• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battleborn |OT| Multiplayer Online Bad-Ass Shooter

Exile20

some have said the ps4 version has more technical issues/limitations but Overwatch is going to be huge on PC so i'm betting most dedicated players are going to stick to XB1 and PS4.

i have it for PC for better frame-rate and half the price ($32 on CDkeys.com)

Don't believe this guy, Battleborn has close to 10,000 players in steam and it is continually rising quickly.

Don't believe this guy, Battleborn has close to 10,000 players in steam and it is continually rising quickly.

well yeah, it just came out lol, i was speaking at least a month or two out from now.

and i want the game to succeed too, im not damning it. was just giving my opinion on how i think the population will shake out.

Exile20

well yeah, it just came out lol, i was speaking at least a month or two out from now.

and i want the game to succeed too, im not damning it. was just giving my opinion on how i think the population will shake out.

PC gamers tend to be more dedicated than console players. OW is launching on PS4 also and it is going to be huge too.

If there was no OW on console maybe you would have a point.

I wonder if you compare games after 6 months between consoles and pc, what it would look like.

Hasney

It currently has about a third of Evolves day 1. I assume the worldwide peak based on US timezones will be in about 7 or so hours though.

daedalius

PC gamers tend to be more dedicated than console players. OW is launching on PS4 also and it is going to be huge too.

If there was no OW on console maybe you would have a point.

I wonder if you compare games after 6 months between consoles and pc, what it would look like.

Why do you have to bring Overwatch into your point? there are other games that will likely continue to have much higher viewership; CS, LoL, Dota, etc.

Exile20

Why do you have to bring Overwatch into your point? there are other games that will likely continue to have much higher viewership; CS, LoL, Dota, etc.

Did you even read the guy's post I was responding to? His point was that OW exist on pc and it is going to be huge so BB might not have a big install base. I countered with OW is also on console and PC tend to have a dedicated fanbase more than consoles do.

daedalius

Did you even read the guy's post I was responding to? His point was that OW exist on pc and it is going to be huge so BB might not have a big install base. I countered with OW is also on console and PC tend to have a dedicated fanbase more than consoles do.

I've read it now, and that is a good point; I think OW will be much bigger on PC. But it will probably have a decent sized following on console as well.

Feeroper

I expect OW will have the biggest crowd on PC simply because Blizzard has a lot of fans in the PC community due to their limited exposure on consoles - although D3 was a hit on consoles, but even still, I suspect that with such a large part of their fans via PC, it makes sense that OW would be really big there.

Battleborn doesn't have that same PC presence that Blizzard's games do (not meant in a bad way), so I think any of the 3 platforms could potentially have a big presence for Battleborn. I certainly like the performance perks of PC much better, but if the game is not as populous after a while, then I'd hesitate. I'm thinking of games like Star Wars Battlefront where the PC community is quiet comparatively, and obviously the Call of Duty games - consoles seem to be the most active communities with those.

Wasn't there some perks (however minor) exclusive to PS4 as well? Like a unique character if you played in the PS4 beta?

I just wish we could have cross platform play so this wouldn't be a consideration.

Anyone get the season pass through bestbuy? I just got a code from them but it's telling me it's invalid. Wondering if anyone else got the same result. (If so, I'm guess I have to wait til the store update to get it. If not though, I'm calling CS tomorrow. :\ )

Update on this in case anyone might have had the same problem, I indeed just had to wait til the PS Store updated to redeem it.

deadduck

PC gamers tend to be more dedicated than console players.

Utter rubbish.

BF4, Hardline and battlefront: more people playing on PS4 alone than PC. That number has also risen, while those dedicated PC players have dropped off the radar.

Feeroper

Is anyone here playing on PS4? Do we have any idea of what the current population looks like for multiplayer?

I see PC is sitting at 10,000 currently which isn't great, but still has potential to grow as the day goes on and over the next couple days.

Seems low though for right now compared to other games at a similar time on their initial launch day.

Dominator

Just played the first main story mission. That shit was long, took me an hour lol

Maybe it wouldn't have taken so long if I played with others but solo this might be a pretty long game for the story at least.

Wubbys

I can see where people have complaints if they play by themselves but his game is pretty damn fun with some friends :).

Wubbys

Also what is a good counter for master yi (sorry cant remeber his real name)? The assasin is a serious jerk sometimes!

Also what is a good counter for master yi (sorry cant remeber his real name)? The assasin is a serious jerk sometimes!

I wonder who the hell is master yi...
In any case, remember EVERY CHARACTER has a melee button. Not only melee characters. It's like a kind of slap, and it pushes back the enemies!! So yeah, use that against melee characters if you are a ranged character who has to run away from him.

Steel

Banned
I wonder who the hell is master yi...
In any case, remember EVERY CHARACTER has a melee button. Not only melee characters. It's like a kind of slap, and it pushes back the enemies!! So yeah, use that against melee characters if you are a ranged character who has to run away from him.

Not to mention that melees are a good finisher even for a ranged character. It does reasonable damage.

EnthronedReaper

Neo Member
Everyone complaining about the community needs to chill. Guaranteed you'll be finding matches on this for the next couple years. It ain't the next destiny but it's gonna keep us entertained for years to come. You can quote me on that

Ended up buying it just so I can try it out. Thank God for Steam refunds.

If I do end up liking it, though, does anyone have a PC code for the Firstborn DLC they don't want? If so maybe we could work something out. I feel like I'll end up keeping the game, though.

Played the prologue and a few Incursions this morning. Felt great.

Played mostly Miko cause I'm trying to unlock my BAE Reyna. Actually ran into a lot of people using their mics and playing smart.

Biggest tip I can give to people is to not overextend. Can't tell you how many times I've had a Rath chase me into a group of teammates and die instantly. This isn't a typical FPS. Play smart.

deoee

Dat feel when you destroy the enemy team as Phoebe early game but you have no CC so their Rath can do whatever he wants and kill everyone

jacobs34

Jumped in and played through the prologue and one story mission with randoms, the systems seem pretty straight forward and the story/dialogue left a lot to be desired. It didn't help that I was put on a team with no one on their mic. The game felt a little dead and boring.

I'm going to jump back on in about an hour and hopefully have more fun with some of the other missions. I'm guessing the competitive multiplayer is where the meat of the game is at.

sflufan

Banned
Utter rubbish.

BF4, Hardline and battlefront: more people playing on PS4 alone than PC. That number has also risen, while those dedicated PC players have dropped off the radar.

OK, perhaps the original phrasing should have been "PC gamers tend to be more dedicated than console gamers for GOOD multiplayer games" :p

Seventy5

Can anyone who played the PS4 beta comment on the retail performance? I only got to play about 10 minutes of the beta and it seems it had framrate issues, but I'm not positive. I will pick this up on my way home in 2 hours if the performance is solid enough. Thanks in advance.

Can anyone who played the PS4 beta comment on the retail performance? I only got to play about 10 minutes of the beta and it seems it had framrate issues, but I'm not positive. I will pick this up on my way home in 2 hours if the performance is solid enough. Thanks in advance.

The performance on ps4 is solid enough in my opinion.

daedalius

Seemed totally fine on xbone, so it must be better on ps4!

Menome

People weren't kidding when they said the Story missions were balanced for a team. Soloing it with a melee-based character is far tougher than it needs to be.

Top Bottom