• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battleborn |OT| Multiplayer Online Bad-Ass Shooter

Tarrin

Been thinking about getting this but a couple of questions:

1. Can I play single-player/campaign only if I want? Not really interested in the mp.

2. Is it always online? Or can I play it offline?

3. How does it run? Any difference btween the consoles? I have both a PS4 and X1, don't know which version to get. (More friends on PS4 if that counts).

alext5

Neo Member

1. Can I play single-player/campaign only if I want? Not really interested in the mp.

3. How does it run? Any difference btween the consoles? I have both a PS4 and X1, don't know which version to get. (More friends on PS4 if that counts).

1. You can play story missions in solo but it doesn't look like it's the best way to play it.

2.I am not sure, but it looked like that even the prologue needed to be online even if I played solo.

3. I guess that PS4 would be the way to go in your case. It runs well enough on my xbox one. If you have more friend on one platform, go for this one.

I am not sure if it's the game for you if you dislike the MP component.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
What version are you playing? No issues on the PC.
I'm playing on ps4. Some of the textures are dreamcast level and in the prologue, looking at the wrong computer console up close will tank the fps. In meltdown the fps drops when there is a ton of action or going up against Montana. It is very noticible! I wish I had pals who game on PC -_-

Is anyone else getting this server error message any time they try to log on? Xbone.

Fucking always online BS. Can't even goof around with bots or do story missions. Just stuck at title screen all morning.

daedalius

I'm playing on ps4. Some of the textures are dreamcast level and in the prologue, looking at the wrong computer console up close will tank the fps. In meltdown the fps drops when there is a ton of action or going up against Montana. It is very noticible! I wish I had pals who game on PC -_-

Weird, I haven't noticed anything like this on Xbone, and I've seen Montana ALOT in pvp!

Somnia

I'm going to pick this up tonight on XB1.

Feel free to add me! Always looking for more people to play online games with.

GT: SomniaGAF

daedalius

I see Montana in almost every match. Is he hard to use? He is listed as an advanced character.

He is super tanky and has a pretty mean ranged weapon. Other than managing the heat of his chaingun, I don't see how he is very advanced!

I don't play him much myself though, so I can't really be sure.

Lren

Really enjoying Benedict and Calderius now that I have them both unlocked. Right now, The Experiment mission is giving me problems with the few randoms I've tried it with, though each run I've managed to make it farther and farther.

Enjoying it a lot on the PS4 mostly, though I still need to put a bit more time in the PC version.

Neverwas

enjoying the retail game so far, but it felt like a couple of the story missions were just disguised PvP training sessions, with minimal NPC radio banter from your "team". meh. still have 2 story missions to beat, so we'll see how those turn out.

sflufan

Banned

1. You can, but I REALLY don't advise that at all. Unlike Borderlands, the PvE element of this game was designed for co-op through and through. I tried playing the two beta missions solo and my experience was the absolute dead opposite of fun.

2. It's always on-line. In fact, you can't even access the menus unless you're on-line

3. Can't help you there - I played the beta on the PC.

does anybody get framerate issues w/ amd (7950)? I was lagging pretty bad last night during an incursion (the one where you gotta kill the sentries) match on honestly I forget what the map was. It wasn't the jungle one. I have everything off or low w/ borderless and it was really bad on that map during battles.

Is there any way to skip the short videos before signing in on PC? I tried renaming just about every file I thought it would be but no dice.

Lucifon

Xbox One Gaffers hit me up - Lucifonz.

Ideally EU folk just for time zones but happy to play with any friendly players :) drop me an invite whenever I'm on!

Wubbys

The more I play of this game the more impressed I am. I think this will get ignored by people for whatever reason, but it is a great deal of fun. It has a solid foundation to build upon if gearbox decides to do so.

Just a few minor grievances though. dont know how but Ive seen people run duplicate heros which can be frustrating when two oscar mikes are napalm spamming. Also the sniper can take down the first sentry by himself from the relative safety of his base. Also as much as I hate getting destroyed by rath I think pulling back the fov on melee champions would help.

I do think the game needs a better distinction between bots, enemy heroes, and the landscape. There is a lot of times where I can't even see the enemy hero b/c they blend in w/ their surroundings or bots so well.

I also agree on increasing FOV for melee or just in general for all heroes

cyress8

Banned
Does Montana come with a beer hat for some cosmetic flair? He really has the look of a man that needs a beer hat.

On a serious note, I have not kept up with this game at all. I thought it was a pure MOBA type of game. Trying to get a quick grasp on this game and wondering if the co-op side is like Left for Dead or any other similar title? Also, for the episodes, how many are there and will they keep releasing more after release?

Gothos

I'm probably gonna regret it but I just bought it. Basically it's the last game before the end of August that I wanna play and that I must buy it order to do, so I said fuck it :)

It's first a multiplayer pvp game, second a coop game, and third a single player game.

It's pretty fun, but I wouldn't recommend the game for the single player experience.

Lucifon

Damn this game is so fun, especially Incursion mode. It's crazy addictive, there's so much to earn to and unlock.

They really need to increase punishment for leavers though, can totally ruin matches.

EnthronedReaper

Neo Member
Damn this game is so fun, especially Incursion mode. It's crazy addictive, there's so much to earn to and unlock.

They really need to increase punishment for leavers though, can totally ruin matches.

People who leave can't match make till the match they left finished. Coupled with the fact that you can't switch characters on the main screen. My gf picked random by accident and we had to leave that match.

Though i did learn you can bypass the matchmaking stop if you log out and sign back in the gearbox servers

Lucifon

People who leave can't match make till the match they left finished. Coupled with the fact that you can't switch characters on the main screen. My gf picked random by accident and we had to leave that match.

Though i did learn you can bypass the matchmaking stop if you log out and sign back in the gearbox servers

All 3 of the pvp matches I played tonight had leavers, seems a real issue. And the team with the leavers was the team losing in all 3 cases. Incredibly frustrating when your team mates leave because you're losing after 5 mins, and incredibly unsatisfying to win only to realise the other team was 2-3 man down. The game is so fun though, I hope they can work it out asap.

Mossybrew

On a serious note, I have not kept up with this game at all. I thought it was a pure MOBA type of game. Trying to get a quick grasp on this game and wondering if the co-op side is like Left for Dead or any other similar title?

The best thing I can compare it to is a more complex Monday Night Combat with co-op story missions that have a mild Borderlands flavor.

cyress8

Banned
The best thing I can compare it to is a more complex Monday Night Combat with co-op story missions that have a mild Borderlands flavor.

Thanks a bunch. Not really a MOBA guy, but love fps games. Thinking about plopping down some cash to play. Toby looks awesome to me. An adorable Heavy from TF2.

Karak

I know I am in the minority but I think the character unlocks are awesome. I love how long they take and how hard they are. But I can easily see peoples point that a lot of time will be spent on some maps that maybe aren't the best to get a character they want. Wish the maps were just a bit better personally.

Menome

I know I am in the minority but I think the character unlocks are awesome. I love how long they take and how hard they are. But I can easily see peoples point that a lot of time will be spent on some maps that maybe aren't the best to get a character they want. Wish the maps were just a bit better personally.

I'm fine with the concept of the unlock system, I just think that there should have been more heroes unlocked from the beginning. Especially with a character like Phoebe who's been at the forefront of the game's marketing for the past year or so.

I'd say two from each faction would have been best whilst leaving fifteen to unlock, which is still plenty of progress to work through, plus the upcoming five for people without the season pass.

Top Bottom