• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foliorum Viridum said:
I said the jet level. Of course I'm talking about SP.

4th level has been the best so far. Better scripting, better gunfights, beautiful visuals. Still lacking that oomph that makes the Modern Warfare games so exciting, though.

sry i am watching MP stream, that is why.

btw footage looks good on 360, dont know why DICE was hiding it.

Darklord

Banned
"Ready to install"

*click* :D

"installing"................................................................

*20 minutes later*

"Ready to install"

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Amagon

I'm in the pickle here. I bypass the date verification and what not and when I try to load BF3 (campaign) after the initialization and logging into the game. The computer screen goes black and flicks off and on for a good 5 secs and then I would have to ctrl+alt+delete in order to get to the task manager cause BF3 would stop working. Any solutions to this problem? Running on a Alienware M11x laptop which according to others that played the beta (before I got this laptop) was able to play with medium settings. So wtf, lol???

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
So, consensus is to -not- download from a third-party DD service as Origin will just re-download the whole thing once you enter the key, right?

Metalmurphy said:
I've been playing the SP for 10 minutes and I'm already bored as hell.

Screw this, i'm going where the real fun is at.
Same here. It's pretty, but damn boring. MP is definitely where the real fun is.

Arcipello

so everyone here that is playing used the korean IP trick... can someone PLEASE either PM about how you did it or just do a quick step by step on this thread... right now i have openVPN but as far as i can tell i cant change my ip with it i only have the ability to browse websites with a "private tunnel"

Luixfern said:
The cellphone carrier?

Tech and Talk baby.

tumblr_kza482QUq31qanok5.png

Spawned in a jet.

Took off though "hey this is easier than expected"

Heard loud warning noises.

Got confused and stressed and crashed it into some rock.

That was my first time with a jet in BF3. :(

Nabs

Arcipello said:
so everyone here that is playing used the korean IP trick... can someone PLEASE either PM about how you did it or just do a quick step by step on this thread... right now i have openVPN but as far as i can tell i cant change my ip with it i only have the ability to browse websites with a "private tunnel"

You don't have to use VPN software. Just type Proxy in your start menu and open up the config menu. Click the LAN button and then add your proxy down below. Start Origin > Run BF3 > Unlock it > Quit > Remove proxy > Restart Origin/BF3 > Have fun.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32103012&postcount=1267 There's an IP here. there are more in this thread if it doesn't work.

Blutonium

mcrae said:
just unlocked it with these instructions:

1. Run/Login to Origin
2. Run Internet Explorer
2a. Internet Options
2b. Connections Tab
2c. Lan Settings
2d. Check the proxy box and input 211.53.208.28 into the IP box and 3128 into the Port.
2e. Save
3. Run BF3 via Origin (a date verification will run)
4. Once the verification is done go back to IE and disable the proxy so your internet traffic is not routed through it. If you do not disable it you risk your own security.
5. Play BF3

worked easy as pie

Thanks a lot good sir, playing on Grand Bazaar right now as a European :)

Smokey

WoodenLung said:
Spawned in a jet.

LOL

I wish I could've seen this.

J-Rzez

Nice, the amphibious vehicles made it into the game. The maps look insane thus far. I need this in my pants right now.

Those who used the work around to play early in MP, are they going to be able to keep their stats come NA server opening, or are they going to lose them?

mcrae

when i zoom in with sniper rifles, im getting a shit load of flickering of textures, anyone know what that could be from? i have AA off but post AA on?

WoodenLung said:
Spawned in a jet.

You pulled a Cougar, when you should have been a Maverick.

That's a great OT, slightly bloated but whatever. Not that hyped for the game but Gamefly just shipped my copy, I'm interested in digging in the multiplayer and marveling at the graphics.

Izayoi

Banned
Radec said:
Man, those are gorgeous screens. Takes too long to load though (crappy net)
They're lossless.

Anyone who willingly desecrates this game with shitty JPG compression and sub-par hosting is a monster.

Foliorum Viridum said:
Izayoi, that's the level I've just finished. Not only the first good one of the game, but gorgeous to boot.
Yup, that level and after are where the game really picks up. I'm enjoying it immensely.

goodfella

I might have to bump the campaign difficulty down to normal for that section in your first set of screen shots.

I swear that there is no cover, and the enemies just keep re spawning.

jorma

is now taking requests
watching the ign stream - they should have let the girl continue playing that last map, she was rocking it in the beginning.

Izayoi

Banned
Getting more into the not-previously-seen stuff here. No spoilers other than location. Scroll past if you don't want to see.

bf32011-10-2412-07-23-9dwx.png

bf32011-10-2412-07-44-ac5p.png

bf32011-10-2412-09-07-8c6z.png

bf32011-10-2412-10-56-rey1.png

bf32011-10-2412-11-43-xdgo.png

Menelaus said:
oh boy, Izayoi is posting giant screens again.
Prepare your body.

Izayoi

Banned
Menelaus said:
dude, stop posting spoiler-y giant fucking screens. 1) annoying, and 2) goddamn spoilers.
Bro, they're not spoilers. On a level that's been covered to hell and back.

goodfella said:
I might have to bump the campaign difficulty down to normal for that section in your first set of screen shots.

I swear that there is no cover, and the enemies just keep re spawning.
The part with the machine gun nests?

Hint:
Hug the walls, creep forward and listen to AI suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom