• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battleborn |OT| Multiplayer Online Bad-Ass Shooter

Glad to know that not even 12 hours after launch there are people telling others in game that they're terrible, suck, and shouldn't play anymore. The sign of a true MOBA.

arimanius

Glad to know that not even 12 hours after launch there are people telling others in game that they're terrible, suck, and shouldn't play anymore. The sign of a true MOBA.

To be fair I've been hearing that before the game launched too. lol

I'm still on the fence. I'll be watching a lot of streams and waiting for reviews before I decide to purchase it. I've always like Gearbox games and have dipped my toes into MOBAs before so this has peaked my interest.

I have a feeling a lot more people will get this game in the coming week. There was a lot of bad PR before launch that just wasn't correct. Game is super fun. Now finding a match at 7:15am PST launch day shouldn't be hard, however it has taken me 20 minutes so far!

As a perspective, Evolve had 28k concurrent players on Day 1.

Yikes.

I decided to put a little faith in this game and went ahead and bought it. Looks like my fears of a small player base might be justified. I wonder what they'll do to combat that...

Yikes.

I decided to put a little faith in this game and went ahead and bought it. Looks like my fears of a small player base might be justified. I wonder what they'll do to combat that...

hopefully not put out egregious amounts of paid DLC then re-release a $60 version the following year.

Gearbox also released a mobile game called Battleborn Tap. They said you can unlock exclusive stuff in the game for playing it.

Listonosh

Gave the beta a try and really didn't like it, gonna be curious to see if this game will have legs

This was my initial reaction, but I gave in regardless. I am immensely enjoying the single player stuff, just wish there were more than eight missions. To be fair, I only played three so far, but knowing there's only 8 is slightly disappointing.

I am really digging the characters though and their diverse gameplay. I'm worried that once the novelty of the single player wears off, I'll find myself with little to do since I'm not really a huge PvP player, but who knows.

I will say that the game fully advertises that the SP stuff can be played completely solo, and while the first two missions didn't give me any trouble, it wasn't until the third where you have to defend the points from waves, that I found myself failing multiple times. Has anyone else had trouble with this particular section playing solo? Or am I the only weirdo playing this by myself.

Moz

Really really poor PC performance on this for me. I've got a 1440p/165hz monitor with sli 970s and I can't seem to scrape more than around 50-60fps whatever settings I use. Geforce experience thinks I should be running the game in 1600x900 lol. What gives? I've set the framerate to unlimited of course.

Really really poor PC performance on this for me. I've got a 1440p/165hz monitor with sli 970s and I can't seem to scrape more than around 50-60fps whatever settings I use. Geforce experience thinks I should be running the game in 1600x900 lol. What gives? I've set the framerate to unlimited of course.

That's weird. I'm running at 2560x1600 on a single 970 and get a very smooth framerate. I think they released game ready drivers; did you try those? If not, maybe it's SLI related?

Phinor

That's weird. I'm running at 2560x1600 on a single 970 and get a very smooth framerate. I think they released game ready drivers; did you try those? If not, maybe it's SLI related?

I had a decent to good framerate in the beta at 2560x1440 with a single 970 but now with launch drivers I feel like the game runs worse, not significantly so but enough to notice the difference. Hmm. Mouse also seems sluggish although I have vsync off (well gsync) etc.

Feeroper

Hmm, trying to decide on a platform for this game - what do you think will have a more populous user base? PS4 or PC?

Hmm, trying to decide on a platform for this game - what do you think will have a more populous user base? PS4 or PC?

some have said the ps4 version has more technical issues/limitations but Overwatch is going to be huge on PC so i'm betting most dedicated players are going to stick to XB1 and PS4.

i have it for PC for better frame-rate and half the price ($32 on CDkeys.com)

Feeroper

some have said the ps4 version has more technical issues/limitations but Overwatch is going to be huge on PC so i'm betting most dedicated players are going to stick to XB1 and PS4.

i have it for PC for better frame-rate and half the price ($32 on CDkeys.com)

Oh really?

Perhaps I will get it for XB1 then. I had assumed the PS4 would be the better of the consoles.

I am definetly doing Overwatch on PC.

Menome

Okay, so the Beta Rewards key is half-broken. It doesn't always redeem properly so if it doesn't: Quit back to the title screen and go back and enter the code again.

Took me four attempts, but it got there in the end.

For anyone who's missed it so far:

SWKTB-356W6-XC5RJ-XK6T3-HJ333

Oh really?

Perhaps I will get it for XB1 then. I had assumed the PS4 would be the better of the consoles.

I am definetly doing Overwatch on PC.

oh i was assuming PS4 and PC were your only options. i think XB1 and PS4 are mostly identical but the big differences between consoles and PC are 30 FPS vs 60 FPS respectively.

i tried the beta on PS4 and just could not get used to 30 FPS after playing Overwatch for a couple months in the beta. but if population is your main concern, i really think the consoles will stay populated longer than PC. just a guess though.

So its taking 20 mins plus to get into games? (PS4) I haven't picked up my pre-order yet but if the game is dead on launch day I might skip, that's really disappointing because I enjoyed this beta more then Overwatch.

Feeroper

oh i was assuming PS4 and PC were your only options. i think XB1 and PS4 are mostly identical but the big differences between consoles and PC are 30 FPS vs 60 FPS respectively.

i tried the beta on PS4 and just could not get used to 30 FPS after playing Overwatch for a couple months in the beta. but if population is your main concern, i really think the consoles will stay populated longer than PC. just a guess though.

Yeah sorry, I should have clarified, I just want to have good population. I have a good PC that could easily run this game, but I am concerned about populations. Overwatch will have a good PC population for sure, but I have no idea about this one.

Technical performance wise, PC version is preferable of course. Maybe Ill just get that version in the end.

MihowZa

Banned
No but seriously the game is tied @ like 950 and instead of securing a base you run away for a kill while we are down 1 base to 2 :/

Karak

Man have been absolutely enjoying just jumping in with randoms for story missions. Its anarchy but the last 3 have been people getting ok, but not great. It was fun to see them pick up the ropes

Trigonx

It sucks when you finally got 10 people for a match and one guy bails at the last second so you got to wait for it to fill back up.

killroy87

I'm so close to letting curiosity get the better of me and pick this up. But I have such a big fear that even if it ends up decent, the community will be so small and short lived that I'll just get fucked in the end anyway.

I'm so close to letting curiosity get the better of me and pick this up. But I have such a big fear that even if it ends up decent, the community will be so small and short lived that I'll just get fucked in the end anyway.

It was a $10 reward game at BB and with GCU I get $10 off. Worth it I guess.

I am pretty worried about the community though.

30-second trailer for Battleborn Tap:

http://youtu.be/7k0US8ALKoM

Don't play mobile games these days, so I likely won't check it out. It's free though, so if you desperately need your Phoebe fix, it's there!

I'm playing it now and it's exactly what you'd expect from a Tap game: long grinds and endless tapping. The character sprites look nice. I'm only playing it to see if I could get any exclusive stuff for the main game like how Injustice did it.

I'm playing it now and it's exactly what you'd expect from a Tap game: long grinds and endless tapping. The character sprites look nice. I'm only playing it to see if I could get any exclusive stuff for the main game like how Injustice did it.

endless tapping? so like a cookie clicker sort of thing? i hate games that want me to feverishly tap but im all for tactical type gameplay.

Top Bottom