• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob White

RbBrdMan said:
Update is in progress now.

Hopefully they switch the servers to "retail" mode. I'm still getting screen flicker, can't bind keys, kicked out after a match and losing all my progress, and the servers are "caspian border password era" laggy. Bah.....

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Spl1nter said:
Operation Metro is certifiably the worst map DICE has ever released. Thank god the other maps played so far: Kharg, Firestorm, Caspian, Siene and Tehran are infinitely better.

I didn't think I would like Siene but it is turning into one of my favorites. I haven't had much exposure to Tehran or Kharg. I've quit everytime Metro came up in the rotation. lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
So, if someone on the east coast of NA buys the pc version at a store at midnight tonight and loads it up, they could be playing it before people who have it preloaded and are waiting for a 3AM unlock? #WTF

desu

Just finished SP, 5.5h on normal. Mostly enjoyed it except some parts closer to the end. Subtile music and the awesome sound in general are godlike.

JWong

Banned
Nostalgia~4ever said:
sry i am watching MP stream, that is why.

btw footage looks good on 360, dont know why DICE was hiding it.
Because it probably wasn't until they were ready to show it with that trailer.

MrBig

Atilac said:
how do you get the specast outfits?
SPECACT?
they are a pre-order bonus at Best Buy and some other retailers. There are other camos available (though they are just camos, not new models like specact) that you can unlock via ranking up.

Speaking of which, is BB emailing codes or are they on the receipt? I haven't received an email yet..

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The Commo Rose In-Game

comorose.png

twitter-600x310.png

minimap-600x336.png

DietRob

MrBig said:
SPECACT?
they are a pre-order bonus at Best Buy and some other retailers. There are other camos available (though they are just camos, not new models like specact) that you can unlock via ranking up.

They are also like a level 2 unlock.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Amazon shipped my order(PC version) should be getting it tomorrow but when I check track my package..

Shipment Date: October 24, 2011
Estimated Arrival: October 25, 2011
Carrier estimated arrival date: December 31, 1969

vanty

Spl1nter said:
Operation Metro is certifiably the worst map DICE has ever released. Thank god the other maps played so far: Kharg, Firestorm, Caspian, Siene and Tehran are infinitely better.
Not even close, and this is just the first that came to mind.

maps_5.jpg

woober

The jet mission is fucking amazing. I'm going to do a re-run of that level after I finish single player and record it in 1080p max settings. I'll try to leave it as uncompressed as possible for your viewing glory.

Eric WK

DenogginizerOS said:
So, if someone on the east coast of NA buys the pc version at a store at midnight tonight and loads it up, they could be playing it before people who have it preloaded and are waiting for a 3AM unlock? #WTF

They're still going to have to unlock it, I would assume.

DTKT

Jesus, the map is still terrible. What is so hard with DICE and UI/menus? They comm rose is close to useless, the map is pretty bad and you can't pick a squad?

I mean common.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
My new headphones aren't going to make it today :(
Hopefully UPS won't be too late since I don't want to start BF3 without them and I'm running to Kmart first thing tomorrow to pick it up with my Batman credit.

Genesis Knight said:
Is commorose on consoles?
Not yet. I think it will be eventually.

Megasoum

Banned
So where is the physical warfare pack stuff? Is it supposed to be unlocked from the get go? Only thing I could remember was the Type-88 and I couldn't find it.... I did get kill be one 2 minutes later tough lol...ugh

derFeef

Have any of you tried playing/launching with the Steam overlay? I would prefer that, I know it worked in the beta somehow but I could not get it to work for me.

The SP is kinda confusing at the moment.

It's starting to get better paced and designed, but is still lacking something. I can't quite put my finger on it. I'm having fun now, quite a lot of fun in fact, so that's a good sign, but I still don't feel that rush that I should.

And I don't know why.

Spl1nter

RbBrdMan said:
I didn't think I would like Siene but it is turning into one of my favorites. I haven't had much exposure to Tehran or Kharg. I've quit everytime Metro came up in the rotation. lol

Kharg is a very good map. Tehran I only played part of one round on a shitty laggy server but it seems to be good as well. Still havent played grand bazaar, peak or canals. I have high hopes for canals.

vanty said:
Not even close, and this is just the first that came to mind.

http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/21/others/maps_5.jpg

No way. Berlin was a ton of fun. It just wasnt a 64 players map. Metro is just bad.

Victrix

*beard*
MrBig said:
Well then, its good to know there aren't any actual pre-order exclusives beyond the free map pack then :)

That unlocks in a month or so I think

Why you would ever want to fragment your community from the getgo with different maps is beyond me, but hey, preorder incentives!

DietRob

Spl1nter said:
Kharg is a very good map. Tehran I only played part of one round on a shitty laggy server but it seems to be good as well. Still havent played grand bazaar, peak or canals. I have high hopes for canals.

The one match I played on Tehran was a lag fest also. I only got about 5 minutes in before the server kicked me.

Kharg Island is so good. Just taking down chopper and jet each after each with my stinger missiles. Already had a lot of battlefield moments of crazy, like two jets colliding right in front of me on a roof, with headphones and wartapes on that shit got intense. Another one was standing inside a building while every wall just seemed to be destroyed by helicopters and a tanks, was panicking. :p

Oh and I have been wondering what they use this shovel for... When they have to shit on the battleground?

bf32011-10-2422-40-12-3jvx.jpg

vanty

Spl1nter said:
No way. Berlin was a ton of fun. It just wasnt a 64 players map. Metro is just bad.
90% of the time the Russians don't even grey a single flag, and their average life is about 3 seconds long. An appalling map that has no reason to exist alongside Stalingrad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom