• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divius

ace3skoot said:
this time tomorrow thw UK and EU take to the battelfield and show you yanks whats what :) god i might just hybinate today
You know you don't have to wait and can already play, right?

zlatko

Banned
Alright. Thanks for the replies guys. I'll keep experimenting with guns, and I'll probably have to try assault and support more as well.

I definitely want to enjoy this game, because the games when I'm working with people, and we're holding areas down or pushing objectives is a blast. Most of my fun was on the GAF server and 1 game I had earlier today. Hopefully it's just launch woes that are giving me troubles with some hit detection.

Also, now that I updated punk buster earlier tonight like it was recommend on here, I can no longer find games. Quick match won't even get me into one that I can stay in for more than 30 seconds before it will kick me out.

; ;

spk

zlatko said:
Alright. Thanks for the replies guys. I'll keep experimenting with guns, and I'll probably have to try assault and support more as well.

I definitely want to enjoy this game, because the games when I'm working with people, and we're holding areas down or pushing objectives is a blast. Most of my fun was on the GAF server and 1 game I had earlier today. Hopefully it's just launch woes that are giving me troubles with some hit detection.

Also, now that I updated punk buster earlier tonight like it was recommend on here, I can no longer find games. Quick match won't even get me into one that I can stay in for more than 30 seconds before it will kick me out.

; ;
You can switch back to older files to play until things are sorted out

1- delete the BF3 folder in C:/users/name/appdata/local/punkbuster/
2- uninstall the pb service using pbsvc.exe in your BF3 folder
3- delete pb folder in BF3 directory, replace with http://www.users.on.net/~kegsta/pb.rar
4- reinstall pb service

I'm unlocking recon tree first, no playtime with other classes so can't comment on those but i generally avoid meatgrinders.

Take indirect approach. I prefer familiar paths in every map so i have general feel where enemy is.
Use beacon. Most deaths occur near capture points where you normally spawn.
TUGS gives you winning edge when you have to defend yourself/ cap with pistol. ( i still get knifed alot haha :(

Also don't fancy bipods and silencers if you are just starting, makes you slower and weaker imo

DarkFlow

Banned
cdyhybrid said:
Do flares regenerate every 10 seconds or something? It's taking me 6 or 7 Stinger missles to take down a simple Little Bird. Ridiculous.
Just lock on, let them dump a flare, wait then Boom, bye bye birdie.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Did dice screw with the 12g slug since beta? It feels, just bad.

I need to find a new class since recon seems so dumb, no one even knows what a soflam is and using it to target vehicles is a waste of time. Maybe i will become an assault bum, spamming the air with my fancy gun.

Facism

ermmmmmm.

I cancelled my preorder with game.co.uk a few nights back, and it's confirmed cancelled in my accounts page. however, they've still posted me a copy of the game :/ No money has been taken from my account.

Guess i'll contact them and tell them to take the money from my account?

Hixx

MNC said:
except that physical copies won't be delivered until tomorrow :/

I got mine today. God bless e-tailers.

Also people weren't kidding about janky aiming on PS3. Acceleration seems totally out of whack.

vazel

Banned
Oh gawd I kept trying to play in a jet and kept getting shot down. I was figuring out issues I was having with my Logitech joystick. I wish there was a jet practice mode so I wouldn't have had to go through that. Reddit had a Flight School server which I used to practice helicopters but it was no longer up.

Kyaw

DarkFlow83 said:

I don't dump flares when some fool lock on to me.
Only when the rocket is fired, will i dump the flares.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
DarkFlow83 said:
Only works on people stupid enough to use there flares before the missile is in the air.

hitoshi

Facism said:
hey guys i only have a code for the weapon bonuses in my box? where's the code for Karkand?

Its included in the Online Pass redeem code on Xbox 360, LE edition - basically you get 2 content for 1 code

alba

Little is the new Big
WoodenLung said:
I got my physical warfare code from EA and entered it. Said it redeemed it but nothing downloaded or anything, is it properly applied?

I got the same problem except I got "next > next" this code was already redeemed T__T

Dina

DarkFlow83 said:

It doesn't always relock, especially in the AA tank with Stinger missiles.

That said, it's often a fun little game, but good pilots don't dump flares straight away. They fly away from the zone and do it if the sound persists for a few seconds.

CoolS

So, I ordered now from amazon.co.uk. Still getting the limited and some skins, though I doubt I need them. Sadly I won't be able to play this for a couple of weeks till I have my new PC :(

But I'm ordering all games from UK from now on. Nothing censored (Germany here) and I save like 15€ on BF3

Kyaw

So i manually updated my PB client the way Cuban has posted and the server admin still kicks me and i get disconnected from servers too.

Divius

Daigoro said:
havent played it yet, but im 100% positive that there is. (how could there not be?)
Well, the all-/team-/squad-talk buttons didn't do anything and yelling in my mic also yielded no results :(

Ryuuga

Banned
Kyaw said:
So i manually updated my PB client the way Cuban has posted and the server admin still kicks me and i get disconnected from servers too.

Yeah, no point in playing at the moment. The moment you get a kill or get killed you'll be kicked. I guess we'll have to wait until the server admins update their damn server.

alba

Little is the new Big
Also, anybody has any luck editing BF3's config manually? The in-game one is a pain in the ass and I'd rather not have to deal with it ;(

Facism

thanks for the messages about karkand. After i redeemed the cd-key it gave me a notice of everything that comes with the key. Karkand is in the list. Cheers.

dk_

I can't get past the first QTE with the 360 controller in the pc version. The notifier says LMB, but R-Trigger doesn't work.

WTF?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Kyaw said:
I get kicked every 20minutes regardless of updating PB, had issues like this in beta and they haven't done a thing.

Kyaw

parasight said:
How do you actually lock-on to things with the Stinger?

Notsureifserious.jpg

You just aim down the sights and have the target within the aiming view.
It will lock on with the sound and when the tone is continuous, fire.

Kyaw said:
Notsureifserious.jpg

also, if the target it more than ~ 600-700 meters away then your lock speed decreases until you lose lock at about 700-800 meters

jets and choppers can avoid stinger lock if they fly near the ~1000 meter sky-box ceiling

CoolS said:
So, I ordered now from amazon.co.uk. Still getting the limited and some skins, though I doubt I need them. Sadly I won't be able to play this for a couple of weeks till I have my new PC :(

But I'm ordering all games from UK from now on. Nothing censored (Germany here) and I save like 15€ on BF3

Another Gaffer said that the UK costs are so low because of the intense competition we have between retailers, especially the supermarkets. Makes games super cheap, for example I got BF3 from Tesco Entertainment online for £23. Love it.

parasight

Kyaw said:
Notsureifserious.jpg

I'm almost sure I've tried this. I've never got any sound or visual notification that it was actually locking on. I'll try it again.

Ikuu said:
I get kicked every 20minutes regardless of updating PB, had issues like this in beta and they haven't done a thing.
Go to the news section of battlelog, scroll all the way to the bottom, configure your port forwarding as to their direction.

CoolS

RibbedHero said:
Another Gaffer said that the UK costs are so low because of the intense competition we have between retailers, especially the supermarkets. Makes games super cheap, for example I got BF3 from Tesco Entertainment online for £23. Love it.

Yeah, it's really a big diffeence compared to here in mainland Europe. I paid ~41€ now including shipping, while here I would have payed at least 55€.

spk

MrCompletely said:
Go to the news section of battlelog, scroll all the way to the bottom, configure your port forwarding as to their direction.
Why would anyone need to open 10,000 ports

1stStrike

Banned
cdyhybrid said:
I can't get any points on the jet even when I don't get shot down. No one spots tanks so I can't find them to shoot.

I need 1 kill to unlock flares on the jets and, even using a PS3 controller to fly, I can't orient myself exactly behind another jet in the perfect spot to be able to shoot my gun at them... and there's no way to hit anything on the ground.

What the hell =\

cdyhybrid

1stStrike said:
I need 1 kill to unlock flares on the jets and, even using a PS3 controller to fly, I can't orient myself exactly behind another jet in the perfect spot to be able to shoot my gun at them... and there's no way to hit anything on the ground.

What the hell =\

I think I'm going to just randomly spray at points the other team owns and hope I hit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom