• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battleborn |OT| Multiplayer Online Bad-Ass Shooter

deoee

The matchmaking works 90% of the time on my end.
I keep getting matches with a similar overall level of teams.

Sometimes you are matched against players who are clearly "one team" aka. in voice etc. but that just happens and most of the time I learn new stuff.

Also people can surprise sometimes - lower lvl guys being better and knowing tricks a lvl 30 does not know.

Tecnniqe

Banned
And then one day they will present Borderlands 3 and most people will shout "fuck yess! hype! sold!" etc.

People have pretty bad memory for this kind of thing. If you aren't interested in a product, it's very easy to dismiss the company and say you are sabotaging them (because in truth you weren't going to buy the game), but the moment they release one you want, people forget his previous comments about how evil they are.

How many people in this forum have said how they were going to stop buying EA games or how they would stop buying Battlefield after the last one was released in a sorry state, and now they see a trailer of the new BF with even prettier graphics and shouting "SOLD!"?? Lots.
People usually remember when a person lies to their face repeatedly.

People tend to forget when companies do it.

Pitchford is a PR disaster.

I bought the PS4 version and have had frequent connection issues since launch. I can only access the Command Centre some of the time and private campaign and public multiplayer matches fail to initiate more often than not. The "server timeout" messages I frequently encounter are causing me to become deeply frustrated with this game. Can someone help me to diagnose the cause? I participated in the beta and played many campaign and multiplayer matches without issue. Yet the retail release times out even on the title screen.

I do not think it is my internet connection as I am able to play other online games without these problems. If it helps, I am based in Australia.

deoee

I bought the PS4 version and have had frequent connection issues since launch. I can only access the Command Centre some of the time and private campaign and public multiplayer matches fail to initiate more often than not. The "server timeout" messages I frequently encounter are causing me to become deeply frustrated with this game. Can someone help me to diagnose the cause? I participated in the beta and played many campaign and multiplayer matches without issue. Yet the retail release times out even on the title screen.

I do not think it is my internet connection as I am able to play other online games without these problems. If it helps, I am based in Australia.

Try this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2qo489/ok_rps4_lets_talk_mtu_max_transmission_unit_to/

Fuck it, I'm enjoying the game. Cue 'it's dead lol' atmosphere, which is ever dismissive and ignores the, y'know, people playing the game. Eh. /rant

In other news, I like the look of Kelvin, but fear in the melee he'll be tricky to play. Anyone got any tips?

deoee

Fuck it, I'm enjoying the game. Cue 'it's dead lol' atmosphere, which is ever dismissive and ignores the, y'know, people playing the game. Eh. /rant

In other news, I like the look of Kelvin, but fear in the melee he'll be tricky to play. Anyone got any tips?

I played him once and found the it hard to move around with him because he is shaped so... ugly :D

You basically need to eat minions to stack hp. I was at about 3900 in that match by just eating everything i could find.
He also is a great initiator with his insane stun ability and can sustain ages with lifesteal.

Menome

I only just unlocked Kelvin as I was finishing up for the night, but in the few matches I've had against him he worked best on the Meltdown maps thanks to the prevalence of the more corridor-like designs.

Throwing up an Ice Wall isn't as useful on a map like Overgrowth or Outback where there's big wide areas that you can traverse around it with.

Deande's uppercut allows her to go toe-to-toe with even the strongest melee characters and when those melee characters call for back up I just get my decoy to finish them off or distract them. She's so versatile for an assassin character.

I'm going to try her today. Can you do a litter summary of how to play here? I have never been good with stealth assassins.

Gurrry

I got the game last night and its actually really fun! Im so ready to get back in once I finish this final.

I had a question about DLC though.. are the future characters free?

Drewfonse

Is there a way to matchmake specific campaign missions, or do I need to hope that one comes up for vote that I want to play and that it gets voted for??

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a way to matchmake specific campaign missions, or do I need to hope that one comes up for vote that I want to play and that it gets voted for??

That's it for now. There's an explanation for it on their site of not wanting long matching making times for specific missions.

Ended up unlocked andra, mellka, and kelvin last night. Need to unlock deande tonight hopefully if anybody else is up for it. That is probably the last character I'll unlock. I joined the discord and I'm also in the reddit discord as well

Menome

Ended up unlocked andra, mellka, and kelvin last night. Need to unlock deande tonight hopefully if anybody else is up for it. That is probably the last character I'll unlock. I joined the discord and I'm also in the reddit discord as well

If you're on PS4, I'll be on in about twenty minutes.

Gurrry

just went 14-7 with thorn, i really like her! it wouldve been like 14-3 but i started diving at the end.

i just wish there were actual skins! i need hats

Other than the slight blurring of Oscar Mike/Whiskey Foxtrot, really like the variety. Tried Kelvin in Capture and owned (don't care about Capture defeats, treat it as a test bed - we won), and also gonna try Toby.

So far I rotate Miko/Reyna/OM, and want to broaden into melee and tank characters.

If anyone wants to group up with me my Xbox GT is: El Boxy Brown
I'm going to try her today. Can you do a litter summary of how to play here? I have never been good with stealth assassins.

Deande's secondary attack is range damage. She throws her fans in three sessions with the third being two fans at once. Her primary are melee attacks where she'll basically be doing never ending spins. USE HER SECONDARY THE MOST. The range damage is pretty decent and you stay at a safe distance. You can quickly pick off anyone with low health especially if you use The Culling upgrade in the Helix which gives you more damage towards weakened opponents. Her passive raises her attack and skill by 25% when she is uncloaked so you'll be using Holotwin a lot. Always make sure that skill is ready when your going to melee your opponent. It will help you escape a lot of fights or you can use your decoy to gang up on someone 2 v 1. When you do get the jump on someone after uncloaking it's best to trap them in a corner or block their way out from escaping. At character rank 3 you unlock the uppercut mutation which you can get at level 3. She'll then end her combo with an uppercut which launches you and your opponent up in the air for a short time. If you trap them good you can just spam this over and over and over until they die.

I got angry at this game tonight and turned it off. I may revisit it when they patch it/down the road, but I think I'm done for a while.

I DID beat The Saboteur (and pretty easily, too, with a good team). However, I didn't have much luck finding a good team to beat the library level with, and we failed almost immediately. It's the one I need to beat to unlock the final mission.

I decided to do it solo, and spent about an hour on it myself. It was hard to get the bots to the robot because of all of the enemies/not being able to be in more than one place due to being solo. That took a while.

I did it, though. Then, I made it almost ALL the way back to where I needed to bring the robot back, and it blew up. I couldn't keep up with the amount of enemies.

This game is poorly balanced for solo.

Bums me out that you can't do a public online search for a specific mission. I just got put into the algorithm...again...
Add me if you're looking to do campaign missions with a halfway decent player - JakeNoseIt

I kept getting into the same missions also. There's no way to leave until the opening 'cinematic' plays, and at that point you're screwing people over.

I felt bad, but quit. I had limited time.

I think over on Reddit one of the devs said that is something they are considering...the response was:

"We have a couple of solutions en route here. First, we'll add a Story: Advanced queue that will at least let you queue for advanced difficulty. I'm contemplating opening up queues for all story missions, once we have an idea of what our stable population looks like. In the mean time, I believe we'll at least open up "Featured Mission" types of queues, which will rotate on a regular basis."

Been unlocking more characters in PC version after deciding to double dip, really like Attikus. Not sure how good he is in PvP but so satisfying to play in the story mode.

Hey guys , just a question. Do you think this game will have legs for the next few months? I'm considering buying it maybe in a month or two time from now and don't want to going in and find it's dead already ala Evolve.

Hey guys , just a question. Do you think this game will have legs for the next few months? I'm considering buying it maybe in a month or two time from now and don't want to going in and find it's dead already ala Evolve.

It's hard to say right now.

There's not a ton of content, map and game mode wise, so I don't know how well it'll hold up. If they do a good job of maintaining, balancing it and adding new content, it could hold up for sure. But the fact that DLC will be paid should be worrying for those investing.

There's not a ton of content, map and game mode wise, so I don't know how well it'll hold up. If they do a good job of maintaining, balancing it and adding new content, it could hold up for sure. But the fact that DLC will be paid should be worrying for those investing.

Season Pass is just story missions, skins, and taunts.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

But characters, maps and modes are going to be free for multiplayer sections.

derFeef

Beat the first story mission with randoms, was playing the Mushroom healer. Was fun, but did not think healing was that important.
Did the second story mission alone as Oscar Mike and that was pretty fun as well, dat Borderlands writing... Tried it again with Thorn and it was harder for me at the beginning, not to mention her primary weapon is just boring to use.

Generally... this game lacks combat feedback it's not even funny. Mostly due to lack of sound cues and general sound effects. Did my ability fire? Did my grenade hit? Does my weapon fire at all? There is huge room of improvement and I hope they work on that. Are there any hints what the first patch will contain and when it will hit?

yea the only feedback is your crosshairs turning red which is terrible. Also it's very hard to aim oscar mike's ult from far away. have no idea where I'm pointing at

daedalius

Beat the first story mission with randoms, was playing the Mushroom healer. Was fun, but did not think healing was that important.
Did the second story mission alone as Oscar Mike and that was pretty fun as well, dat Borderlands writing... Tried it again with Thorn and it was harder for me at the beginning, not to mention her primary weapon is just boring to use.

Generally... this game lacks combat feedback it's not even funny. Mostly due to lack of sound cues and general sound effects. Did my ability fire? Did my grenade hit? Does my weapon fire at all? There is huge room of improvement and I hope they work on that. Are there any hints what the first patch will contain and when it will hit?

Rath sound effects and weapon effects are pretty clear, as have been most of the other characters I've played.

Oscar Mike I do believe needs some better feedback though, but all the characters aren't like that.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Actually, weapons have a hit sound. it's just more of a tick sound, rather than some loud clank or splat. Of course, the enemies also flash, and huge freakin' numbers also pop out of them. And enemies have their own whines upon taking damage.

And there's knockback on the "quick melee" hit as well.

It's funny, because the minions have pretty pronounced reactions. They break into pieces, fall on their faces if you shoot them in the back, etc, etc. Considering how much people already complained about it feeling too busy, it's kinda good it doesn't have huge blood splatters or weird colors popping out on hits.

derFeef

Maybe I am missing sounds? There are instances when I thought a sound was not palying, like when something huge happens, it just.. quiet. I tried to repair the install but the files are okay according to Steam.

I actually think Oscar Mike had the best feedback from the Heroes I tried, followed by Isac. They have good weapon sounds.

Top Bottom