• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkryhewy

I played a bunch of the campaign yesterday (360). Not sure how far along I am, but I'm really enjoying it. For a secondary part of the game that was ostensibly holding back review scores, I'm very pleasantly surprised.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
MrCompletely said:
Go to the news section of battlelog, scroll all the way to the bottom, configure your port forwarding as to their direction.
Shouldn't need to open ports for it to work.

Lanbeast

cdyhybrid said:
I can't get any points on the jet even when I don't get shot down. No one spots tanks so I can't find them to shoot.

I started a match in the plane yesterday on 360, and it wasn't until the end of the match ~25 minutes later that I finally died. Myself and a guy on the other team in their plane flew around dogfighting without being able to get each other below 50% the entire game. It was absolutely ridiculous.

It finally ended about 30 seconds before the match was over, when we ran into each other and I got a kill/suicide.

1stStrike

Banned
cdyhybrid said:
I think I'm going to just randomly spray at points the other team owns and hope I hit something.

I've tried that too, but your chances of actually hitting someone are pretty slim unless they're an idiot and are standing right out in the open.

I wonder if it's any better with a joystick - cause while it's easier to pilot with a controller then a keyboard, it's still a huge pain in the ass.

elseanio

ace3skoot said:
this time tomorrow thw UK and EU take to the battelfield and show you yanks whats what :) god i might just hybinate today

My PC version came today (from game) and I'm playing now :D No redirects or whatnot needed

The_Monk

To all of you playing already be advised, hug your Euro-Brothers in support!

JvPBvl.jpg

Almost here... But I'm expecting to arrive on Monday.

1-D_FTW

Cuban Legend said:
also, if the target it more than ~ 600-700 meters away then your lock speed decreases until you lose lock at about 700-800 meters

jets and choppers can avoid stinger lock if they fly near the ~1000 meter sky-box ceiling

Or use flares. Basically your 3 stingers are likely to net you absolutely nothing and by choosing that, you're going to be unarmed against the tanks.

I spent a few more hours playing multiplayer last night and I'm absolutely loving it. As a huge fan of BF:BC2's rush mode I'm finding a lot to like about BF3's version of rush. And yeah, every map is better than Metro.

I'll be honest, I never really got into the traditional Battlefield games. I owned 1942 and Vietnam but I didn't play them much, although I definitely see the appeal and understand why people loved them. However, I did play BF:BC2 extensively on PS3 and it's one of my favorite MP shooters of all time. The thing is, excluding the lack of goofy characters I can't find anything in BF3 that makes it look like it wouldn't have been just as well off with the name BF:BC3. Again, this isn't a bad thing at all from my perspective, just an observation.

I also started the campaign last night. It feels pretty linear and derivative but I'm still finding it to be a lot of fun because hey, I enjoy FPS campaigns!

BadTaste

It feels like there's a controller delay playing this on PS3. I'm using a sixaxis controller and there will be a movement in delay or any other action for about 0.8 seconds or so...

I tried plugging the controller too but it still persisted.

Samsung HDTV..

Anybody else with this "problem"?

The_Monk said:

http://i.imgur.com/JvPBvl.jpg[IMG]

Almost here... But I'm expecting to arrive on Monday.[/QUOTE]

My physical copy arrived on Wednesday morning here in the UK. Two days early!

From Tesco Entertainment if anyone was curious.

beastmode

so without warning now when I join a match my computer slowly gets to 100% RAM usage and chuggs to the point of unplayability after a minute or two

anyone got a fix?

red731

BadTaste105 said:
It feels like there's a controller delay playing this on PS3. I'm using a sixaxis controller and there will be a movement in delay or any other action for about 0.8 seconds or so...

I tried plugging the controller too but it still persisted.

Samsung HDTV..

Anybody else with this "problem"?

GAME mode on?

I have two year old samsung lcd and without it on it is crazy to play anything.

edit: For instance, when playing modnation racers, I must do stuff maybe one second earlier to do a perfect drift. Never play games on consoles without in set to ON.

1stStrike

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
Or use flares. Basically your 3 stingers are likely to net you absolutely nothing and by choosing that, you're going to be unarmed against the tanks.

Repair tool + mines if you can sneak well enough. I've managed to shoot down a lot of aircraft so far because most people either can't pilot well enough, or haven't been able to get any kills to be able to activate flares yet =P

Violater

I really wish they would fix the squad voip at leaset, this is pathetic.
Plus I can't seem to get VOIP to work any at all with the 7.1 headset.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
zlatko said:
I swear I'm not a shitty shot, but this game makes it impossible for me to hit anything. Whenever I DO get the drop on someone, and I unload on them and count somewhere around 7+ X's, they just 1 shot me.

I've run into obvious aim botters too. M249 across an entire map when I'm barely visible as a sniper/ Seriously? I'm kinda fucked with this game as the only thing I was decent at in BC2 and in this beta was sniping, but in the retail it's a joke. If I try to move around with my squad as Engineer I'm always the first gunned down even if I'm in the back.

I have no clue how people going 27+ with little to no deaths, but I'm guessing it's either 24/7 jet/heli, or they camp 1 spot the entire game.

Seriously can someone point me in the general direction of where all the shitty people are? I can't even scrape together 1.0 k/d on PC verison.

Maybe I should just give up. :/

Instead of giving up, perhaps you should try another class and see what you're missing out on.

Ikuu

As long as they don't try and get out of range you can fire a stinger and then it'll reload just as they use their flares. It's annoying that you need them to fly low and crash when disabled if you want any kills.

Wes

venison crêpe
The_Monk said:

JvPBvl.jpg

Almost here... But I'm expecting to arrive on Monday.

THIS MEANS NOTHING. I WANT IT IN MY PRECIOUS HANDS.

Ikuu

TSAGoodness said:
My code for the Karkand maps says "you have access to them when they're available" I haven't played online yet, are they not live yet?
Probably go live a week or two after CoD.

CozMick

Banned
red731 said:
Full BF3 on PSN?

Yeah, it becomes available tonight at 00:00bst

And if you purchase this weekend you get the Limited Edition which includes the Back to Karkand DLC when it becomes available, for free :)

BadTaste

red731 said:
GAME mode on?

I have two year old samsung lcd and without it on it is crazy to play anything.

edit: For instance, when playing modnation racers, I must do stuff maybe one second earlier to do a perfect drift. Never play games on consoles without in set to ON.

Can't find that mode in the menu on the TV :( time to find that manual...

WAIT, I found it. Time to test it out.

Holy shit it's way more smooth now, I've been playing all my other PS3 games with input lag all along too, and thought it was natural. What a dumbass.

Anyway thanks.

red731

CozMick said:
Yeah, it becomes available tonight at 00:00bst

And if you purchase this weekend you get the Limited Edition which includes the Back to Karkand DLC when it becomes available, for free :)

I just checked some links about it and the only things I've managed to find are the time when it goes live and the price.

I couldn't find anything about the size of the game...
Wait and check after it is on PSN I guess.

BadTaste105 said:
Can't find that mode in the menu on the TV :( time to find that manual...

WAIT, I found it. Time to test it out.

Holy shit it's way more smooth now, I've been playing all my other PS3 games with input lag all along too, and thought it was natural. What a dumbass.

Anyway thanks.

Let me know how it goes - and I know it will be better.

edit: Man, this is facepalm moment :D Well, all games will be better now.
You are input lag hero, fuck the mode that lowers it - HARDCORE!

GenericUser

tanks finally became a force to be reckoned with.

let alone the fact that you can use the zoom AND the mounted machine gun at once is a huge step forward for tank fans like me.

The Auto-heal - while unrealistic - fits perfectly. The engineer's repair skill is buffed like all hell. I did not count it, but i believe you can now heal like 3 or 4 times more the damage at once then you were able to repair in BFBC2. What I do not understand until now is when i sometimes constantly take damage although for seemingly no reasing, it (at least) seems that no one is shooting at me... . Its like I have 88% health and my health continues to drop and I have to get out of the tank, repair it to 100% and then everything seems ok. Maybe a glitch, dont know.

Dan Yo

Banned
zlatko said:
You caught me. All I'm doing is running around like rambo. You sir have opened my eyes.

For clarification I played a fair amount of BC2, and had no problems going positive in that game on PC as a sniper. I found nice spots, moved only if my position was given away, etc. It's not working here, and trying to move bit by bit or not at all as an Engineer isn't getting jack shit to happen no matter the game type.

Either everyone is super god like or I'm just that shitty. I swear I'm not running around like a jack ass.
I've noticed this as well going from Bad Company 2 to this game. People are absolute bullet sponges in this game and can take half a clip or even a full clip from certain distances without going down.

The ridiculously slow nature of unlocking better weapons and equipment in this game may be partly to blame.

Also, something needs to be done about the clipping in this game. I'm sick of people laying prone backed up against a wall so that half of their body is through the world and then they just appear like a small clump of debris or a small box on the ground, making them virtually impossible to detect until you've been killed by them.

cdyhybrid said:
Do flares regenerate every 10 seconds or something? It's taking me 6 or 7 Stinger missles to take down a simple Little Bird. Ridiculous.

Stingers do seem virtually worthless. You seem to need 3 engineers working in tandem just to take down one bird.

My question is: do pilots know when a missile has been launched? In BF2 you'd wait for lock-on, at which point the pilot would launch his flares, and then you'd fire your missile. But now I see most pilots not popping flares until you actually fire the missile - you can't fool them anymore. Or are they just being more observant?

Nuborn

RibbedHero said:
My physical copy arrived on Wednesday morning here in the UK. Two days early!

From Tesco Entertainment if anyone was curious.

lucky SOB, mine dispatched from there on wednesday, bet it won't be here until next week now

Kyaw said:
I don't dump flares when some fool lock on to me.
Only when the rocket is fired, will i dump the flares.

So to my question above - do you get any sort of extra indication or tone when the missile is actually fired, or are you just visually noticing it?

Wazzim

Banned
DoctorWho said:
It would be twice the size if this was the 90s. It would also come with a giant manual.
I still have a couple of those 90's PC games.

But seriously, the packaging is pretty cool and it was cheaper than any DD version too.

mujun

I've got a major problem. 360 version. Can't play the campaign, endlessly goes from the loading screen to the train intro sequence (about 5 seconds) over and over. Even tried installing it but no luck. Is this a common problem? Any known fix?

Kud Dukan

Finally won a game of 64-player Conquest on Metro last night as the Russian side (or whatever the side is that always loses on that map). We were behind in ticket's for most of the game, but we managed to even it out around 20-20, and were able to sneak out a win! We were shocked when we won, considering we had spent the opening of the match jokingly saying "Ready to lose?" to each other.

Ryuuga

Banned
MrOogieBoogie said:
Instead of giving up, perhaps you should try another class and see what you're missing out on.
Gotta agree with this, I didnt find my sweet spot until I tried all the classes in BC2. Ive been sticking with enginers ever since but Im always looking to branch out for a challenge. Also I ignored my K/D ratio and put more importance on fufulling my class role. You may not get the most kills but youll certainly net a lot of points while leading the team to victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom