-psychic mind control. Like staring down a big cat.

Besides, costume's probably mostly bulletproof.

Effect

Hmmm...so Batman becomes meaner after Metropolis. I can dig it.
Maybe he's just trying to get Supes attention.
Looks like it was a steady progression over time. Where he wold in the beginning disarm and leave people for the police. You'd never see him going by the chapter. Then the beatings got worse and worse. I imagine the death of a Robin would play a role in that unless that is what made him stop and then when he came back he was much more intense then ever before.

What I'm curious about is what is his interaction with the police. Do they work with him openly? Tasked with capturing him but like in the Nolan films only pay lip service to that because they know he's helping and work with him (be there a Gordon or not)? Or open fire on him on sight.

My side hath been chosen.

mvQFa75.png

Just because Batman is the underdog, doesn't mean he's who you root for. Batman is Clubber Lang, not Rocky Balboa. Watch him show up at the Superman statue shouting "Hey woman!" at Lois.

IconGrist

Also, in the Empire interview it looks like Cavill may have spoiled who win the fight.

You have been warned. ->
Sorry, INST.

If you'd rather read what was said it can be found at comicbookmovie.com I'd post the link but the spoiler is in the headline.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I like that Bats seems to hurt Supes in the fight (he has blood in his mouth), he definitely sounded arrogant when he gave that threat to Bats. You don't fuck with Bats, Superman.

I'm definitely team Batman.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Also, in the Empire interview it looks like Cavill may have spoiled who win the fight.

You have been warned. ->
Sorry, INST.

If you'd rather read what was said it can be found at comicbookmovie.com I'd post the link but the spoiler is in the headline.

Pff, Batfleck hit him so hard the Baldman doesn't know what he is saying.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I think Batman is just the epitome is cool, as much as I like Spider-Man's design (to me one of the best designs of all time easily) The whole Bat motif with Batman, how he fights, his motivations, his villains, the city he operates in, the other characters that revolve around him, the stories... Just perfect.

Superman is great, don't get me wrong. I like the idea of dealing with the consequences of him showing up on Earth like this movie is doing, but Batman man...

You look at the pic and just think, this is just cool and badass.

A nebulous Superman or Batman query is another discussion entirely. I lean more Batman there. But In BvS, Batman starts out in a bad place. The film presents both characters with meaningful motivation to go after the other. Superman wants to stop a deranged vigilante from branding and crippling criminals. Batman is operating under the fear that Superman may turn evil in the future and wants to preemptively destroy him. Look at it this way, Alfred sides with Superman.

Superman would win, it's just he doesn't want to kill the guy as he said in the trailer and comics

But team batman all day. Looks to be the scene stealer in this film as well

And tbh all this shit ropeguy from suicide squad is getting online I'm really really hoping he lives to the end (mad unlikely but lets hope)

If only for diversity's sake, it's fantastic that we have an aboriginal actor in a major blockbuster. that's great. unheard of in a comic book film too.

And tbh all this shit ropeguy from suicide squad is getting online I'm really really hoping he lives to the end (mad unlikely but lets hope)

If only for diversity's sake, it's fantastic that we have an aboriginal actor in a major blockbuster. that's great. unheard of in a comic book film too.

I'm sorry, but it's not shade. He's dead as fuck. There is no way Slipknot survives this movie.

I'll stake my avatar on it.

yeah for sure. the squad needs jobbers to show amanda waller is willing to kill but damn man...first native guy in a comic book movie. would be nice to have him survive.

surprisingly enough as awesome as joker looked i think boomerang stole that trailer for me. perhaps courtney might actually be decent now that he gets to be aussie finally.

A nebulous Superman or Batman query is another discussion entirely. I lean more Batman there. But In BvS, Batman starts out in a bad place. The film presents both characters with meaningful motivation to go after the other. Superman wants to stop a deranged vigilante from branding and crippling criminals. Batman is operating under the fear that Superman may turn evil in the future and wants to preemptively destroy him. Look at it this way, Alfred sides with Superman.

Yeah this Batman is looking deranged. Some people like that element of him having a few screws loose but I like my Batman sane and friendly, using fear to scare criminals but never taking pleasure from it.

I think it would be fun to have a tally of what side everyone is on, in the official BvS OT. Personally, if I had to choose someone other than my precious Slipknot, my vote would go to Supes. Mainly because of the "OMG SUPES SHOULD HAVE LET EVERYONE DIE, HE"S NO HERO!!!" argument annoys me to death and Fatleck seems to be in that camp, at least from what I gather in the trailer.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah this Batman is looking deranged. Some people like that element of him having a few screws loose but I like my Batman sane and friendly, using fear to scare criminals but never taking pleasure from it.

What, not laugh while branding fools? That ain't right.

Firemind

You basically summed up my thoughts of why I don't like Mask of the Phantasm.

GeeTeeCee

While my favourite Batman is Grant Morrison's "zen warrior" style Batman, I admit I do have a soft spot for the more brutal, "this is an operating table, and I'm the surgeon" style Bats - but not all the time.

Anyway, #TeamBatman

A mortal man choosing to fight crime gets more respect from me than an alien with the powers of a god.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom