• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulfate

i had perfect games but my buddy was constantly disconnecting, i hope they fix it soon

also every game i was playing was CQ assault, is there any other mode on the new maps?

If anyone is getting the "lost connection to server" error, restart your PC. Worked for me for some reason, but I understand that it isn't a fix all.

Edit: and yes all game types are playable on all maps.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
These maps are worlds better than the ones that shipped with the game, what the hell.

I dunno. I like Damavand Peak (yes, GAF, shoot me), Caspian and Firestorm. And at times Metro can be fun when it isn't cheese-mode. :/

The other two can fuck off and die however.

TheSeks

Wow, the QBU 88 is a shit weapon. Bolt action for life.

QBU works? QBU is totally bugged on PS3.

Now the QBB: Best LMG until you unlock the MG36 which is bugged on B2K maps on PS3. But on classic maps the MG36 is hellfire.

DMeisterJ

Banned
QBU works? QBU is totally bugged on PS3.

Now the QBB: Best LMG until you unlock the MG36 which is bugged on B2K maps on PS3. But on classic maps the MG36 is hellfire.
It works as in its selectable, but it doesn't work outside of that. And yeah, I'm trying to unlock the QBB

demolitio

I love how all the new weapons come with the 12x scope equipped as if half of them can do anything with that. Just what I wanted on my SMG! :D

abuC

I dunno. I like Damavand Peak (yes, GAF, shoot me), Caspian and Firestorm. And at times Metro can be fun when it isn't cheese-mode. :/

The other two can fuck off and die however.

I like some of the original maps, the problem is I mostly play 64 players and these maps seem like they were built with high player counts in mind with centralized action.

NIN90

So I bought the DLC and when I try to join a B2K server it tells me that I need to buy it first. What gives?

Edit: I'm on PC btw.

RS4-

Haven't had any problems with the game crashing or anything like that.

Only issue I do have right now is with rush maps and being able to spawn camp far too easily.

MrBig

US gets sweet new swank in the form of the F-35 while the RU gets the same old junk? What is this?

Also Conquest Assault is junk. The defender always wins.

Salacious Crumb

Is anyone else getting a "You are missing the game content from the game." error when connecting to a server sometimes.

It seems to be map dependent, it never happens when the server is on Karkand or Wake, but it seems about 50/50 on Oman and Sharqi.

The maps are all so good, but dealing with all the sever crashes and the problem above is making me fucking rage.

On conq assault one team doesn't have an uncappable point, and one team begins with more tickets. Attackers do have uncap's and have to capture the points away from the defending team.

Basically, the defenders have to hold at least one point in order to spawn, otherwise you end up watching a guy try and Sam Fisher mode his way around the map to cap one.

Which is basically Rush. Its a devious way to get Battlefield 2 purists to play it without them knowing....

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Which is basically Rush. Its a devious way to get Battlefield 2 purists to play it without them knowing....
It's kind of the opposite of Rush. Camping in one spot is a good way for the defense to get swept. I've played some really short Conquest Assault matches for that reason.

Well, I guess some maps like Karkand tend to have a "rolling front", so it's somewhat similar.

TheSeks

Doin' it wrong.jpg

Attack: Split into 3-4 teams. One group goes toward the very back. Proceed to stealth cap while most of the defense is busy on the front lines with 2-3 groups. Once that's capped go for the next closest in the back.

Generally the defense (much to my dismay when on the defense) will NEVER defend the back flags and most everyone will go toward the closest one to get LOL KILLS instead of defense.

In any case, once you gain majority to start bleeding them hang there. Start shooting anyone that comes back to reclaim the flags and win. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that the attackers have the advantage 9/10 of the time once all players are on the same page as the attackers get a hell of a bunch of vehicles to support them while the defense gets SHIT in return. Oh, you get an Attack Helicopter, that can be shot with a TV missile at the start of the round or stolen by the enemy if they take E on Sharqi for instance.

Hey DICE: Instead of "playing like gentlemen" when it comes to balance, be a dick. There is no reason the attackers should get TWO helicopters as soon as the flag is taken and even then they shouldn't even be able to steal the goddamn thing given they can't in normal conquest.

Which is basically Rush.

Not really. Rush has a 30 second window to defuse the bomb. Here, it's normal Conquest with a Rush-feel. You have to ATTACK/DEFEND your bleed. What trips most people up is that they want to continue to cap flags like normal Conquest instead of just bleeding the defense to a win. Which is fine because they can then kill whoever remains while the rest have to stay at the spawn screen, but generally this means the defense will flank and take the other flags back and proceed to start bleed again.

The different versions of the maps for conquest and conquest assault were confusing to me. Was totally unimpressed with the maps until I loaded up a game of normal conquest on Gulf of Oman. It seemed to be a lot bigger + more vehicles than the conquest assault flavor, which is what I think BF is all about.

There doesn't seem to be a way to filter out if you want conquest or conquest assault though.

BTW: I don't think anybody noticed but the Physical Warfare Pack (Gamestop pre-order) is available for a free download on the Xbox Live Marketplace.

Daigoro

To ask again, the effectiveness of IRNV on 360 has finally been reduced, correct? I haven't had a real chance to test it out myself yet.

totally borked. i tried in on Bazaar earlier and it was just a green blur. i got killed 3 times in a row before i removed it from every weapon i used it on.

i posted about this earlier this morning when i first tried the new update.

Feels the same to me, as well as tactical light. Maybe next patch?

not the same at all, its now broken. though people were saying that it works on some maps?

i cant be arsed to switch scopes every map though, so im probably going to drop it for good.

mr_nothin

Banned
Somebody pls tell me why the beaches are already captured on Gulf?
That's so stupid, why didnt they start the whole team off on the carrier and have them invade?

Please tell me that the version I described is regular Conquest and not Conquest assault

Spl1nter

That's so stupid, why didnt they start the whole team off on the carrier and have them invade?

Please tell me that the version I described is regular Conquest and not Conquest assault

Thats the way it was in BF2, they kept everything the same.

demolitio

I could have sworn CQ Assault had all flags as RU and I remember playing that once, but the normal Conquest version is a split if I recall so that was probably it. I remember going from Assault to regular CQ back-to-back and I noticed the difference.

cresto

Have a 360 Question for y'all:

I DL'd the update early this morning and its been great. I went to sleep and got up to play again and noticed the amount of flag points had changed. When playing Sharqi Peninsula, the map went from 6 (I think) flags to three, but it was still 12v12. Is this a different form of CQ?When I got home from work later this evening, it went back up to the larger number of flags. What gives? I kind of liked Sharqi with only a few flags.

demolitio

Any good players want to hammer out SDM to get the L85? I really fucking hate the mode but that was my favorite gun.

And this is how I sum up my first SDM game while ranting on Steam:

-Demo-: this pisses me off
-Demo-: my favorite gun
-Demo-: being held hostage by a shitty mode
-Demo-: just so DICE can say ppl played that mode and that they didnt waste dev time
Max: lol right
-Demo-: its like theyre dangling the carrot in front of us
-Demo-: every other gun doesnt require BS like that
-Demo-: why must it be MY gun that does?
-Demo-: at least make it a mode that isnt all about kills
-Demo-: make it a mode where good teamwork can win it instead
-Demo-: not this COD bullshit

And note, I had a 2:1 ratio and was second in the room so it's not that I suck...lol

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Man i can see why dice went with the style of maps they did at launch. The classic maps are brutal!! I've forgotten how crazy karkand is lol. There are no safe places and you will be flanked. I feel like the vanilla maps were a nice pair of training wheels. Also the destruction is isane :eek:

Nekrono

*Joins GAF server*

*Aquire sniping position*

*Shoots a dude across the island on Wake Island...*

*New record... 699 meters*
*Game ends*

Felt good.

TUROK

Dudes, is there any way to make it so windowed mode runs at a lower resolution than my native res? I don't have the best computer out there, so I want to run it at a lower res without the image getting all distorted.

Daigoro

so did handguns get that buff in this recent patch? because they felt gooood this morning when i played. love it.

also LOL @ mines. they are useless now. i will be getting so many anti-explosive ribbons in the next few weeks. makes me happy. :D tank whore 4 life.

Oh, wow, the TV tower on Oman I think? Those stairs are way too easy to completely lock down with Claymores. Put an ammo box on two, free kills. I think people really near the guy who walks into them get supressed too, so finishing off stragglers isn't impossible either. And you can angle grenades like three floors down if you're good at it!

thats Sharqi and that stairway has always been easy to lock down. there used to be some epic battles to push and break through to that flag back in the day.

there werent claymores though! that will change things slightly. just gotta pay attention and it wont be too bad for the attacker, but it will slow things down.

US gets sweet new swank in the form of the F-35 while the RU gets the same old junk? What is this?

noway! it just depends on the teams and if people know what they're doing...

Doin' it wrong.jpg

Attack: Split into 3-4 teams. One group goes toward the very back. Proceed to stealth cap while most of the defense is busy on the front lines with 2-3 groups. Once that's capped go for the next closest in the back.

Generally the defense (much to my dismay when on the defense) will NEVER defend the back flags and most everyone will go toward the closest one to get LOL KILLS instead of defense.

In any case, once you gain majority to start bleeding them hang there. Start shooting anyone that comes back to reclaim the flags and win. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that the attackers have the advantage 9/10 of the time once all players are on the same page as the attackers get a hell of a bunch of vehicles to support them while the defense gets SHIT in return. Oh, you get an Attack Helicopter, that can be shot with a TV missile at the start of the round or stolen by the enemy if they take E on Sharqi for instance.

Hey DICE: Instead of "playing like gentlemen" when it comes to balance, be a dick. There is no reason the attackers should get TWO helicopters as soon as the flag is taken and even then they shouldn't even be able to steal the goddamn thing given they can't in normal conquest.

Not really. Rush has a 30 second window to defuse the bomb. Here, it's normal Conquest with a Rush-feel. You have to ATTACK/DEFEND your bleed. What trips most people up is that they want to continue to cap flags like normal Conquest instead of just bleeding the defense to a win. Which is fine because they can then kill whoever remains while the rest have to stay at the spawn screen, but generally this means the defense will flank and take the other flags back and proceed to start bleed again.

yeah, had a similar game on Sharqi (3 flag) today, we were down by like 100 tickets to 18 and i was like "don't attack, just bleed them out"

Except of course it's absolutely nothing like rush and is literally identical to Battlefield 2. If you're down to one cap point as defenders and you all try to just hold that point you will shortly see the "your team lost" screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom