• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I don't think people will be able to contain themselves if they finally showcase the trailer of Superman/Batman fucking each other up.

No no no no.

The teaser is only gonna be the images we just saw.

Superman and Batman just starring each other down, the camera getting closer to both at every cut.

People will STILL go nuts.

Dahbomb

If WB has any sense in their marketing, they shouldn't show any of the actual fight in the trailers. The tease from just before the showdown like this is enough.
That's not going to happen and you know it.

Even if the actual fight is a minute long... WB will be plastering that shit all over trailers. They want people to go "oh shit Batman is gonna fuck up Superman in this movie... I AM THERE DAY 1!!!!"

No no no no.

The teaser is only gonna be the images we just saw.

I know that I am saying when we are closer to the movie's release and they start showing the full 3 minute trailer.

BLACKLAC

I don't remember the veins?

jgCpH9wq8SRWW.PNG

RELIGHT

Banned
But can he even turn his head????

That's actually my question too, Chaos. His basic suit looks fantastic, panther like neck and all. But if he has to do a Keaton the whole time then it wont read well in motion.

For this bulkier suit to fight Supes I don't expect him to turn his head since it's built primarily to take and inflict damage on Supes without dying or getting critically injured. The rumors indicate that this is the best Batman costume ever so I am hopeful.

Zabka

I wonder if the armored Batman suit is CG like the Kryptonian Battlesuits in MoS. Would be a lot easier to have him move around in it.

Maybe Batman slept with Lois or Jimmy.

Jokes aside, Bruce having history with Lois should happen.

I'm guessing Lex Luthor mind controlled Superman into fighting Batman.

Luthor can simply convince Superman that Batman is a dicksplash. For a hypothetical scenario, we learn Lex was instrumental in rebuilding Metropolis. Clark, who blames himself for the havoc, along with his good and trusting nature, believes Luthor is a good guy. Batman strikes first by breaking into Lexcorp and stealing plotcontrivance. Luthor tells Superman that Batman stole kryptonian technology to use as weaponry. When Superman arrives in Gotham, Batman sees him as Luthor's lapdog. Fighting. Batman notices Superman is holding back to avoid hurting him and prevent damage to Gotham. Batman surrenders, puts his trust in Superman by revealing his identity and explains that Luthor is the real disksplash.

I wonder if the armored Batman suit is CG like the Kryptonian Battlesuits in MoS. Would be a lot easier to have him move around in it.

That's my guess. I heard there wasn't even a prop version of Zod's armor. Don't know if that is true.

Jokes aside, Bruce having history with Lois should happen.

Luthor can simply convince Superman that Batman is a dicksplash. For a hypothetical scenario, we learn Lex was instrumental in rebuilding Metropolis. Clark, who blames himself for the havoc, along with his good and trusting nature, believes Luthor is a good guy. Batman strikes first by breaking into Lexcorp and stealing plotcontrivance. Luthor tells Superman that Batman stole kryptonian technology to use as weaponry. When Superman arrives in Gotham, Batman sees him as Luthor's lapdog. Fighting. Batman notices Superman is holding back to avoid hurting him and prevent damage to Gotham. Batman surrenders, puts his trust in Superman by revealing his identity and explains that Luthor is the real disksplash.

And then Lois tells them to stop measuring dicks because she has to tinkle

Dahbomb

Metallo seems like the logical choice. I still think this guy who they cast for BvS could be Metallo:

Callan-Mulvey-200x300.jpg

Also can't imagine a Superman movie where there are both Batman and Lex for there not to be Kryptonite involved (or some other mechanic to make Superman very weak).

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm glad that they are establishing early that Batman doesn't trust Superman and by extension the JL.

Man, I have so many problems with that picture of Gal as Wonder Woman.

1.) She's way too small.
2.) High heels. WHY???
3.) "Sexy Armor" trope.
4.) Looks like they went to Home Depot, picked up Rustoleum spray paint and duct tape, and went to town on some Xena: Warrior Princess uniforms.
5.) Looks more confused than intimidating.

Xero

Man, I have so many problems with that picture of Gal as Wonder Woman.

1.) She's way too small.
2.) High heels. WHY???
3.) "Sexy Armor" trope.
4.) Looks like they went to Home Depot, picked up Rustoleum spray paint and duct tape, and went to town on some Xena: Warrior Princess uniforms.
5.) Looks more confused than intimidating.

I think the people pointing out the sexy armor as a let down apparently weren't expecting this to be wonder woman. This is very in line with what she wears a lot of times in the comics, so if there is a complaint it should be against wonder womans many designs.

I think the people pointing out the sexy armor as a let down apparently weren't expecting this to be wonder woman. This is very in line with what she wears a lot of times in the comics, so if there is a complaint it should be against wonder womans many designs.

Yes, her original costume is fucking ridiculous. Most older designs do.

The point is they are trying to pay tribute AND make it look modern and practical, yet it accomplishes neither of these.

She looks like a fashion model in a dominatrix outfit.

I like the armor, and I don't find it sexy, even mildly. But then, I'm judging it from just a digital image that was post processed. We'll see it in action eventually though. Just a matter of 2 years.

Xero

Yes, her original costume is fucking ridiculous. Most older designs do.

The point is they are trying to pay tribute AND make it look modern and practical, yet it accomplishes neither of these.

She looks like a fashion model in a dominatrix outfit.

looks more like a greek hoplite inspired armor. Which fits.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Even if this film turns out shitty it'll be the best looking superhero film ever. Looks insane, like straight from the comics.

Verendus

Banned
I also think Wonder Woman looks terrible, and part of that is because I think the actress doesn't look good (for the role I mean). Her facial features are soft and she doesn't look aged enough. Granted, it's a picture which means mostly nothing when it comes to how it will look in the movie and it can all be rectified with a good performance. She could put on a good enough performance that everything flies out of the window. And as mentioned, it is just a picture without any real worth to it outside of the movie itself. It probably looks worse since both Batman/Superman are looking amazing.

I've always thought the female lead from John Carter had the right kind of look. She didn't look young in the movie, but not old either. And she had the kind of face which can look a bit tougher rather than model like. It would've been good if they had casted someone with tougher facial features. Basically, someone who doesn't look like a girl in her twenties playing pretend warrior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom