• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3: Community: Europe

GGs guys, lots of fun.

Anyone know how the servers will work with B2K? Hopefully the servers don't have to be seperate like they had to be in BFBC2:Vietnam; would love to get 4 more awesome maps up in this server.

Some good games today.

I'm still trying to get my 300 points for flares on jets, between crashes, stingers and other pilots is being quite a pain, because I'm also learning...fuck you DICE, flares should be standard.

Yaska

Relaxed Muscle said:
Some good games today.

I'm still trying to get my 300 points for flares on jets, between crashes, stingers and other pilots is being quite a pain, because I'm also learning...fuck you DICE, flares should be standard.
Try to go to a smaller flight school server. I used those to get my flares and rockets. Then I started to survive whopping 15 seconds in air, instead of 5 :D

holdbrillanj

Neo Member
I have unlocked everything on the jet, and i have to admit unlocks give me to big of advantage. Here are some tips

1. Extinguishers are better than flares on the jet. It removes fire, and heals you up to 53%. Then auto repair kicks in and gives you 100% in about 10seconds out of combat.

2. Don't use heat seeker against other planes/choppers. Pretty much everyone has flares and the only thing you do is warning them you are on to them. 1 full burst of MG kills any plane/chopper.

3. To dodge enemy stingers, drive away from them, and do a loop or uturn when you think the missile is close. It will miss. It will also miss if you are behind a obstacle or are after burning against the stinger and quickly turn when you are close.

4. My tier 1 and 3 unlocks are guided missile and quicklock. (Second one is up for debate for me). The guided missile don't do that much damage (about the same as a law), however if you hit the vehicle from behind/topbehind you will do about 75% more damage, disabeling tanks in 1 hit and destroying others.

5. Don't join 64 player server to practice, its simply to much stingers, mobile aa and other people who want to fly. I recommend Kharg Island. Big air space, mountains to hide behind when you get locked and both sides has a friendly airspace with stationary AA so you can seek cover. Avoid canals like the plague, bugged skybox(it is however an excelent map to level your chopper skills).

6. Practice jet in BF2 :p

taranatar

Battlefield 3 - R6 Server Release
Oct 31 2011 11:33:53 by Deehem

We will be rolling out the latest server update for Battlefield 3 (R6) immediately. All BF3 services will be restarted to pick up these fixes.

Changes include:

- Fix for crashes usually occurring during level switches.

- Game servers should no longer quit in some situations where the online backend servers are down. Server will reconnect to the backend once it's up again.

- Fix for ghost servers which didn't accept connections.

- Kick reasons should better match situations where they are issued. This will help battlelog provide more accurate information to the player.

- Connection fixes to avoid players sometimes being rejected while joining the game server on one of the last slots.

ksimm

taranatar said:
Battlefield 3 - R6 Server Release
Oct 31 2011 11:33:53 by Deehem

We will be rolling out the latest server update for Battlefield 3 (R6) immediately. All BF3 services will be restarted to pick up these fixes.

Changes include:

- Fix for crashes usually occurring during level switches.

- Game servers should no longer quit in some situations where the online backend servers are down. Server will reconnect to the backend once it's up again.

- Fix for ghost servers which didn't accept connections.

- Kick reasons should better match situations where they are issued. This will help battlelog provide more accurate information to the player.

- Connection fixes to avoid players sometimes being rejected while joining the game server on one of the last slots.

Excellent, those crashes during level change were starting to annoy.

Getting SirPali and MK_4 with one RPG was the happiest moment of the few hours I played on the server tonight. Good games, but unfortunately I had a tough day so I was in a shitty mood (sorry to the many people I swore at, repeatedly!)

Fun playing with you kids. First time I've actually sat down and played with a group of Gaffers. I do believe I'll stick around. I promise to not stink the place up too much :lol

Virzeth

10 quids donated fot the cause, although I don't think there will be the need for reserved slots anytime soon - even if 10 pounds would've been enough, I've never seen more than 50 players together. </3

SLV

Anyone up for some flying practice right now ?
Im all alone in the server, and says it needs 1 more player to start :)

Zeppelin

Seems like the server has stopped reporting stats to Battlelog. :( It says "Battle Report no longer available" when I try to check the stats for my latest game.

Edit: Stats from that game seem to be up now.

Of course it's not safe to use it, you replace the EXE so they can pretty easily check it and I wouldn't be surprised if EA would ban you over it.

derdriu

WoodenLung said:
Of course it's not safe to use it, you replace the EXE so they can pretty easily check it and I wouldn't be surprised if EA would ban you over it.

hmmm Ok, thanks so much for the reply. I'll just have to live with the Origin spam so.

taranatar

Anyone about to get server started soonish?

Seems a lot harder to get it populated during the week. Much easier at weekends!

Rapstah

Is it on the Quickplay list? Will randoms who pick quick play have a chance of ending up on it? Because I seriously think that's needed at least during work days. We've been not a man over 15, mostly around 10 every evening now for the whole week.

blanky

Rapstah said:
Is it on the Quickplay list? Will randoms who pick quick play have a chance of ending up on it? Because I seriously think that's needed at least during work days. We've been not a man over 15, mostly around 10 every evening now for the whole week.

second that, it's kinda empty now :(

I had good fun with us just using air vehicles in that last game. Was good practice... and showed just how much I do suck with them!

I have to go out unfortunately, otherwise I would've kept going.

Foliorum Viridum said:
I had good fun with us just using air vehicles in that last game. Was good practice... and showed just how much I do suck with them!

I have to go out unfortunately, otherwise I would've kept going.

The thing for me is, that every time I tend to get a good session with an air vehicle, the round is at an end.

Fun games again, but never more than 10 people in. On a Friday night.

If it's not showing up on quick match etc it needs to or the server will die. US GAF server always hits 64 when people are playing.

I think its possible that when the server was changed to a 2-person minimum it got removed off of quick match. Any idea if this is the case or just my imagination?

BTW, the server is obviously going to include the B2K maps right?

taranatar

Yes it will have the B2K maps. I'll change the settings back so it will appear in quickmatch.
But you guys have to remember to get it going in the afternoons though :)

Its a shame making it 2 player start, stops the quickmatch settings.

taranatar

Changed some settings to make quick join work again, as checking the server logs since I changed it to start with less players we have been having alot less traffic in the evenings.

Also changed it back to one round rotation, 2 rounds per map was doing my head in.

taranatar said:
Changed some settings to make quick join work again, as checking the server logs since I changed it to start with less players we have been having alot less traffic in the evenings.

Also changed it back to one round rotation, 2 rounds per map was doing my head in.

So that's what crashed the server.

Rapstah

See, it's already up to 62/64. I guess this might lead to some gaffers not getting in but we can't have the server max out at ten people.

EDIT: It is still doing two rounds per map...?

I get :

Battle Report no longer available
Could not find the Battle Report in the Statistics engine

About this server every time I play, meaning I don't unlock anything. :/

Hmm maybe I do that as well, I see that I have gone one up in rank, just doesn't show on my profile in the newsfeed for whatever reason.

aranth

Some nice matches with a filled server, the way it's meant to be played™. Grand Bazaar with 10 is a great way to cheat the stats though, but ultimately boring with 2 rounds of each map and 300 tickets.

p.s. Donated 10£ for the server.

aranth said:
Some nice matches with a filled server, the way it's meant to be played™. Grand Bazaar with 10 is a great way to cheat the stats though, but ultimately boring with 2 rounds of each map and 300 tickets.

p.s. Donated 10£ for the server.

This 10 v 10 game wasn't bad at all, I don't know what you're talking about.

Now the previous game, which was 1v1 for a long time, then 3v3 for the majority was a huge stat/unlock boost. But Yaska and I have the excuse that we were waiting for the server to fill up and wanted to move the game onto the next map. :p

Kyaw

Great rounds tonight!

Got Ace Squad with Leetness and Prophet Steve in every round.

I'm thinking Caspian is a much better CQ map than Firestorm. Firestorm is too flat.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Kyaw said:
Great rounds tonight!

Got Ace Squad with Leetness and Prophet Steve in every round.

I hate you.

That last round where they split us up really twisted my balls.

Server is running full or almost full this entire time, must've been the 2 player start that got it removed from quick matchmaking.

Had some good games today, but my patchy wireless keeps disconnecting me. Might have to install a homeplug to solve that problem.

Virzeth

RibbedHero said:

Now the previous game, which was 1v1 for a long time, then 3v3 for the majority was a huge stat/unlock boost. But Yaska and I have the excuse that we were waiting for the server to fill up and wanted to move the game onto the next map. :p
Sure, sure, whatever you say. P:

Some crazy shit happened to me today on Caspian Border. I was finally able to destroy a jet with the tank main weapon (the guy tried to ram me with it) and I got my first road kill while piloting a jet (taking off from a rock near the Antenna after hitting a tree). The take off from Forest... did not go that well, honestly, but I didn't feel like leaving that fine F18 to waste.
It's great to see the server filled, and GOD I love this game. GreatGs.

taranatar

Ahh good that it sorted out the filling up problem. More then happy to put the slots down a couple of numbers if people thing 64 on a map is too crazy. Also ill check the map rotation again

RibbedHero said:

Dam nice for remembering of my awesome kill death ratio with that match.
really need to get a new mouse after 3 years of abuse getting thrown into my schoolback pack the buttons are fucked sometimes not registering or double clicking.
Any tips on a sub 30 euro mouse or something.

aranth

dragonelite said:
Any tips on a sub 30 euro mouse or something.

Logitech G500 should be around that. Avoid Razer, they're a complete pos and 75% fail within a year with the double click issue.

Top Bottom