• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
[high five]

She has an awfully thick accent. I think there is a reason she played a bit role with very few lines in MoS. Reminds me of people suggesting Vincent Cassel for Joker back before Ledger was cast because he "looked" the part. If you are going to get someone to just be a visual and not speak, just go for Gina Carano.

3N16MA

Banned
vsOg6Dx.jpg

If only Marvel did not get her first.

You know who looks great in a cape and a cowl? Any well built white male. Batman is a costume not some eyes and a jaw.

Bale has a relativly gaunt jawline but still looked fine. Afflecks is a bit thicker but still great.

As for Bruce Wayne, He is always a larger dude in my mind.

http://collider.com/batman-vs-superman-batman-costume-batmobile/

batman-noel-2-billboard-600x300.jpg

As a wholly new Batman will be onscreen in Batman vs. Superman, a brand new costume will need to be designed. Not only will this ensure there is no in-universe confusion with regards to Christopher Nolan’s trilogy, but it also easily distinguishes the Ben Affleck Batman merchandise from all the other iterations. CBM (admittedly not the most trustworthy of sites) claims to have exclusive intel on the new Batsuit—specifically the cowl—which they say will be inspired by the 2011 graphic novel Batman: Noel.

While not wildly different from recent iterations, the Noel suit is grey instead of black and looks a bit weathered, which would be in keeping with the “seasoned, tired, and weary” Batman that Affleck will be playing opposite Henry Cavill’s fresh-faced Superman. But again, this rumor is wholly unconfirmed and CBM doesn’t exactly have a strong track record with scoops, so take this with a grain of salt for now.

In other Batman vs. Superman news, Batman on Film (which has a more solid reputation) reports that the new Batmobile will be a significant deviation from Nolan’s Tumbler designs and will have a markedly less military look. This isn’t a massive surprise, as Snyder’s DC Universe is entirely separate from The Dark Knight Trilogy so it will inherently look different—and it should. The team behind the new Batmobile is General Motors, the same folks who built the vehicles for Transformers 4, so I’m guessing we’ll be in for a more car-like look.

Thoughts? Even though it's nothing more than a rumor, I've always had a hunch Snyder's Batman would be rocking the grey.

Also, Snydermobile, BELIEVE. It's gonna be amazing.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I'm still not sure why Superman needs to team up with Batman, unless Batman is used purely for the brains and Superman is a complete idiot.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
I'm still not sure why Superman needs to team up with Batman, unless Batman is used purely for the brains and Superman is a complete idiot.

There are literally like 70 years worth of answers to that question.

Hey, I'm not the one that was trying to tell people that Man of Steel had better cinematography than The Matrix.
That's totally relevant when discussing the type of Batman and Superman we're gonna have in this movie.

Do you guys think we're gonna go back to a sportier looking Batmobile?

Loxley

That's totally relevant when discussing the type of Batman and Superman we're gonna have in this movie.

Do you guys think we're gonna go back to a sportier looking Batmobile?

Recent rumors suggest that the new Batmobile will be based off an old Cadillac, and built by GM for the film. I'm envisioning something like the Red Skull's car from the first Captain America film.

kyvn.jpg

Give it a roof, some sleek wings on the back, maybe lower the suspension and bam - you've got a kickass retro batmobile.

TheWraith

I still dont understand why they choose this as a follow up to MoS. I mean we hardly got to know Superman or Clark Kent or the other characters for that matter, as it all felt like one big dump of info instead of introducing the actual characters. Hell, he only became a reporter at the very end and next they are going to introduce a new Batman in the follow-up as well. Color me very skeptical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom