• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battleborn |OT| Multiplayer Online Bad-Ass Shooter

Enilced2

Did the hotfix break matchmaking? I haven't won a game in days. It's always my team of randoms level 5-19 in that range up against a premade group of 3-5 and they are all level 35-80. I don't get it it feels fundamentally broken.

Menome

Thoughts on the PS4 version?

Works absolutely fine. 30fps with some dips (Less since the hot fix this week).

Lacks the FOV slider at the moment, but that's coming in the next proper patch which should hopefully be next week if I recall correctly.

It's absolutely insanely stupid for her to be able to sprint and attack, she's the ONLY character that can do it.

Ambra can do it too, iirc, but she's not as damaging as Galilea.

I just discovered Attikus, dude is absolutely stupid looking but is a lot of fun to play.

Matchmaking has thrown up some really horrendous mismatches (at least in terms of command ranks alone). Can't say if worse since hotfix as has generally been my experience all along: some games great, some games stomps.

deoee

2 friends were "meh" about the game.
Played it here yesterday.
Both bought it immediatly after trying out :D

Sadly the performance for my friend is really bad on his hardware

2 friends were "meh" about the game.
Played it here yesterday.
Both bought it immediatly after trying out :D

So many people seem "meh" about it. It's a shame, I think it's terrific.

If anyone is on X1, add me (tag same as name here): I have 2 friends I play with regularly, a few more would be sweet. EU.

It's absolutely insanely stupid for her to be able to sprint and attack, she's the ONLY character that can do it.

She is slow and has no mobility. That's why she can do it. It is absolutely necessary for her or she can't get a kill.

If they removed the bonus damage at full HP I think everyone would be happy. That's what's so outrageous. It allows her to burst done quick. Without it her damage really isn't high at all.

She will be worthless after that patch.

Xevren

She is slow and has no mobility. That's why she can do it. It is absolutely necessary for her or she can't get a kill.

If they removed the bonus damage at full HP I think everyone would be happy. That's what's so outrageous. It allows her to burst done quick. Without it her damage really isn't high at all.

She will be worthless after that patch.

So she'd be like every other melee character in the game? Wow, what a crazy concept! If I can get kills with every other melee character so can you. You still have access to a stun, and an ability that can pull people in while silencing them and slowing them. Which is something no other melee can do. No melee character should be able to sprint and attack at all.

J Range

I just bought it and am having a big problem. my games audio is all messed up. Im online and all i can hear is the announcer, bullet shells hitting the ground and footsteps. I cant play like this. I have no awareness of whats going on. Anybody know whats wrong?

Edit-seems like it fixed itself somehow. Cool.

Phoebe's Blade Rush needs a buff. It does no damage and the explosive buff doesn't help it at all. The only useful thing you can do with it is silence players.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I've now been able to play Kleiss for about 2 days now. ....

He's AWESOME. But frail. Sick'n a Rath on him is almost sure death. But if you let him get strong enough so that his DEATH LASERS can destroy people, you can outlast Galileia, which is pretty funny.

The mutation that gives him a Megabuster is awesome. You can snipe people down to low shield -> death really fast.

His pods are great, and his Ult is good in a team fight, much like Ambra's. He pulses shields in AOE, damages in the same AoE, can spawn the fields WAY far from him, gets decent sniping ability, and his melee-ish tazer lazers are strong, and can be boosted. His jump is REALLY odd in that it lets him BOOST around... but don't save him from anything, and he feels like a solid risk / reward character overall.

Kleese is the hero that I have noticed has perhaps the biggest skill gap. Played badly he is a floating disaster, a free kill whenever you want.

Played well he is a stubborn, extremely dangerous foundation for all the enemy team. Those shield generators and his auto heal are phenomenally powerful if he gets his positioning right.

Menome

Phoebe's Blade Rush needs a buff. It does no damage and the explosive buff doesn't help it at all. The only useful thing you can do with it is silence players.

I pretty much exclusively use it against groups of minions with the AOE and close-range buffs to weaken them down a bit before I finish them off.

Against other players, it's pretty useless.

Toby also requires not only good skill to play but a good team to support him. A good team with a good Toby can keep the enemy players and minions from pushing to your base. His shield/railgun combo can snipe players from a safe distance while taking no damage and the mines can destroy minions fast. Nothing is more humiliating than getting taunted by a trollish shit talking penguin who later takes back everything he says.

"Tell Toby killed you and that he's a super swell guy!"
"Please don't be discouraged! Your doing great! I promise!"
"Keep trying! Don't give up! I believe in you!"

Toby also requires not only good skill to play but a good team to support him. A good team with a good Toby can keep the enemy players and minions from pushing to your base. His shield/rail cannon combo can snipe players from a safe distance while taking no damage and the mines can destroy minions fast. Nothing is more humiliating than getting taunted by a trollish shit talking penguin who later takes back everything he says.

I think a problem with Toby is a lot of people expect him to play like a tank just because he's big, but that's not how he works-_-

I think a problem with Toby is a lot of people expect him to play like a tank just because he's big, but that's not how he works-_-

The only time I feel confident in going on the offensive with Toby is when I have my mines buffed with slow down, that way I can trap a player in my mine and blast them till their dead with the railgun. Other than that, I try to stay as close to the base as possible.

Toby is a really interesting character. Hard to master, I reckon, but has some crazy potential. The ult is a bit underwhelming however, when it looks like it should wreck.

Toby is a really interesting character. Hard to master, I reckon, but has some crazy potential. The ult is a bit underwhelming however, when it looks like it should wreck.

I feel most ultis here are like 'better than normal abilities' but still in the same range, unlike some really powerful, character defining ultis from some moba games.

I feel most ultis here are like 'better than normal abilities' but still in the same range, unlike some really powerful, character defining ultis from some moba games.

True, I guess there's no real equivalent of DOTA's Tidehunter's team-wipe-starting ult, for example, or Enigma's whirlpool: Kleese's ult is closest to that, but is clearly less powerful. But still powerful enough...

I use Toby's ultimate to destroy spider sentries, which is does decent damage to it, and scare away players who think the giant laser does massive damage.

Steveo

Banned
What's the deal with Meltdown and the entire team going to one lane? I always end up going to the other lane, and it's usually 1 v 3+... I just don't see the benefit of all 5 people going to one side, and leaving the other completely open... coming from something like DOTA makes me even more baffled.

I don't have any friends that bought Battleborn so I'm solo, and the entire team going to one side happens so much that I think my time with Battleborn is coming to a close.

What's the deal with Meltdown and the entire team going to one lane? I always end up going to the other lane, and it's usually 1 v 3+... I just don't see the benefit of all 5 people going to one side, and leaving the other completely open... coming from something like DOTA makes me even more baffled.

I don't have any friends that bought Battleborn so I'm solo, and the entire team going to one side happens so much that I think my time with Battleborn is coming to a close.

Have you tried pushing the right stick to mark for help? Unfortunately in a bad team that shit happens a lot. Bad players think securing one lane will ensure a 50% chance of a one sided victory and it's annoying when in reality it never works out that way. I usually call for a surrender if I spot it and 90% of the time my team agrees cuz they finally realize that strategy never works. People are still learning how to MOBA.

So she'd be like every other melee character in the game? Wow, what a crazy concept! If I can get kills with every other melee character so can you. You still have access to a stun, and an ability that can pull people in while silencing them and slowing them. Which is something no other melee can do. No melee character should be able to sprint and attack at all.

She's not like every character though as she does significantly less damage and is also significantly slower. I play almost exclusively melee. I know how it works. Galilea is not fast enough to secure kills if she can't attack and Sprint. I'm sure that's why she can do it in the first place. The other melee are faster - they can catch up to an enemy.

Her slow does alleviate that but it's a level 9 ability.

Exile20

You are right, I played him all last night being a agressive and Marquis was destroying me, he is such a big target but little life.

Plus GBX needs to hurry with the patch, I am getting sick and tired of Marquis cheesing the turret on Overgrowth.

deoee

Galilea is seriously ruining the fun if you encounter her too often and in a premade team.

All of my friends that got the game yesterday are already complaining about this retarded champion...

Catabu

Neo Member
Galilea is seriously ruining the fun if you encounter her too often and in a premade team.

All of my friends that got the game yesterday are already complaining about this retarded champion...

This.

Galilea got features of a mixture of other Chars, does them all better than the other Chars, is way too tanky or does way too much damage.

If she is supposed to be a damage dealer, just compare her to Rath and see what's wrong with her. A Rath needs to be Really good to get away with the things galilea does while eating a sandwich. Rath doesn't really do more dmg, is life leech is nothing compared to her survivability and to have a stun you have to choose it lvl 1 and don't get one of the other 2 better ones and land your crossblade and your E.

If she is supposed to be a tank. Well, don't know any other tank with her level of cc and tankyness AND dmg.

Having her against you is just the definition of not fun and is kinda ruining the game for me.

Galilea and Miko combos are becoming an annoying trend. Gearbox needs to do something to her cuz you almost need the entire team to take her down when she's being healed by Miko.

deoee

This.

Galilea got features of a mixture of other Chars, does them all better than the other Chars, is way too tanky or does way too much damage.

If she is supposed to be a damage dealer, just compare her to Rath and see what's wrong with her. A Rath needs to be Really good to get away with the things galilea does while eating a sandwich. Rath doesn't really do more dmg, is life leech is nothing compared to her survivability and to have a stun you have to choose it lvl 1 and don't get one of the other 2 better ones and land your crossblade and your E.

If she is supposed to be a tank. Well, don't know any other tank with her level of cc and tankyness AND dmg.

Having her against you is just the definition of not fun and is kinda ruining the game for me.

She's just too easy to play and too strong for the level of understanding.

Oh also, the blocking mechanic is bullshit.
2000 dmg / 1000 dmg nullification? I don't know about this :|

Catabu

Neo Member
Galilea and Miko combos are becoming an annoying trend. Gearbox needs to do something to her cuz you almost need the entire team to take her down when she's being healed by Miko.
Oh right. Completely forgot what happens if a miko holds the right mouse button near her.

How do people have such high command ranks? Man, I feel like mine goes up relatively slowly :/

Can't figure out how to play Toby either haha

I find this happening to me alot and there isn't really much I can do to stop it without the whole team cooperating which doesn't always happen.

If I try to stop their combo alone I get wrecked, and if my team isn't willing to work together to prioritize stopping their combo my whole team just gets taken out by it 1 by 1.

How do people have such high command ranks? Man, I feel like mine goes up relatively slowly :/

I was curious about this too, I'm like rank 21 and I've put a lot of hours in. I don't know the exact number but I have to imagine its somewhere in the 15-20 hour range. Am I doing something wrong? I saw someone at rank 100 this morning and figured he had to have been playing nonstop since release.

I love Attikus, but boy is he hard work in competitive. Need a lot of practice and speed spec/gear, I think.

Edit: Also encountered a proper cheeky backdoor tactic on Overgrowth - Isic warping up the double Thrall ledges, then ulting sentries. We didn't react enough/in time, and he won them the game on points when we were putting up constant pressure. Fair play to him, and won't be falling for that again!

Mossybrew

Yeah I tried a couple rounds as Toby and had mediocre performance. Both times the other team had a Marquis and he is a huge pain in the ass for Toby. Sure I could hide behind my shield but it's gone quick and I found myself just hiding until it was up again. Wasn't very fun.

I was curious about this too, I'm like rank 21 and I've put a lot of hours in. I don't know the exact number but I have to imagine its somewhere in the 15-20 hour range. Am I doing something wrong? I saw someone at rank 100 this morning and figured he had to have been playing nonstop since release.

There are people who played many more hours. I played ~40 hours, and I'm sure there is people who played 70 hours at this point or more.

As Toby you either have to get out of Marquis' sight or annoy him with mines. Otherwise you can try to out snipe him. Toby's railgun at full charge through his shield barrier can bring down Marquis with three good shots.

Don't want to be annoying as I'm a junior and unaware of rules but does anyone want to play online? Steam ID is var5592
A guy I was seeing asked me to preorder and it's fun to play with friends but the jabronie left me so I've been having boring public matches and my friends don't want to buy this game.

Top Bottom