• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't sound like he did:

“I don’t do push-ups,” snorts Cavill, who prefers three hours a day in the on-site gym to maintain his Super-physique. “Zack does lots of push-ups on set, though. He’s started a push-up cult.”

I like that Cavill's protective of his character, but I guarantee you Zack's read more comic books- Superman included- than Cavill. A lot of times Superman fans lose sight of the bigger picture and demand more for Superman at the expense of the whole shared universe.

I just want some of that charisma from UNCLE to leak over into his Supes. I think Cavill is a good actor but he didn't get much range in MoS, which could be from either Zack's direction or Goyer's script.

I think Snyder's idea of Superman is more stoic, like Kingdom Come. What I want is something like Loeb's Batman/Superman kind of relatipnship by the end of the movie. I'll be disappointed if there isn't a handshake and a beginning of a friendship.

I have no idea why so many casuals feel that Batman & Superman hate each other. They're really good friends, probably the strongest partnership in the league besides Hal & Barry, or Hal & Olliver.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I just want some of that charisma from UNCLE to leak over into his Supes. I think Cavill is a good actor but he didn't get much range in MoS, which could be from either Zack's direction or Goyer's script.

I think Snyder's idea of Superman is more stoic, like Kingdom Come. What I want is something like Loeb's Batman/Superman kind of relatipnship by the end of the movie. I'll be disappointed if there isn't a handshake and a beginning of a friendship.

I have no idea why so many casuals feel that Batman & Superman hate each other. They're really good friends, probably the strongest partnership in the league besides Hal & Barry, or Hal & Olliver.

Meh, I put Cavill in the same tier as the Marvel Chrisses. Nice to look at, shitty actors but just fine in their roles. Don't expect much range or depth from them. And that is fine by me, it's mostly the supporting cast that has to bring something great to these cbm's.

If the movie is good, I'll wat it every day for a week.

If it's okay-good, like MoS, I will watch this 3 or 4 times the week it comes out.

If it's bad, I'll watch it twice.

IconGrist

I saw Man of Steel 5 times. If BvS is as good or better I will do the same. If it sucks I will see it twice. The second viewing will be only to confirm it sucks.

Then I will later be found dead. Dehydration. From all the crying.

I'll only rewatch movies if there's a friend or relative that wants to go see it. I saw TFA twice and that's the last movie I can think of that I've seen more than once in theaters.

Probably watch deadpool this week, I don't really care for the humor but my brother wants to see it. I usually end up seeing all the big blockbuster films one way or another from someone wanting to go see them.

Meh, I put Cavill in the same tier as the Marvel Chrisses. Nice to look at, shitty actors but just fine in their roles. Don't expect much range or depth from them. And that is fine by me, it's mostly the supporting cast that has to bring something great to these cbm's.

Yeah I don't really consider super heroes a particularly tough role to play, it's more based on looks than anything else.

Should I ever receive the early screening ticket, I bet I'll watch it twice regardless of quality. To see it 2D, as I'm convinced screenings will be 3D, and the misguided compulsion to buy a ticket.

Brolin was my top pick to be Batman, but I was fine with Affleck when they announced him.

Brolin is ideal for a 1:1 TDKReturns.

Regardless of actor, going with an old Batman is shaping up to be the wisest idea. Casting a well established actor has or had its own part in accepting a new Batman this quick.

Penguin

Wanted to correct some misinformation. Scoot McNairy DOES NOT play Jimmy Olsen in BATMAN V SUPERMAN. We find out next month who he plays.

https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/694256622244245505

Comic book stores will be receiving batches of the Superman/Batman #1 from 2003 by Jeph Loeb and Ed McGuinness in time for the release of Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice.

STL004294.jpg

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02...perman/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Like for free?

That's cool. Loeb's run nailed the partnership perfect for me. Hopefully this is reflected in the movies, it speaks volumes they didn't hand out free issues of them fighting instead.

I think it's like $20 for both TPB on instocktrades.

Looks like it's Lego Star Wars... Snooze.

Yeah it's looking like that but one poster denies it, unsure if he actually has sources or just refuses to believe it lmao.

Oh well, hopefully we get some rebirth news this week. We'reless than 2 months away, jealous of you all who got the imax passes.

DaveH

I hope it's Injustice 2, but we will see tomorrow I guess.
That wouldn't be two brands, but I'd wish for the same thing but with a Batman versus Superman (not the movie) spin... one half of the roster Batman franchise characters and the other half of the roster Superman franchise characters.

Not happening, but I can dream!

Platy

That wouldn't be two brands, but I'd wish for the same thing but with a Batman versus Superman (not the movie) spin... one half of the roster Batman franchise characters and the other half of the roster Superman franchise characters.

Not happening, but I can dream!

I can't see lots of Superman characters that could be used in a fighting game before you start going for people like that Mxplzit =P

Also, Wonder Woman !

Really should save my IJ2 ideal roster.

really I would just cut a lot of Batman characters, add Beastboy, Jaime, Fate, Darkseid, Firestorm, Atrocitus, Larfleeze, Grodd.

For females I think Star Sapphire, Mera, Starfire, Element Woman, Black Canary & Vixen would be fun. I'd prefer Cheetah over Catwoman as well.

For Superman characters, I think Parasite as a Shang Tsung type character could work.

Would cut: Batgirl, Catwoman, Ares, Bane, Doomsday, Hawkgirl, Killer frost, Grundy, Lobo, Zod, Scorpion, Harley if I could get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom