• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

My theory behind the football stuff is that it's all footage that will just be in some sort of brief "sports highlights" newsreel that will be shown when Clark or someone is in a bar watching TV - would explain why the shoot was so quick and why none of the cast was needed at all.

Penguin

My theory behind the football stuff is that it's all footage that will just be in some sort of brief "sports highlights" newsreel that will be shown when Clark or someone is in a bar watching TV - would explain why the shoot was so quick and why none of the cast was needed at all.

Yeah or something Bruce Wayne attends. Superimpose a Skybox or something

MisterHero

How does that play in the foreign markets? Is Larry David even known outside North America
The story becomes universal when everyone dies and Superman kills Mxy with the Phantom Zone projector. Alan Moore wrote that, so you know it's good.

Seriously though, I would settle for a funny nuisance. Do people still enjoy lighthearted, goofy Superman stories?

http://collider.com/ben-affleck-batman-vs-superman-initial-hesitance/

Initially I was reluctant as I felt I didn’t fit the traditional mold but once Zack showed me the concept, and that it would be both different from the great movies that Chris and Christian made but still in keeping with tradition I was excited. Doing something different and new is always tricky and part of the thrill and the risk is that initially it confounds expectations. The truth is, it’s the movie and the execution of it is what all the actors depend on and I believe in Zack’s vision.

Parch

It would be terribly rude of me to see this in a theater. There is no way I could possibly prevent myself from laughing loudly every time I saw Affleck, and that wouldn't be fair for the rest of the movie patrons.

Affleck also confirmed the already mentioned comments that this version of Batman was "tired, weary and seasoned" but wouldn't go into any further details.

I really like this direction.

Man, I really wanna see them try and adapt Under the Red Hood. It'd work well for an older Batman who has become jaded and cynical. The animated flick did a great job of paring the original story down to its essential elements.

We'll never get that though.

I'm sure people have addressed this in the other pages so forgive me if this has already been stated.

kryptonite exists in this world.

Rewatch the movie
Not only was it "in the air" on the krypton ship but you can see the classic meteor rocks being carried along with the prison ship when it warps to the different solar system

Clevinger

It would be terribly rude of me to see this in a theater. There is no way I could possibly prevent myself from laughing loudly every time I saw Affleck, and that wouldn't be fair for the rest of the movie patrons.

these kinds of posts are going to be fun to read after the movie comes out

Almost sounds like WB is trying to figure out a way to get Wonder Women in the mix.

http://collider.com/wonder-woman-batman-vs-superman-fantastic-beasts-update/

I imagine an after credits scene at most where Superman asks what Batman would do if Superman was truly dangerous and not as friendly. What was the contingency plan?

Batman: Would you believe an Amazon Princess?

Wonder Woman: *steps out of shadows* Greetings Man of Steel, I am Diana of Themyscriya, you may know me better as Wonder Woman.

*smash to black*

TO BE CONTINUED (In the sequel Trinity movie)

EDIT:

What I read

J.K. Rowling Will Have Time to Work on FANTASTIC BREASTS

SJRB

Gold Member
After watching Man of Steel for the first time earlier this week all I can say is that I am 100% on board for this movie. It's going to be awesome.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
You know, when I watched 'Man of Steel' the second time, I liked it so much more, especially the first half. I actually understood what they were going for. If only they had not set the movie at such a breakneck speed all the time, and had given some time for the characters to develop, slowed down a little bit in general, it really could've been a fantastic movie.

Mario007

You know, when I watched 'Man of Steel' the second time, I liked it so much more, especially the first half. I actually understood what they were going for. If only they had not set the movie at such a breakneck speed all the time, and had given some time for the characters to develop, slowed down a little bit in general, it really could've been a fantastic movie.
The problem is the movie was lenghty as it is at 2 and a half hours. They maybe could have cut out the world machine thing happening in the Indian ocean but that was apparently essential in showing that Supes can't solve all the world's problems by itself.

Having said that I enjoyed the hell out of the movie, my favourite superhero movie in the past 2 years. Can't wait for the sequel.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
The problem is the movie was lenghty as it is at 2 and a half hours. They maybe could have cut out the world machine thing happening in the Indian ocean but that was apparently essential in showing that Supes can't solve all the world's problems by itself.

Having said that I enjoyed the hell out of the movie, my favourite superhero movie in the past 2 years. Can't wait for the sequel.

Hmm. I guess there were balancing issues. Maybe they could've had a little less action and more character-time. I am nonetheless excited for Superman vs Batman.

jett

D-Member
Gina Carano is a real life Wonder Woman.
GINA-CARANO-at-the-Fast-Furious-6-Premiere-in-Los-Angeles-1.jpg

Someone get her into an intensive acting crash course, please.

After watching Man of Steel for the first time earlier this week all I can say is that I am 100% on board for this movie. It's going to be awesome.
Same(god Faora so damn hot and badass, way better villain than Zod imo)
Too bad though, with long hair and a little more muscle I could see her as Wonder Woman.

It gives me alot of hope in this version of Batman(he has to be extremely over the top to fit into this universe)

I give up hating on Ben, at least he isn't the worst we could have gotten.

Katee Sackhoff

Marvel's after her for Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers.

Pretty sure there won't be any Wonder Woman in this movie - another one of those weird bits of speculation that caught because otherwise there's not much to talk about regarding Man of Steel 2

(which is not Batman vs. Superman)

Apparently GM are making the Affleck Batmobile and it will not be like the Tumbler. Production designer Nathan Crowley, and engineers Chris Culvert and Andy Smith, have been consulting on the designs. All three previously worked on Nolan's Batman trilogy. "An old Cadillac will feature prominently throughout the film."

Affleck's Bat cowl will be based on the one from Batman Noel.

BatmanNoelCover.jpg

Take all this with a grain of salt.

Source: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=89216

Updated source:http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ericjoseph/news/?a=88942

Apparently GM are making the Affleck Batmobile and it will not be like the Tumbler. Production designer Nathan Crowley, and engineers Chris Culvert and Andy Smith, have been consulting on the designs. All three previously worked on Nolan's Batman trilogy.

Affleck's Bat cowl will be based on the one from Batman Noel.

BatmanNoelCover.jpg

Take all this with a grain of salt.

Source: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=89216

EWW!! I bet it will have a big prominent GM logo on the front which will be focused on all the shots and Batman gets out and is all, "Always bet on GM!" or something like that. Wasn't the Tumbler built by some special effect designers and engineers?

EWW!! I bet it will have a big prominent GM logo on the front which will be focused on all the shots and Batman gets out and is all, "Always bet on GM!" or something like that. Wasn't the Tumbler built by some special effect designers and engineers?

The Batmobile never really has any logo on it apart from Batman's so...don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom