• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

lol...

Why should the whole system be based on a random chance?

Why shouldn't I know if I aim properly I will or won't get the kill?

Why shouldn't I know if I suppress someone I am safe or not to move up or leave cover so I can flank?

It is bullshit randomness, nothing more.
That subsystem is clearly based on not so subtly guiding people to find alternatives to firing into suppression, ssomething that should be obvious, but apparently isn't to some.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
That subsystem is clearly based on not so subtly guiding people to find alternatives to firing into suppression, ssomething that should be obvious, but apparently isn't to some.

lol...

If it's designed to make people take cover, flank, use team work etc why is there a chance (and a rather large one) to simply shoot through it like it isn't even there?

IT.

IS.

RANDOM.

How hard is that to understand?

If it actually worked. If you couldn't actually hit anything ever while suppressed, FINE. Good! Leave it! But it simply does NOT work like that.

lol...

If it's designed to make people take cover, flank, use team work etc why is there a chance (and a rather large one) to simply shoot through it like it isn't even there?

IT.

IS.

RANDOM.

How hard is that to understand?

If it actually worked. If you couldn't actually hit anything ever while suppressed, FINE. Good! Leave it! But it simply does NOT work like that.

In real life if you shoot through suppression you will occasionally hit your target, even in real life it's "random". I really don't see your problem with it.

Suppression disorients you, if you fire blindly you will, in all likelihood, not hit your target. You sometimes will.

EDIT: Just checked, all suppression does, besides blur vision obviously, is increase spread per shot. This makes hitting under suppression as "random" as hitting without suppression (though the odds are decreased).

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
In real life if you shoot through suppression you will occasionally hit your target, even in real life it's "random". I really don't see your problem with it.

In real life, if you took 1 shot to the face you would die.

EDIT: Just checked, all suppression does, besides blur vision obviously, is increase spread per shot. This makes hitting under suppression as "random" as hitting without suppression (though the odds are decreased).

It increases it enough so shots don't hit at point blank range...

Colonel 46
Most used weapon: KH2002
K/D: 2.96 climbing fast.
W/L: 2.89 extremely rarely playing in anything more than a squad of 2.
SPM: 835 and rising
"Skill": 729.9 (no idea what this even means.)

Looked up your name on battlelog and LOL xbox stats.

If you have such a problem with such a major core game mechanic why are you still playing the game after so many hours? If you always have a squad member running cover then it isn't even that bad. Hell, if you have nothing better to play you could always just whore vehicles and never have to deal with suppression again. Or just switch to COD/MOH/whatever else is out at the moment. Dice doesn't even put in enough effort to fix all the bugs that have been around since launch.

Denial won't solve anything. You have to accept the fact you are bad at the game, than you can learn to play.

There are a number of videos and guides for people new to the game you can find online o help make you a decent player.

Nice troll job bro. I fully endorse this comment.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
If you have such a problem with such a major core game mechanic why are you still playing the game after so many hours? If you always have a squad member running cover then it isn't even that bad. Hell, if you have nothing better to play you could always just whore vehicles and never have to deal with suppression again. Or just switch to COD/MOH/whatever else is out at the moment. Dice doesn't even put in enough effort to fix all the bugs that have been around since launch.

I enjoy the game, if I didn't I wouldn't be a premium member.

Fact is, there are problems with it (radical idea I know fanboys) that could and should be fixed.

scogoth

I enjoy the game, if I didn't I wouldn't be a premium member.

Fact is, there are problems with it (radical idea I know fanboys) that could and should be fixed.

Suppression is one of the major mechanics of the game and a factor they consider in balacing the game. If you just removed it the game would be utterly broken. It would be like saying, "crouching is retarded I think people dont need cover cause nobody does that in real life"

Quit complaining junior

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Suppression is one of the major mechanics of the game and a factor they consider in balacing the game. If you just removed it the game would be utterly broken. It would be like saying, "crouching is retarded I think people dont need cover cause nobody does that in real life"

Quit complaining junior

I wouldn't mind it being a key mechanic if it worked correctly. I would actually like it because it makes sense.

I personally love suppression. Missing at point blank is possible given the shot spread, suppression just makes it more likely you miss at point blank. If you have a problem with suppression it means you have a problem with the entire spread mechanic. You can't be okay with the spread mechanic but think suppression is shit, they are intrinsically linked.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I personally love suppression. Missing at point blank is possible given the shot spread, suppression just makes it more likely you miss at point blank. If you have a problem with suppression it means you have a problem with the entire spread mechanic. You can't be okay with the spread mechanic but think suppression is shit, they are intrinsically linked.

Normal spread is (for example) 0.2 degrees while suppression spread is like 20 degrees (Numbers pulled out of ass). Comparing them is silly.

Spl1nter

Here's the issue bud. When you get suppressed on consoles aim assist stops working. So you being so reliant on aim assists means you than miss every single shot. Learn to play without aim assist and than maybe you can kill someone.

Makes more sense now why you so fervently hate suppression.

Here's the issue bud. When you get suppressed on consoles aim assist stops working. So you being so reliant on aim assists means you than miss every single shot. Learn to play without aim assist and than maybe you can kill someone.

If true, this explains EVERYTHING. No wonder SatansReverance is complaining; he can't aim.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

Sigh, so even though I am aiming dead center of my opponent it's totally because I can't aim.

Yup, ok.

Sigh, so even though I am aiming dead center of my opponent it's totally because I can't aim.

Yup, ok.

This is all in your head. If you're really at point blank and getting suppressed and missing it's probably because you're aiming in the wrong direction. even with an insane amount of spread at point blank your shots should be hitting at least 50% of the time.

Hejdlond

This is all in your head. If you're really at point blank and getting suppressed and missing it's probably because you're aiming in the wrong direction. even with an insane amount of spread at point blank your shots should be hitting at least 50% of the time.

Yeeeeah, about that. In this clip I put 9 bullets (which should do 25 damage per bullet) from the AEK in the back of a guy and then 3 shots (at 50 damage per shot) from the MP412 REX in the front. 2 of the 9 AEK shots and none of the REX shots register. But I guess I already might've been dead before firing the REX, only that it takes a second or so for bullets to register sometimes. I guess it might partly have been a server issue as well, but I've had many weird encounters point blank besides that one.

I think suppression is a good mechanic, but sometimes it's not working very well.

Looks more like an issue with hit detection than suppression.

mr_nothin

Banned

And this is why I dont play the game anymore. It just looks so stupid now...looks like a parody D:

that really could explain everything since i always play games with aim assist off if there's an option in the settings to do so

Here's the issue bud. When you get suppressed on consoles
ON CONSOLES

Well, there's your problem.

Norua

Banned
Yeah I got it back. Nothing happenned on my Origin or Battlelog account though. Apparently a lot of people got "hacked" yesterday.

I don't know if I should change my password on websites where it was the same as the Origin one.

you on console or pc? if pc, join into a game, then go to options and key bindings. change to your hearts content :]
I'm on PC. I did go the key bindings but couldn't find one that would switch weapons/kits, unless I'm doing something embarrassingly stupid, there doesn't seem to be a key binding for it.

Oh I know that, what I meant was when I try to change kits. Example: I kill an enemy, now if I want to change my kit to his, I have to hold R to change it. I was wondering if I could change that to another button. Sorry for not making myself clear. >.<

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Oh I know that, what I meant was when I try to change kits. Example: I kill an enemy, now if I want to change my kit to his, I have to hold R to change it. I was wondering if I could change that to another button. Sorry for not making myself clear. >.<

Yes, I'm pretty sure, but that would also change your reload button. The pick-up-kit move requires a good deal of holding R though, so it shouldn't be a problem to just tap reload. Alternately, if you want to make it more accessible, I'd say just remap "reload".

For BF4, the losing team should get no points at all. Nothing. Nada.

It annoys me to no end to see snipers on cranes, tall buildings, and as attackers as rush. People need incentives to fight and not worry about their kd/r.

It annoys me to no end to see snipers on cranes, tall buildings, and as attackers as rush. People need incentives to fight and not worry about their kd/r.

Fuck that.

I'm always on the top players of the losing time, I'd be majorly upset if that happened.

I have no problems in increasing substantially the bonus for the winning team though.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

It's my least favorite class, but snipers are needed to counter snipe and provide cover fire for the attackers in Rush. Less so after the suppression patch, but they're far from unnecessary.

I imagine that not being able to level your kit because your teammates are clowns would be infuriating.

Facism

recons with Sniper rifles equipped shouldn't get points at all. In fact, they should be auto-kicked and permed from ther server as soon as they fire.

scogoth

recons with Sniper rifles equipped shouldn't get points at all. In fact, they should be auto-kicked and permed from ther server as soon as they fire.

every one who is not recon with sniper rifle should be kicked. Just because 99.999% of people are shot with it means they are bad not the class

Top Bottom