• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
FlyinJ said:
I bought this via direct2drive. Is it a good idea to download it through their site, and then somehow integrate it with Origin (D2D is much faster than Origin for me)? Or is it like a steam game where you download the whole thing, and then when you go to install it Steam re-downloads the entire game again?
I downloaded 10 gigs on Amazon then it wouldn't install on origin. I ended up redownloading 11 gigs on origin afterwards. Also it seems like it didn't install punkbuster so cant play multiplayer at the moment. Fml

Wait, does exiting before the next round starts not save your stats of the previous round? FFFFFFUCK I unlocked a ton of shit and now have to do it over again.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I love this game so much.

Some of the Rush maps are really difficult to advance as attackers.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Red Blaster said:
Wait, does exiting before the next round starts not save your stats of the previous round? FFFFFFUCK I unlocked a ton of shit and now have to do it over again.

Really? ok that fucking sucks.

Single player is so shit two levels in.

What a misleading trailer. To think I entertained the thought DICE might touch IW in the SP department. I'm going to keep going, but it's just dull right now.

Also, I have two gripes:
1) Obscene amount of lens flare at times. Really distracting.
2) Why can't I bind my mouse 4 and mouse 5 buttons? So stupid. I'll have to look for a way around that.

Other than the boring SP and those issues, it looks great and with everything on Ultra (4xaa, 4xaf, SSAO) it's not dropping below 40fps. Impressive. (6950 2gb, 8gb RAM, 955 @ 4ghz)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Genesis Knight said:
So it's confirmed that console players don't get the base jump?

No, 360/PS3 do get the base jump (more like free fall off a cliff. You don't even need to "jump") on that map. But only in Rush.

Keasar

Wthermans said:
I really hope this is a joke....

http://i55.tinypic.com/2vhwyzl.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
That is worrying, so you HAVE to go through the tunnel in order to get to the points in the back? How will Operation Metro look then? Do they honestly expect to cram 64 players down in those tight tunnels?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Foliorum Viridum said:

What a misleading trailer. To think I entertained the thought DICE might touch IW in the SP department. I'm going to keep going, but it's just dull right now.

Also, I have two gripes:
2) Why can't I bind my mouse 4 and mouse 5 buttons? So stupid. I'll have to look for a way around that.

Other than the boring SP and those issues, it looks great and with everything on Ultra (4xaa, 4xaf) it's not dropping below 40fps. Impressive. (6950 2gb, 8gb RAM, 955 @ 4ghz)
2 levels in? I will be the judge but maybe after 5-7 levels. I appreciate all the visual presentation and immersion too. Game play is important but BF is still an MP game :p

Foliorum Viridum said:

Also, I have two gripes:

Other than the boring SP and those issues, it looks great and with everything on Ultra (4xaa, 4xaf, SSAO) it's not dropping below 40fps. Impressive. (6950 2gb, 8gb RAM, 955 @ 4ghz)

2, I can on the mx 518

LiquidMetal14 said:
2 levels in? I will be the judge but maybe after 5-7 levels. I appreciate all the visual presentation and immersion too. Game play is important but BF is still an MP game :p
It might get better, but so far the scripting has been really dull.

This leads me to believe it will be that way for the rest of the game, because those levels should've been exciting as hell.

Back to the game!

LiquidMetal14

Foliorum Viridum said:
It might get better, but so far the scripting has been really dull.

This leads me to believe it will be that way for the rest of the game, because those levels should've been exciting as hell.

Back to the game!
Keep us posted. May be it's worth playing just for the graphics :p

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
GK86 said:
I know your pain all too well.

That's why for ultra hyped games I always go with somewhere I can get it at midnight. Unpredictability of UPS is worth spending a little extra.

J-Rzez

Slayer-33 said:
Dollar for dollar a 6950 is the best card to get guys?

I really wanted to get an Nvidia card this time around because of phyx but heh..

The 2gb 560ti maybe a Nvidia possibility for you. They're about $270-280 with a factory $10 mail in rebate.

vaelic said:
question. my overclocked 5850 is peaking at 70c during BF3 play. is that ok?

What kind of performance are you getting with your 5850? Can you post your rig and the average fps you're getting? Thanks.

LiquidMetal14

J-Rzez said:
The 2gb 560ti maybe a Nvidia possibility for you. They're about $270-280 with a factory $10 mail in rebate.
I would advise him to go 6950 if he can find one to flash into a 6970

Red Blaster said:
Getting some nasty lag on the 64 player servers
Hopefully will be sorted in due time. I have a GARBAGE connection and was very pleased with the beta.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
GOOD

Patrick Bach: We will focus on expansion packs. It's not map packs. Map packs can be great, but it's only if you're done with the maps but the game is perfect. That's not how we see it. We want to evolve the game and show you different angles - here are some weapons, vehicles, new persistent stuff, new dog tags. We don't want to only give you new maps so we can keep the new stuff for later games. We want to give you more and more and more. We want to expand the game, not only add to it in one dimension. That's one area we think we can do more than what we've seen with other games.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
SephCast said:
That's why for ultra hyped games I always go with somewhere I can get it at midnight. Unpredictability of UPS is worth spending a little extra.

Yeah, very true. But their $20 credit was too tempting to pass up. In any regards, I won't have internet up until wed night anyway.

Makes me feel a little better :(

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
MaritalWheat said:
Windows 7 64, HD 5870, i7, 8 GB ram. It's a laptop and I've heard of issues with updating the video drivers so I still have the default ones, never not worked for anything though (I run BFBC2 fine).
Oddly, I was able to play one beta game...the game launched, it ran fine. Any time I relaunched the beta since, I would not be able to join (the .exe would show under processes, then disappear). Googling told me others had the same problem, and there was no fix. I said fuck it, they'll get it for the actual game...and apparently not. Any insight?

So you don't even have the latest BF3-specific drivers? That's the first thing I'd get straightened out if I were you.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
sparky2112 said:
BF3 designed for teamwork confirmed.

Yea, I got to play with some GAFer's earlier today it was a much better experience then playing with these randoms to treat every game like TDM

Euro gaf on any specific server atm?

Also, is it me or have loading times got worse?

The littlebird and Russian counterpart aren't nearly as nimble as I thought they'd be, BF2 spoiled me.

LiquidMetal14

Metalmurphy said:
lolol...

Haven't been able to finish a single game.

Suddenly drop out of the game and "connection timed out"
I have that happen 1 time out of like maybe 30 games I went through in the beta. I hope my junk connection can cope.

mcrae

just unlocked it with these instructions:

1. Run/Login to Origin
2. Run Internet Explorer
2a. Internet Options
2b. Connections Tab
2c. Lan Settings
2d. Check the proxy box and input 211.53.208.28 into the IP box and 3128 into the Port.
2e. Save
3. Run BF3 via Origin (a date verification will run)
4. Once the verification is done go back to IE and disable the proxy so your internet traffic is not routed through it. If you do not disable it you risk your own security.
5. Play BF3

worked easy as pie

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
subversus said:

I don't mind that. But I honestly want more maps. 9 is a bit anemic, but better than BC2's... 6-7 at launch and the various rotation/configs of those.

Just give me a remake of Arica, Port Valadez, Cold War, and Deconstruction, DICE.

HotHamWater said:
Euro gaf on any specific server atm?

Also, is it me or have loading times got worse?

The littlebird and Russian counterpart aren't nearly as nimble as I thought they'd be, BF2 spoiled me.

The loading times has gotten way worse. :/

Some of the conquest maps really got some terrible chokepoints, especially that grand bazzar map got one point that is just really shitty. Also the rain in it is really annoying me already.

Oh shit!

The AN/PEQ-1 SOFLAM allows the Recon soldier to designate enemy vehicles for precision strikes. The SOFLAM is semi-autonomous and will designate targets even when unattended.

Really curious to see how this works.

tn2007

Anyone playing the PC version with a controller? I was trying to play it with the xbox controller but the buttons for the QuickTime events won't work! Someone please help me find a solution because I am recovering from a torn bicep tendon and can only play with a controller for now.

kitch9

Banned
Red Blaster said:

I think it will show up later once the server you played on updates the main server.

Megasoum said:
No base jump on CONQUEST console. You do get it during the second set of MCOMs in Rush though... That's why I'm wondering if it's included in the 64 player version of the conquest map.
HYfpw.jpg

WoodenLung said:
The loading times has gotten way worse. :/

Some of the conquest maps really got some terrible chokepoints, especially that grand bazzar map got one point that is just really shitty. Also the rain in it is really annoying me already.

How the hell do CQ maps have chokepoints? Ugh. I fear the worst.

Roche

Damn the beta was really a poor indicator of the final game's quality. I mean I expected it to be better but not nearly THIS much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom