• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

Digital Limit said:
Navy? That's Spec Ops camouflage.
My bad was only looking at the pictures and I assumed it was that one cause of the darker shades, didn't know there was another dark camo.

Woorloog

Banned
SapientWolf said:
How is waiting for B2K going to help you get unlocks and find good squads?
It doesn't except there are new weapons to earn (assuming they they need to be unlocked) and i might gain back my will to try to tolerate idiotic team mates. Besides, people will be trying to learn the maps again (on consoles, consoles probably have far more new-to-the-series players than on PC) and i might gain an edge that way.
And with luck, i will get team mates who actually know how to play the next time i play, though my chances of getting a beta invite to SWTOR are better :/

Binabik15

Kak.efes said:
- Auto loader instead of maintenance is pretty huge, especially if a tank gets the jump on you.
- Guided shell works without SOFLAM, but SOFLAM allows you to lock onto helicopters, and jets, something you otherwise couldn't do. It also allows you to track, and hit targets that move behind cover on the ground.
- Thermal vision is by far the best unlock for tanks, I snipe infantry from miles away with my HMG.
I need to practice with the hmg, it's reaaaslly slow. With the lmg I can kill guys in less than a second.

Half of my big tank game I was talking about I had the autoloader, but it didn't feel that much quicker. Anybody meassured the load time?

Finally got the explosives perk in that game, too.

PS: might be because I'm usually in close combat and I don't havev the ACOG, but I'm not floored by the Scar. It's super slow and has a small mag.

I'm trying hard, real hard to have fun with the recon class but I don't. Thus far i've had a heck of a run as an engineer and just started to dabble the support class, finally unlocked the 240b, I like it.

But DAMN the recon class is really boring. How / where do you guys find the fun with it? got the sv98 and the balistic scope. I spot for the team, don't like to stand in one spot... so I TRY to give some sort of cover for the squad / team that advance on the next flag.

DTKT

The_Squirrel_Menace said:
I'm trying hard, real hard to have fun with the recon class but I don't. Thus far i've had a heck of a run as an engineer and just started to dabble the support class, finally unlocked the 240b, I like it.

But DAMN the recon class is really boring. How / where do you guys find the fun with it? got the sv98 and the balistic scope. I spot for the team, don't like to stand in one spot... so I TRY to give some sort of cover for the squad / team that advance on the next flag.

They are pretty terrible at anything but MAV/SOFLAM support.

BC2 recon were great for offensive task with the C4. Note that sniper rifles were still 1HK under something like 30 meters.

Now, don't even bother. They really nerfed them.

I have a lot of fun using the PDW-R when playing recon. I can't stand using the sniper guns, it is way too boring. Stick with your squad, lay down good respawn beacons and throw down the motion detector in key areas and you will find the class a lot more enjoyable. Recon =/ laying around sniping. I find that the recon players that focus on laying around and sniping usually suck and don't help out the team at all.

MrBig said:
What is up with Helo and Jets randomley shaking and losing control without being shot at/taking damage

I dunno if we're talking about the same thing, but there's also the effect where heavy Mg fire (usually caused by AA guns) causes you to veer out of control, and that seems to be deliberate.

icechai

It just depends on how much you like sniping. You follow your team to the objective or hallway area, stay back and spot, then snipe. My other class is support but there's nothing quite like a headshot far away on someone who's trying to shoot down teammates. Yes I get less points and k/d is worse than support, but it is definitely fun (and will be more fun once they buff the pistols so I don't run around and pop 3 shots into a surprised guy only to be gunned down a second later).

Just got the M40A5, which seems better than the SV98. But the M98B seems like it will be awesome... in 40k points.

mcrae

Spl1nter said:
drivers?

gpu temp?

drivers are from halloween, and actually improved my fps from 20-30 to 30-60 depending on the area.. gpu temp is at ~60..

the odd thing about my gpu is the only information i can find out it is that it is amd 7000 series... but i should be able to see if it is a 6750 or 6770

Damnit.

I know a solid chunk of my buddylist is going to be jumping onto COD tonight, what with the launch hype and everything.

I guess I could see myself joining them for awhile, but I'm pretty addicted to the large-scale, strategic battles of BF.

I love this game too much to leave. :(

njean777

Its just a playstyle thing I guess, I prefer sniper to any other class since I am in full control of where the bullet lands. With assault, engineer, and support you have the control of the weapon somewhat but unless you tap the trigger you have no control where the bullets will land.

Also I dont like dying over and over and over again, I like to take out people from a distance so that could be another reason.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me

I just don't play sniper. I use the semi-autos with a short to midrange scope or all-kit weapons and work it like that. There's also the support actions, of designating SOFLAM targets and spotting via the MAV, which btw, is a load of fun. You can see where your team is headed and then find out what's ahead. It's so much more useful than the motion sensor balls ever were. The main downside is that it doesn't have a very good points per minute, but it's still a real thrill flying above, maneuvering, and designating targets.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Wow, MW3 has taken a massive toll. Three games in a row I have lost on a team short at least three gamers. Game has really gone to the shitter today.

So is people really telling me that no one has tried the new AMD drivers yet?

And Chittagong, of course the DAY of MW3's release everyone is going to be playing MW3... I'm about to go and pick up my copy now...

I'm still going to be playing primarily BF3, but it's good to have options :)

Will be SO weird to play with LAZERZ!

Foliorum Viridum said:
God, Seine is awesome. So awesome.

It joins Caspian, Bazaar, Kharg and Firestorm in the "great" category. 5 is pretty sad, but still.

I hate Seine on Conquest... it becomes a clusterfuck mess in the first 5 minutes and doesn't get un fucked forever.

Wholly shit... I just checked the BF3 Aussie severs... pretty much every server has been packed full since launch.

Today, the servers are a virtual GRAVE YARD, seriously - there seems to be maybe 5 active servers. MW3 really has sucked everyone away.

BUT, I'm sure it's just a first day thing. I'm off to get my copy now.

ColonialRaptor said:
I hate Seine on Conquest... it becomes a clusterfuck mess in the first 5 minutes and doesn't get un fucked forever.

Yes I really don't like it either. Just sniping from inside buildings or run out and get killed all the time without a chance.

aznpxdd said:
Bazaar, Metro and Seine are awesome for infantry warfare. I love racking up the kills/revives on those maps :)

They aren't bad as long as your not playing them with 64p hehe. Metro though has to be played with a real small player base no matter what IMO.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Has DICE said anything about patching the PS3 controls? Did they acknowledge there is an issue in the first place?

You know....

I think DICE have been kind of smart. I think the KARKAND expansion is a good idea to bring people BACK after MW3. They'll let MW3 come out, then release KARKAND maybe a couple of weeks later to bring the attention back to BF3.

BRILLIANT.

it would have been very smart for DICE to release a patch to fix a lot of the complaints before the MW3 launch. They missed a good opportunity to keep a lot of people who were on the fence to stick with it instead of jumping ship.

mr_nothin

Banned
ColonialRaptor said:
Wholly shit... I just checked the BF3 Aussie severs... pretty much every server has been packed full since launch.

Today, the servers are a virtual GRAVE YARD, seriously - there seems to be maybe 5 active servers. MW3 really has sucked everyone away.

BUT, I'm sure it's just a first day thing. I'm off to get my copy now.
Yea, it's been a graveyard all day BUT I"M the 1 who's crazy when I said it earlier. It's not because of work/school...it's not like the game was released this past weekend.

MW3 has taken a HUGE chunk out of the BF3 crowd. Now all that's left to do is to see who all comes back to BF3 and who sticks with MW3. (Yes I do know that ppl can play 2 games at once but majority dont like to jump between 2 fps's that are so diff)

DTKT

ColonialRaptor said:
You know....

I think DICE have been kind of smart. I think the KARKAND expansion is a good idea to bring people BACK after MW3. They'll let MW3 come out, then release KARKAND maybe a couple of weeks later to bring the attention back to BF3.

BRILLIANT.

Heh. It doesn't offer anything different than the base game. I don't think it's going to bring back anyone who actually switched to MW3.

mcrae

ColonialRaptor said:
So is people really telling me that no one has tried the new AMD drivers yet?

And Chittagong, of course the DAY of MW3's release everyone is going to be playing MW3... I'm about to go and pick up my copy now...

I'm still going to be playing primarily BF3, but it's good to have options :)

Will be SO weird to play with LAZERZ!

if you';re referring to the ones released on .. i think it was the 29th? or 30th? then yeah im using them, gave me a boost from 20-30fps to 30-60 fps. though im probably not a good test case, 12gb memory, 6790 video card, and i5-750 2.66 are netting me said 30fps on all low settings

mr_nothin said:
Yea, it's been a graveyard all day BUT I"M the 1 who's crazy when I said it earlier. It's not because of work/school...it's not like the game was released this past weekend.

MW3 has taken a HUGE chunk out of the BF3 crowd. Now all that's left to do is to see who all comes back to BF3 and who sticks with MW3. (Yes I do know that ppl can play 2 games at once but majority dont like to jump between 2 fps's that are so diff)

The game shipped 10 mil copies, it's going to stay healthy player base wise for a long time. Many are going to leave no doubt, but still it's already looking to be the most successful BF game in the franchise

Support may now be my favorite class. I just played a few matches with the class and was top scorer every match. I kept getting streaks of kills. Still finding myself trying to get used to Recon class. I completely suck at sniping compared to in BC2. I don't know if I'm just choosing the wrong times to use it, or just the controls I still need to get used to(ps3).

MustacheBandit_ said:
it would have been very smart for DICE to release a patch to fix a lot of the complaints before the MW3 launch. They missed a good opportunity to keep a lot of people who were on the fence to stick with it instead of jumping ship.

MW3 will have issues too. Anymore, no MP runs flawlessly at launch.

MrBig said:
What is up with Helo and Jets randomly shaking and losing control without being shot at/taking damage

I think its supposed to be turbulence. It only seems to do it when my air speed is slow while trying to shoot.

mr_nothin said:
I wonder if telemetry stats let you guys at DICE know about this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYh8KAel798&feature=player_embedded#!

50-100k points a game easy!

Funny to see boosting in your Battlefeed from this
lol.gif

.nimrod said:
Can you make a screenshot?
It could be z-fighting at long distances due to insufficient precision of the depth-buffer if you get that with the 8x-12x scopes.

Interesting
It flickers green for me on 360. And now that you mention it, it really only occurs when I'm using one of the scopes you mention. I hope they can fix it.

So I clicked the BF3 icon on my desktop, I put the password on Origin prompt window and when it tried to load Battlelog page it says:"Too many failed attempts, session blocked".

I put again the e-mail and password and log in without problems.

So it's just a bug or should I be scared?.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm not sure wtf is happening...happened twice so far. Since yesterday, after playing a game of BF3 and looking at battlelog stats... my screen went black. Completely black, like my video card wasn't detected anymore(even had the "Analog" blinking at the top left corner). I have to reboot my computer to get it back to normal and i dont seem to have any data error on my windows event log...except when i was forced to shutdown my computer with the power button. =/ I still have the latest nvidia drivers.

Never happen to me while actually playing the game, or even playing another game. Is it pure coincidence or is my video card starting to give up or some other shit?

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
Is it possible to configure the wired X360 controller so i can fly jets and helis with it while playing w/ kb&m when on foot?

ii Stryker said:
MW3 will have issues too. Anymore, no MP runs flawlessly at launch.

I don't know where this thinking comes from that MW3 is going to work perfectly the day it launches. Obviously none of these people played MW2 at launch. Either that or they have short term memory.

Chittagong

Gold Member
jesus christ DICE is *really* determined to push me to buy MW3 today.

First the uneven teams due to the lack of players, team of 8 short by 3 multiple games. Always mini teams only.

Then lag that meant that every time I tried to empty my clip to an enemy it'd just pump out a few bullets and get killed.

Now the final nail in the coffin, I have a great 6000 pt game, finally earned my tactical light, and once game ends... "connection to EA lost", and seems like I didn't earn any points for the game.

I'm just about this close to snap the DVD from the middle and jump side tomorrow. Better maybe sleep on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom