• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
batmanhush.jpg

No matter how big he gets I doubt Affleck's forearms will end up wider than his head.

MisterHero

[Yeah but did they ever explain how Superman was mind-controlled by freaking Poison Ivy of all people? That just seemed really out of character.
Poison Ivy's mind control stuff was mixed with Kryptonite.

Anyways I hate when they fight. Real villains are out there and all the fans expect them to do is fight each other.

1988_kj-batmobile.jpg

I'd say it's probably going to be an updated take on the one from The Killing Joke, you can see the monowing in the back, and it looks like it has the flared front grill just barely poking the fabric covering the batmobile in the twitter pick.

Either way, I really hope that this movie is more The Dark Knight Returns or at least keeps that awesome crazy, grizzled older Batman.

...how do you get that?

How do people get that?

No idea, but I found it rather comical. Personally, I think/hope it could be a nice mix between Burton's Batmobile and Nolan's Tumbler.

Edit:

1988_kj-batmobile.jpg

I'd say it's probably going to be an updated take on the one from The Killing Joke, you can see the monowing in the back, and it looks like it has the flared front grill just barely poking the fabric covering the batmobile in the twitter pick.

Either way, I really hope that this movie is more The Dark Knight Returns or at least keeps that awesome crazy, grizzled older Batman.

Oh that could be really interesting.

Thing is, what else is there to Superman? I mean what can we unveil? I do understand the sentiment though. Kind of losing focus with all the Batman hype.

Anyone expecting Batman's origin in this movie or will they trust audiences know by now. By default I'd say Batman telling Superman his parents were shot, yada yada yada, I punch criminals is more than enough. But if Snyder can do one thing right, it's cutting a montage.

Effect

Thing is, what else is there to Superman? I mean what can we unveil? I do understand the sentiment though. Kind of losing focus with all the Batman hype.

Fortress of Solitude. Or what is the equivalent for him now that the scout ship was destroyed. If that's in the film. They could unveil that. Then again this is me hoping we might get a Superman that is more curious about science and might be willing to mess around with it. If so he has to do it somewhere. Otherwise there really is no point to the Fortress I think. If it isn't going to be used for something important then don't bother with it.

Betty

Banned
Anyone expecting Batman's origin in this movie or will they trust audiences know by now. By default I'd say Batman telling Superman his parents were shot, yada yada yada, I punch criminals is more than enough. But if Snyder can do one thing right, it's cutting a montage.

Snyder said they're going for a more experienced Batman in this one, so a brief flashback like Burton did would be enough.

BadAss2961

It's going to be a veteran Batman that's been on the scene for a long time already. This should open up a lot of possibilities in terms of what Batman characters can show up as this universe progresses.

Anything of his origin will likely be in the form of flashbacks.

ReiGun

Honestly, the new Batmobile is kind of a big deal and the sort of thing you would could tease the reveal of. The equivalent for Superman would be the new Fortress of Solitude, but I don't see that being in the new movie.

It'll be told to Superman in a bit of exposition accompanied by a montage. That's the most I expect.

G-Fex

Don't worry plenty of awesome Batman things to be unveiled soon! #Hype

Oh and superman and the other heroes I guess #otherstuff

seeing as the superman costume is again being revised I hope they make it more similar to the New 52 look

some people hate it but turtle neck Supes > regular Supes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom