• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

Footage is amazing1

Wonder if it's possible to webm the clip. Anyone know how to do that. That way it's not hosted on youtube.

jett

D-Member
Yeah, but they can't prevent it. They know that. Not everywhere is Youtube. Seems utterly stupid to me.

I agree, just giving you their reasoning. In this day and age these conferences should be livestreamed, just like E3. It would get them so much more fucking attention. It's nonsense to me that they're still only catering to the smelly people that go to comic-con.

I don't know why having the two of them fight is such a stretch for some people. The two, despite being "good guys", are complete opposites that, in the beginning, would be totally distrustful of each other. You know that by the end of this they'll team up and it will be glorious.

BY2K

Membero Americo

iKoGMOmS8TWRD.gif

ReiGun

She only exists as she is written. There is no inherent true version of her. If people think she could be improved then that should be up for discussion.

I'm not saying there's a "true version," but the level of improvements that often pop up in these threads suggest people won't like Wonder Woman unless she becomes an entirely different character than she is traditionally. And yet, people still think there should be a Wonder Woman movie because it fits on some weird "requirement" list.

Just seems odd to me to ride DC's ass over getting a movie about a character you don't really like or know anything about. I mean, I'm certainly not holding them to the torch over, say, Challengers of the Unknown. :p

Tapiozona

Banned
I don't know why having the two of them fight is such a stretch for some people. The two, despite being "good guys", are complete opposites that, in the beginning, would be totally distrustful of each other. You know that by the end of this they'll team up and it will be glorious.

Because any situation other than Superman instantly killing Batman in a fight instantly becomes laughably stupid. Doesn't matter how much armor Batman has, etc. The Superman movie only made it worse when they showed how fast Kryptonians move. Are they just going to pretend the whole super speed fighting from the last movie didn't happen?

Maffis

Because any situation other than Superman instantly killing Batman in a fight instantly becomes laughably stupid. Doesn't matter how much armor Batman has, etc. The Superman movie only made it worse when they showed how fast Kryptonians move. Are they just going to pretend the whole super speed fighting from the last movie didn't happen?
Bat is gonna have built in pieces of that kryptonian ship in his armor. just you wait.

Penguin

Maybe Superman and Batman aren't fighting, but he wanted to meet him and get his autograph and only way he knew to get this attention!

I think Man of Steel sort of addresses that with the whole death thing at the end, which people were in an uproar about but for me it was the point in which Superman thought to himself okay I will try to completely avoid a situation altogether that results in me having to kill someone.

Maybe in this movie Superman isn't the one that is actively trying to kill the other.

ryan299

Somebody on twitter blew up the head piece wonder woman is wearing and is saying it looks Kryptonian. Wasn't there a rumor a while back that wonder woman's people would be descendants of the Kryptonians that came to Earth on the scout ship?

kswiston

This movie is going to break all box office records.

Other than a chance at opening weekend (and related records like first day tally), it will break no box office records. Man of Steel + The Dark Knight + The Dark Knight Rises combined pretty much equal Avatar's worldwide gross.

You're basing this all on "facts" about their powers and abilities, when historically that's meant fuck all in the comics/shows/etc.

Somebody on twitter blew up the head piece wonder woman is wearing and is saying it looks Kryptonian. Wasn't there a rumor a while back that wonder woman's people would be descendants of the Kryptonians that came to Earth on the scout ship?

Yes and we all agreed it was fucking stupid and should not be entertained.

jackdoe

The fact that the "Lasso of Truth" is part of the costume, pretty much means we could throw that theory out.

Other than a chance at opening weekend (and related records like first day tally), it will break no box office records. Man of Steel + The Dark Knight + The Dark Knight Rises combined pretty much equal Avatar's worldwide gross.

People have been waiting for years to see this. Batman and Superman are the most iconic superheroes around. Heck, even though Man of Steel was not the greatest, I still find myself more hyped for this than anything Marvel could show. I'm not saying it'll do Avatar or Titanic numbers but it'll be up there.

People have been waiting for years to see this. Batman and Superman are the most iconic superheroes around. Heck, even though Man of Steel was not the greatest, I still find myself more hyped for this than anything Marvel could show. I'm not saying it'll do Avatar or Titanic numbers but it'll be up there.

i think it's going to break records too i can literally think of how long how much people have been saying they want to see batman/superman on screen this shit will be bonkers.

Drifters

Am I wrong to love a 30 second clip of a movie that is still 2 years away and has a potential to quite possibly be one of the best comic book movies of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom