• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJRB

Gold Member
I like the armor, and I don't find it sexy, even mildly. But then, I'm judging it from just a digital image that was post processed. We'll see it in action eventually though. Just a matter of 2 years.

Not really looking forward to two years of every Batman vs Superman thread devolving into a "WW isn't ripped enough" discussion.

jett

D-Member
I also think Wonder Woman looks terrible, and part of that is because I think the actress doesn't look good (for the role I mean). Her facial features are soft and she doesn't look aged enough. Granted, it's a picture which means mostly nothing when it comes to how it will look in the movie and it can all be rectified with a good performance. She could put on a good enough performance that everything flies out of the window. And as mentioned, it is just a picture without any real worth to it outside of the movie itself. It probably looks worse since both Batman/Superman are looking amazing.

I've always thought the female lead from John Carter had the right kind of look. She didn't look young in the movie, but not old either. And she had the kind of face which can look a bit tougher rather than model like. It would've been good if they had casted someone with tougher facial features. Basically, someone who doesn't look like a girl in her twenties playing pretend warrior.

She was awesome as Dejah. Agreed, Gadot has very soft facial features.

jmood88

I also think Wonder Woman looks terrible, and part of that is because I think the actress doesn't look good (for the role I mean). Her facial features are soft and she doesn't look aged enough. Granted, it's a picture which means mostly nothing when it comes to how it will look in the movie and it can all be rectified with a good performance. She could put on a good enough performance that everything flies out of the window. And as mentioned, it is just a picture without any real worth to it outside of the movie itself. It probably looks worse since both Batman/Superman are looking amazing.

I've always thought the female lead from John Carter had the right kind of look. She didn't look young in the movie, but not old either. And she had the kind of face which can look a bit tougher rather than model like. It would've been good if they had casted someone with tougher facial features. Basically, someone who doesn't look like a girl in her twenties playing pretend warrior.
Wow, she actually looks perfect for Wonder Woman.

Maddocks

People need to get over it honestly, shes casted, they are not going to change their minds now. Accept it and move on, far more important things to worry about with this movie. Like what did they keep of goyer's terrible writing.

Verendus has something negative to say about this film? *gasp*

FBNCjbE.png

I can't take it guys. I want this movie out now. It's going to be beautiful.

So was the footage shown at CC actual movie footage or 3D renders? I'm reading a description here saying that its 3D renders but from the pictures it looks like it could be real. Might be the quality of the photos though..

Either way this looks amazing.

Verendus

Banned
Verendus has something negative to say about this film? *gasp*
You're selling me short man. I have something negative to say about every movie. Even ones I like. It's just a case of whether I like the movie enough to overlook things, which I think most people do. No one can possibly like every single thing about a movie. That's extremely rare.

But let's be honest here, this is a movie about Batman and Superman. I don't care about some joke character. I hope she has a minor role until Justice League.

Lowmelody

It bugs me that the Bat emblem in the movie logo doesn't match emblem in the movie and on his suit for two reason, first for the lack of consistency/cohesion and second because it actually has decent proportions and looks cool rather than looking like a bat splat against a windshield.

I know the movie logo is made to accommodate the superman logo and thus probably came way after the initial bat emblem the came up with but still, the current one seems to go out of its way to look like you wouldn't expect by being hideous.

It bugs me that the Bat emblem in the movie logo doesn't match emblem in the movie and on his suit for two reason, first for the lack of consistency/cohesion and second because it actually has decent proportions and looks cool rather than looking like a bat splat against a windshield.

I know the movie logo is made to accommodate the superman logo and thus probably came way after the initial bat emblem the came up with but still, the current one seems to go out of its way to look like you wouldn't expect by being hideous.

It's inspired by Frank Miller's Batman The Dark Knight Returns

batman_dn_r_5.gif

tumblr_n5j39ra6i01qapz3uo1_1280.jpg

Dead Man

Omac1.PNG

Only sensible one I can think of. Have Lex create nanotech based off krypton tech, infuses himself or someone else. Have batman lend his technical expertise to disable the nanobots.

A year after Age of Ultron? I know they are very different characters, but not sure that would be obvious to the wider public.

You're selling me short man. I have something negative to say about every movie. Even ones I like. It's just a case of whether I like the movie enough to overlook things, which I think most people do. No one can possibly like every single thing about a movie. That's extremely rare.

But let's be honest here, this is a movie about Batman and Superman. I don't care about some joke character. I hope she has a minor role until Justice League.

I agree with Verendus, I'm a Marvel Guy through and through and I love the Marvel Movies mostly because what I find wrong with them pales in comparison to what I love.

The DC movies to me get so much wrong as opposed to right that I just can't bring myself to rewatch them.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
If there's one thing I've learned in all these threads, it's that Gaf is very much on board with the idea of a "Wonder Woman", but generally has little love for the character herself as she exists.

and GAF is not creative in their casting too.

Dead Man

If there's one thing I've learned in all these threads, it's that Gaf is very much on board with the idea of a "Wonder Woman", but generally has little love for the character herself as she exists.

She only exists as she is written. There is no inherent true version of her. If people think she could be improved then that should be up for discussion.

How can someone take pictures but not fucking video. This is an outrage.

I'm pretty bummed by it. Amazed DC didn't upload the footage during Marvel's panel. Especially since there was a lack of real crazy news. Aside from footage (we'll never see until MAYBE next year) the Marvel panel was a bit... disappointing. Perfect chance to strike.

jett

D-Member
I'm pretty bummed by it. Amazed DC didn't upload the footage during Marvel's panel. Especially since there was a lack of real crazy news. Aside from footage (we'll never see until MAYBE next year) the Marvel panel was a bit... disappointing. Perfect chance to strike.

Honestly, they don't upload this stuff because it uses unfinished effects and whatnot.

But damnit we should get cell phone footage at least.

Dead Man

Honestly, they don't upload this stuff because it uses unfinished effects and whatnot.

But damnit we should get cell phone footage at least.

So they would prefer crappy cell phone quality uploads of it? Makes no fucking sense to me, they should just release the stuff in good quality.

jett

D-Member

Okay that was really hype.

So they would prefer crappy cell phone quality uploads of it? Makes no fucking sense to me, they should just release the stuff in good quality.

They prefer nothing obviously. :p WB aggressively goes after those that upload this sort of footage. I have a mark against my youtube channel for uploading the MoS teaser. :|

Dead Man

They prefer nothing obviously. :p WB aggressively goes after those that upload this sort of footage. I have a mark against my youtube channel for uploading the MoS teaser. :|

Yeah, but they can't prevent it. They know that. Not everywhere is Youtube. Seems utterly stupid to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom