• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psykoboy2

Oh, ok so I'm assuming this is scheduled for March then because they said that they're skipping the Super Bowl.

Could be in conjunction with multiple partners. Doritos, Dr. Pepper....others?

A quick snippet and a link to go see the full version. No way in hell they bought enough ad time to run a 2 minute trailer during the damn Super Bowl.

1/4 scale (~19 inch) Batman figure from Neca: http://necaonline.com/55160/product...awn-of-justice-14-scale-action-figure-batman/
ySZEWPX.jpg

bO1owI3.jpg
v39Oew7.jpg
UJZrb8M.jpg
qmhBqX8.jpg
86W6hvg.jpg
CCARFxt.jpg

watershed

Banned
That Neca figure looks pretty good in close ups but the full body shots look odd. I noticed the same thing with the Hot Toys BvS Batman. Maybe there's something about the suit that doesn't work as a figure?

obin_gam

It's okay if I say here that the Batman Barbie (Batman Ken? I'm not sure of the nomenclature) looks horrible, right? Because the Batman Barbie looks horrible. I mean, I get that there are limitations on mass production doll clothing, but COME ON what where they thinking with that cowl? It's like it was made for a larger doll; his neck is thicker than his thighs! And the face! The face looks like the conversation went "jaw's done, chin's done, nobody's gonna see the rest, that's lunch everybody!"

vrqdQf5.jpg

With the cowl it looks laughable, but the head sculpt itself does Afflect perfectly.

duckroll

What I hate about Landis is that he thinks he's someone, yet he's the clearest case of failed nepotism. Talentless hack wannabe critic.

Personally I don't have any issue with someone talking about something they want to talk about on their personal Twitter account.

The real question is, which of the following are worse:

a) The worthless sites which mine personal social media accounts of people working in the industry to create headlines on a slow news day drawing attention to stuff which is usually just directed to the followers of those accounts.

b) The foolish mindless fans who read said sites and then happily link to such articles because they can't help but pass along any bit of information about whatever thing they are obsessing over 24/7 at this particular time.

c) The self-righteous keyboard warriors on forums who on seeing people link to said articles feel the crusading need to tell everyone how they feel someone who is getting more attention than they are is a talentless hack or whatever.

:)

It's kind of weird to hear Landis criticze Snyder's take on Superman as being violent when his take overtly threatened to kill Joker.

Like I said in the other thread, there's no "true" version of Superman (so I agree with Landis on that part) but I also agree with Zack's overall sentiment that he's more inline with John Byrne's Superman (arguably the most used comic verison of Superman, featured in pre-flashpoint) than Donner's Superman (aka movie Superman or Silver Age superman).

Penguin

Personally I don't have any issue with someone talking about something they want to talk about on their personal Twitter account.

The real question is, which of the following are worse:

a) The worthless sites which mine personal social media accounts of people working in the industry to create headlines on a slow news day drawing attention to stuff which is usually just directed to the followers of those accounts.

b) The foolish mindless fans who read said sites and then happily link to such articles because they can't help but pass along any bit of information about whatever thing they are obsessing over 24/7 at this particular time.

c) The self-righteous keyboard warriors on forums who on seeing people link to said articles feel the crusading need to tell everyone how they feel someone who is getting more attention than they are is a talentless hack or whatever.

A
B
C
In those orders! :p

But seriously, nerd-culture is getting to a point where everyone fights with passion and emotion. Not logic or rationale.

I have my problems with articles, but I purposely try not to link to them because it only helps them to be justified in their behavior.

And also okay with someone stating their opinion, but not sure why tweets are ever news worthy.

Heck, I don't get why most things are "news worthy" anymore. We're just a lazy culture of anger and fear.

Ahasverus

He is though. The article is ok, but some of his critiques, or his pitch for a Superman movie are laughable. At least Jaden Smith is campaigning for gender identity or whatever, this guy has written two mediocre comics, a niche semi hit and lots of very bad screenplays, yet he talks like he's Sam Raimi or something. It's very annoying seeing armchair critics devoid of value criticizing someone's efforts for the more aisnine reasons. Am I going to take seirously the critique from the writer of Victor Franlenstein? Hell no.

DC All Access has a Top 10 Lex Moments

The title makes it seem like when he is at his most dastardly, but a portion is his heroic deeds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNvgOkuhmFM

Speaking of, I recently bought Luthor: Man of Steel and can't wait to read it. Finished collecting John's Action Comics trades + Secret Origins so I want to plow through that as well.

I already own most of Superman's well known stories, looking for more obscure recommendations.

BadAss2961

What I hate about Landis is that he thinks he's someone, yet he's the clearest case of failed nepotism. Talentless hack wannabe critic.
I don't really mind him. He's like any other internet fanboy. Just that he comes from money, has the means to get his ideas funded and get a following on social media. He has a bit of a voice, so the same type of random, unpopular comments he might share gets blown up more.

SpaceWolf

Banned

How is Landis getting to share his opinions any different from you getting to share your opinions? Or do you merely resent him because he's got a bigger audience?

Speaking of, I recently bought Luthor: Man of Steel and can't wait to read it. Finished collecting John's Action Comics trades + Secret Origins so I want to plow through that as well.

I already own most of Superman's well known stories, looking for more obscure recommendations.

Have you heard of Escape from Bizarro World?

Compbros

Bit out of the blue but with everything we know about this movie so far how can people still say this isn't a sequel to man of steel?

Ahasverus

Ok ok Landis is great.

As messy said, people (and me, apparently) get stupid with the DCU movies, there is this dude in the Zack thread literally making up MoS as he goes along and changing his points of view when confronted, by making up another scene. MoS threads are the worst, and it seems they're never going away.

Ashhong

Bit out of the blue but with everything we know about this movie so far how can people still say this isn't a sequel to man of steel?

I think the same way you can say Captain America Civil War isn't Avengers 3

It is and it isn't. (It mostly is though)

GeeTeeCee

If you haven't read it already and are looking for another Luthor-centric story, The Black Ring by Paul Cornell is worth a read. While it's set after the events of Blackest Night, that's mostly just a flimsy pretext to get Luthor interacting with various characters he might not normally encounter.

While not directly related to the movie, I ended up buying a lot of stuff today, including some Batman and Superman stuff.

Now I finally have all of the Batman live-action movies thanks to that collection I got. I already had all of the Superman ones.

I haven't watched All-Star Superman yet. I saw Batman: Under the Red Hood with some friends years ago, and loved it. Looking forward to see it again.

That Superman: The Movie lunch box was only $5. It goes for around $100 online. It's a bit rusty, though...but it should be a nice display piece.

I didn't know BoxOffice's Long Range Projection got people so...antsy. Looking at them again, BO (with no audience metrics or anything like that) basically gave the movie Furious 7's box office run.

That's not too bad to start off with.

Ahasverus

I didn't know BoxOffice's Long Range Projection got people so...antsy. Looking at them again, BO (with no audience metrics or anything like that) basically gave the movie Furious 7's box office run.

That would be crazy good actually. I don't think it's going to happen, at most it will make Rises numbers. But JL is going to kill it.

If you haven't read it already and are looking for another Luthor-centric story, The Black Ring by Paul Cornell is worth a read. While it's set after the events of Blackest Night, that's mostly just a flimsy pretext to get Luthor interacting with various characters he might not normally encounter.

Looks like IST only has TP 2 in stock. I'll have to wait until a comixology sale, I'm sure we'll get some good ones when BvS hits.

The impression I got was that Superman is the primary protagonist while Batman is the antagonist for the first 1/2 or 2/3rds of the movie. Snyder said Batman gets slightly more screen time but only because they cover his origin, and then it evens out. I don't know if he means that the total screen time evens out or, if it's mostly batman, then it becomes 1/2 superman, 1/2 batman screen time.

Faraci says the movie is Superman centric, atleast in the script he read it was. He had mention Superman does some really heroic stuff by the end of the movie.

I don't expect WW to take up much time besides the trinity fight. The time she shows up beside the fight I'm expecting will be part of Bruce's scenes. I"m guessing some plot thread will be left open to be resolved in her solo film, to encourage people to go watch that.

We're all in the home stretch now so hype is reaching maximum level.

BadAss2961

Domestic or worldwide?

China would have to come through in a big way. Same day release should help.

Also, Good Morning America is having a "Giant Batman v Superman Event!!!" on Monday February 15th.

Interesting. Wonder if THAT'S when we get another trailer.

Also it seems some Barnes and Noble will be having a Batman v Superman day a week before launch

https://stores.barnesandnoble.com/event/9780061762300-0

I don't expect this to be anything more than what Batman Day was. Suspect that's when the free Superman/Batman #1 issue will be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom