• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battleblock Theater |PC OT| Fasten your pants, we're going full Steam

kulapik

vD23j4s.jpg

Publisher & Developer: The Behemoth
Available on Steam (obviously)for Windows & Linux
Genre: Platformer
Players: 1-4 (Local and online)
Price: 14.99 USD (prices on other regions not known; free for betatesters, who can already play!)
Release Date: May 15, 2014
With trading cards!

About the Game

Shipwrecked. Captured. Betrayed. Forced to perform for an audience of cats? Yes, all that and more when you unlock BattleBlock Theater! There’s no turning back once you've started on your quest to free over 300 of your imprisoned friends from evil technological cats. Immerse yourself in this mind bending tale of treachery as you use your arsenal of weapon-tools to battle your way through hundreds of levels in order to discover the puzzling truth behind BattleBlock Theater.

If solo acts aren't your style, go online or bring a buddy couch-side to play a thoroughly co-optimized quest or enter the arenas. The game also includes a level editor so you can craft your own mind bending trials!

Media

Steam Version Trailer

Original Launch Trailer

ss_41afed694923346ae8bf5c807de43df3953eee6b.600x338.jpg

ss_12f325ff88e27bc6b8dd2656000737ed3fa5fb13.600x338.jpg

ss_c79b2cd3cb90999f98dcc45b9f35b914daa12674.600x338.jpg

ss_e4f99e86f9ed8adf5a22d7b89a324f8171e3f46c.600x338.jpg

ss_8fb1ebe23f42f62d3011d567bb33c630cb789816.600x338.jpg

Reviews

Embargo breaks on May 14, 2014 - 12PM PST.

Custom level Spotlight

Coming soon!

Oh, and the narrator is called Stamper. Bless him.

First OT ever, sorry if it is too poor, tried to do cooler things with PS but I don't have such skill :p

Nabs

I'm excited to finally play this with a good, functioning controller. I tested it with my new ds4 and it feels so much better.

Panda Rin

I'm getting a really weird text glitch in-game, where it has a static effect on text bubbles and scoreboards. anyone else experiencing it?

EDIT: This what my text bubbles look like:

lATHgWD.jpg

Can anyone tell me what's in the chaos co-op pack?

Is it a two pack, three or four? If it's only two, why is it more expensive right now than buying two separate copies?

More info appreciated. Thanks. Just about ready to buy.

Panda Rin

Can anyone tell me what's in the chaos co-op pack?

Is it a two pack, three or four? If it's only two, why is it more expensive right now than buying two separate copies?

More info appreciated. Thanks. Just about ready to buy.

It's cheaper right now to buy two individual copies. It's actually supposed to be only 10%, but for whatever reason it's 35% right now.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I just bought Battle Block, but I want to make sure it's okay to do this.. Send a PM to Modbot once for each Killer is Dead line.. That's okay, right?

Yup that is correct one PM for each game entry. I made it multi-entry so everyone has more than one chance to win either game.

Dryk

Encore 8-3 is easily the worst designed level in the game. I could forgive the exploding block path or the fact that it makes you do the whole thing twice to get A++ if the pattern of bullets you have to navigate was at least consistent.

Top Bottom