• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimiNutz

Banned
So, again, a fight between the two is implied so I have a question for you all.

Which happens: Batman huge buff or Superman huge nerf?

Just how weak does Superman get when near Kryptonite? Like if Batman is carrying Kryptonite on him does Superman become as weak as a regular Human? Can he still fly, heat vision, cold breath etc. Or does he lose all of those powers?

Betty

Banned
They will never fight against each other. Physically at least.

Course they will, that's half the reason people will pay to see this. The other half being to see Batman. Here's my
meh
take.

Superman will treat Batman like he's made of paper, he won't even see him as a threat, but Batman will get the upper hand with gadgets/ninja shit, whatever.

Then Supes will get super pissed, turn the tables and lift Batman up by the collar one handed and yell "enough!" At which point Batman will mention if this is how he killed Zod, or something about Zod anyway, which will rob Superman of all his aggression at that moment and make him feel some self doubt and guilt, causing him to let Batman go, turn to leave, and order the Dark Knight to stop his vigilantism or he'll stop him instead.

Bats will quip back something clever, maybe Clark's name, and by the time Supes turns around, Batman will have disappeared.

Or maybe they'll have a big finale like Returns and slap Batman in a power suit.

IconGrist

Just how weak does Superman get when near Kryptonite? Like if Batman is carrying Kryptonite on him does Superman become as weak as a regular Human? Can he still fly, heat vision, cold breath etc. Or does he lose all of those powers?

No way to tell. Kryptonite has not been introduced in the MoS universe. All we know is being in Krypton's atmosphere robs him of his powers. He adapted to it within the movie so as far as anybody knows changing the atmospheric conditions to Krypton's will take his powers but not actually hurt him outright. A case can be argued Kryptonite would have the same painless affect.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo

Easy.

Wonder Woman holds Superman's arms back, Batman punches him in the face, shatters his wrist, and then dies.

ReiGun

...from a broken wrist?

Clearly, he meant that Batman's whole hand will explode off his wrist and he'll bleed out.

Whatever. I just plain dislike the idea that Superman and Batman fighting against each other rather than working together. It was the only thing I don't like about TDKReturns.
Tbh, I think the "Superman vs Batman" thing was a one time use idea, because it was pretty much only effective in that story and has had diminishing returns ever since outside of a few cases.

Didn't snyder say no kryptonite in this universe?

If there is any confrontation it probably won't be physical, unless he has a way to weaken superman. He'll probably outwit him or put him in a situation he doesn't have an easy answer for, demonstrating the need for them to pair up.

edit: Nvm looks like he went back on that with that article you linked. Kryptonite will probably be involved somehow.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Batman/Bruce Wayne will get Kryptonite from Lex Luthor, which he will then use to beat the crap out of Superman until either Superman regains his bearings or Batman realizes he's being played. I'd bet on the latter happening, really. Then you let the audience know that someone COULD stop Superman if they really wanted, but he's a good guy.
The how the Superman vs. Batman fight works. It's David vs. Goliath.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Batman/Bruce Wayne will get Kryptonite from Lex Luthor, which he will then use to beat the crap out of Superman until either Superman regains his bearings or Batman realizes he's being played. I'd bet on the latter happening, really. Then you let the audience know that someone COULD stop Superman if they really wanted, but he's a good guy.
The how the Superman vs. Batman fight works. It's David vs. Goliath.

I don't think batman will get played by luther, that seems uncharacteristic. I do think batman will see him as a killer and a threat after he sees how much destruction he's caused in metropolis. This batman is suppose to be older and more experienced, I think a younger one could get strung along.

Psykoboy2

I kinda want some nods to Elfman's and his own's (lol) scores this time around. A la "The lone ranger". Stop with the pride, Zimmer.

The Lone Ranger is just the finale of the William Tell Overture - a public domain piece that he could use as he pleased with no restrictions or usage fees.

BadAss2961

Like in most stories where he's fighting against or alongside super powers, Batman will be buffed. His knowledge, gadgets, and limitless resources can be all he needs to give Superman a hard time.

From what I remember hearing, Snyder might not want to use kryptonite as we know it. Its equivalent in this universe could possibly even be something Wayne Industries or Batman developed, which then falls into Luthor's hands.

Justice League style,
slight buffs all around for Batman.

intelligence and tactics ++
resources(gadgets, kryptonite, batwing, etc) ++
speed +
strength +

My guess is that they will start the movie out with Batman being a thorn in Superman's side, like a nuisance that gets in his way, before they end up fighting side by side against some greater threat. I can't imagine they will have a straight up fight between the two like Zod/Supes in MoS.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Maybe Batman will some type of Hulk-Buster armor? Covered in Kryptonite of course.

You mean:

A8toE6B.jpg
?

Dram

Yeah that's it. They said they were drawing influence from the Dark Knight Returns, so it'll probably be in the movie. I can't remember what the armor was called though.

Maddocks

I do hope his superman busting armor is just zods armor that was left behind, he did kind of just toss it on the ground and left it there. Bruce gets his hands on it, and customizes it a bit and bam.

I do hope his superman busting armor is just zods armor that was left behind, he did kind of just toss it on the ground and left it there. Bruce gets his hands on it, and customizes it a bit and bam.

Was there any indication that the armor carried any superhuman power or strength?

I hope he has some kind of layer beneath the armor to absorb impacts. The armor may be indestructible, but so was the person in it. A human wearing Zod's armor would get splattered in a single punch.

IIRC, the building belongs to Lex Corp, so I think that Lex's ppl must've collected the armor. Or better yet, Superman did not forget about the armor at all and hid it somewhere.

.GqueB.

Banned
Was there any indication that the armor carried any superhuman power or strength?
At the very least it was extremely durable. Took multiple hits from Superman and didn't show much damage. Protected them pretty well outside of the last missile blast that knocked out my boo.

Heh. That shit at the end regarding Sucker Punch was entertaining to read. It felt like "Shit - YOU GET ME. Dude, send me that blog you were talking about. Did I tell you there's a cut that the studio didn't get to fuck with? We're talking about putting that out. It's gonna be fucking awesome. They said the movie was all eye-candy but... Dude, seriously, send me those blogs you saw. I wanna see those."

Heh. That shit at the end regarding Sucker Punch was entertaining to read. It felt like "Shit - YOU GET ME. Dude, send me that blog you were talking about. Did I tell you there's a cut that the studio didn't get to fuck with? We're talking about putting that out. It's gonna be fucking awesome. They said the movie was all eye-candy but... Dude, seriously, send me those blogs you saw. I wanna see those."
Yeah seriously. I thought it was pretty funny.

Might as well bring it back to this.

zack_snyder_tribute__full_filmography__by_mewax42-d6cdnp6.jpg

Dead

well not really...yet
Re: that interview, I really hope Snyder isn't bullshitting about hopefully putting out that special edition of sucker punch. I still want to see that original musical ending lol.

JimiNutz

Banned
No way to tell. Kryptonite has not been introduced in the MoS universe. All we know is being in Krypton's atmosphere robs him of his powers. He adapted to it within the movie so as far as anybody knows changing the atmospheric conditions to Krypton's will take his powers but not actually hurt him outright. A case can be argued Kryptonite would have the same painless affect.

Superman without powers gets absolutely smashed by Batman.
They'll have to make it so that his powers are just reduced otherwise won't be a fair fight...

Haha

monome

Batman vs Superman fight scene should be a computerized scenario running on the Batcomputer. and the movie's first scene.

Supes vs Bats in "real life" always requires a twisted and overdone plot.

Re: that interview, I really hope Snyder isn't bullshitting about hopefully putting out that special edition of sucker punch. I still want to see that original musical ending lol.

I remember dude saying that he didn't release it 'cuz the fx wasn't finished. It would be nice if he somehow get it released in the future.

Grym

I'm not sure if this has been posted since I haven't been following this thread closely lately. But they released some Extra casting call info:

http://blogs.woodtv.com/2014/04/18/casting-call-batman-vs-superman-in-troy-mi/

http://www.michiganfilmoffice.org/Jobs-and-Training/Cast-Opportunities/Default.aspx?id=13343

Warner Bros. Feature Film Extras Casting
WARNER BROS. FEATURE FILM EXTRAS CASTING

This specific casting call is for clean cut military and law
enforcement types and business executives in suits
over 18 yrs., male and female.

NO COSTUMES PLEASE!

MUST be available to work in Detroit area locations, week days, either
inside or outside, anytime between June-November 2014.

Photos will be taken at no charge, please bring a pen for application &
absolutely, NO KIDS at casting call. If you’d like to submit kids ages 9-15, please
bring small current school type picture.

Sunday, April 27, 2014
11:00 am -3:00 pm
(Last person MUST be in line by 3 pm before line cuts off!)
Please no early line ups & NO PHONE CALLS!!

Somerset Inn/North Entrance
2601 W. Big Beaver Road, Troy, MI 48084

Park in lot along Big Beaver Rd., enter North side
Please do not disturb this business and NO PHONE CALLS!!

Slightly off-topic, but one of the Superman Returns concept artists just recently shared a bunch of beautiful illustrations he did for the film:

http://filmsketchr.blogspot.com/2014/04/absolutely-stunning-superman-returns.html

What's most surprising is just how accurately the film recreated a lot of those pieces; SR remains one of the prettiest super hero movies ever.

The sets on SR looked so fake and overly designed. In fact everything was over designed, re: kiss curl.
For a film supposed to be semi connected to the Donner films they did a pretty lame job of matching up the visuals. Also the yellow hued colour palette was so unappealing.

I'm not sure if this has been posted since I haven't been following this thread closely lately. But they released some Extra casting call info:

http://blogs.woodtv.com/2014/04/18/casting-call-batman-vs-superman-in-troy-mi/

http://www.michiganfilmoffice.org/Jobs-and-Training/Cast-Opportunities/Default.aspx?id=13343

I posted this earlier, as Detroit is only 30 minutes away from me. I'm not really fit for the description so I'm not going to the casting call, but I'm definately gonna try to visit the set once they start filming down here.

just a few months ago they were filming transformers 4 in Detroit from some of the scenes that take place in China. I got to to see the set but unfortunately not when they were filming, which my friend did manage to film.

Grym

I posted this earlier, as Detroit is only 30 minutes away from me. I'm not really fit for the description so I'm not going to the casting call, but I'm definately gonna try to visit the set once they start filming down here.

just a few months ago they were filming transformers 4 I'm Detroit from some of the scenes that take place in China. I got to to see the set but unfortunately not when they were filming, which my friend did manage to film.

Ahh. I figured. My bad. It's exciting that filming is getting close. I look forward to some on location set leaks and images

Ahh. I figured. My bad. It's exciting that filming is getting close. I look forward to some on location set leaks and images

yeeeeee i'll hopefully get some. i've never even seen a famous person in real life before, so i'm pretty fucking excited they're coming so close to home

Just finished reading first arc of batman. Court of Owls needs a film adaption. Batman going through the maze so good.

If this movie ends up being great, they should definitely look into adapting the Court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom