• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

GuessWho

I upgrade to Windows 8 and while it didn't break, I do feel like it is a little more choppy. It could of been the server but I'll see. Urgh

GuessWho

yeah so windows 8..I presume has completely fucked up bf3 for me. It was working fine but now it consistently crashing to desktop after 30 seconds of play. I even reinstalled the game and updated PB. Wtf Dice. It's the only game that causes this error.

Portugeezer

Got BF3 Premium, the Karkand and newer maps are awesome. Shame most maps BF3 launched with were shit, put me off the game, but I'm liking it right now.

Bumping, Premium update: first look at crossbow and Aftermath gameplay footage.

Four bolts let you adapt to any situation
Once you have unlocked the new crossbow via the Assignment Sticks and Stones [Perform X], you will have immediate access to the standard barbed crossbow bolt.

While we wouldn’t recommend anyone being hit by this bolt, it has a rather pronounced bullet drop bolt drop and therefore limited range. The other three bolt types for the crossbow are individually unlocked by Assignments, and you can bring both your crossbow and all associated bolts back with you to the base game.

The high explosive bolt is a short range bolt laden with C4, exploding on impact. While not packing as much punch as an RPG shot or C4 charge, it still gives Assault players (who normally only have grenades in way of explosives) a chance to destroy vehicles or blow holes in the terrain to make tactical use of the destruction in Battlefield 3.

Then there’s the scan bolt, featuring a tip that includes a radio emitter, scanning the nearby area for enemies (in a 10 meter radius to be exact). Finally, the double feathered aerodynamic balanced bolt gives any class the ability to deliver deadly force at extreme range. For the Engineer class, for example, this means a rare chance to broaden their play style by adding long range engagement to what they already excel at: repairing/destroying vehicles and medium range combat.

In this manner, the four different bolts and the crossbow become a jack of all trades solution suitable for any class. While none of the available bolts are as powerful as the standard weapons they mimic (a genuine sniper rifle will always be more powerful than a sniper bolt, for example), the ability to switch bolt type on the fly means any class can adapt to any situation. We are super excited about this new addition to Battlefield and are eager to see how it will shape gameplay online, both in Aftermath and when bringing it back to the base game.

Donos

oh oh, more trouble for low flying helis with the explosive bolt. Is the crossbow useable in all maps/modes?

Dice/EA are still ridiculous with "exclusive" trailers for Premium members. Give me camos, other knives or spinner rims for the jeep and ATV but don't tell me "GET THAT EXCLUSIVE TRAILER ONLY PREMIUM MEMBERS CAN SEE, NEXT MONTH YOU GET AN EXCLUSIVE ART PDF ONLY PREMI'UM MEMBERS CAN OPEN. WOOOHOOO"

Vossler

Finally may get some time this weekend to enjoy premium....bought it last week, and between work, life, and Guild Wars 2, I haven't had any time to play. Interested to see how Close QUarters holds up in the Battlefield universe....

Walshicus

yeah so windows 8..I presume has completely fucked up bf3 for me. It was working fine but now it consistently crashing to desktop after 30 seconds of play. I even reinstalled the game and updated PB. Wtf Dice. It's the only game that causes this error.

Okay, so it's not just me! Anyone have any fix for this?

oh oh, more trouble for low flying helis with the explosive bolt. Is the crossbow useable in all maps/modes?

Dice/EA are still ridiculous with "exclusive" trailers for Premium members. Give me camos, other knives or spinner rims for the jeep and ATV but don't tell me "GET THAT EXCLUSIVE TRAILER ONLY PREMIUM MEMBERS CAN SEE, NEXT MONTH YOU GET AN EXCLUSIVE ART PDF ONLY PREMI'UM MEMBERS CAN OPEN. WOOOHOOO"

i don't think i've ever watched a PREMIUM TRAILER on their site, i always watch them on Youtube. and seriously, spinning rims on a jeep or a new neon colored knife would be better than a PDF that's gonna be on dropbox in 5 minutes.

Walshicus

Looks like I'm getting booted because:

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player '[ME]' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed

Really hope I don't have to reinstall the game.

Donos

Divius, Premium seems to be 24.99€ at the Irish Origin Store. You have to disable Java to not get redirected to your home Origin site but for the buying process it has to be enabled again. Don't use the green "Buy" button. Instead go to the game (Premium) and use "buy now".

link to store: http://store.origin.com/store?Action=search&Locale=en_IE&SiteID=eaemea&keywords=battlefield+premium

Deal in german: http://hukd.mydealz.de/deals/battle...r-premium-24-99-im-origin-store-irland-129711

In the Origin Store Ireland I found the two offers. To get to the store you need to disable Javascript or you'll always be directed to the German store. Before her then goes to Paypal, you must re-enable JS.

Here is the link to the offer:

http://store.origin.com/store?Action=search&Locale=en_IE&SiteID=eaemea&keywords=battlefield+premium

To put a game on the basket, NOT right click the green button, but left-click on the game and in the next screen click on "Buy now". In your address Germany is not offered, I took Spain, has worked.

Divius

That's what i mean. And btw, you are a Firestorm fanboy. Maybe next time i'll join when i see on :) . Maybe my Firestorm curse is over.
Yeah I've been having some nice rounds in Firestorm + I still have this 2k ticket server I like to play on (which is Firestorm only)

Divius, Premium seems to be 24.99€ at the Irish Origin Store.
Yeah, in the Dutch store as well. Still not buying it :p

Donos

Yeah I've been having some nice rounds in Firestorm + I still have this 2k ticket server I like to play on (which is Firestorm only)

Yeah, in the Dutch store as well. Still not buying it :p

You are afraid of tanks aren't you :p. Isn't the 2k server a "noob" server ? when i klicked it in battlelog your enemy team consisted of almost only < lvl 10 players :)

Going to kickstart a "divius4premium" project. Give 1&#8364;: drive in tank with Don , give 2&#8364; be in his Squad and get yelled at how you suck.

Back to topic: not convinced Aftermath is going to be as good as the other DLCs. Then again i thought Close Quarters would suck. Nevertheless i got my worth out of Premium already.

Walshicus

Start menu > services.msc > Make sure PnkBstrA isn't disabled.

Download this:

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Add BF3, update.

Cheers! What I ended up doing was:

1) Uninstalling Punkbuster
2) Restarting
3) Going to my Origin > BF3 > Install (I think) > Punkbuster (again not sure exact folder name)
4) Running the install exe there.

I guess this might be a problem for anyone doing an upgrade from Win 7 to Win 8 that's not done clean-slate.

Divius

You are afraid of tanks aren't you :p.
Not at all, I eat tanks for breakfast! Although I am surprised I sometimes get disabled by a single shot from the front...how does that work?

Isn't the 2k server a "noob" server ? when i klicked it in battlelog your enemy team consisted of almost only < lvl 10 players :)
Hmm usually there's all kind of players in there.

be in his Squad and get yelled at how you suck.
This does not sound like something I would do.
;)

edit: we should get EuroGAF together on a planned date and have some fun all together.

Donos

Short rant incoming:
This "community" ... on a server i play regulary was a cheater with a P90 doing headshots across the map. he was 80:5 very fast and it was clear that he was a real cheater and not just the brother of buttersticks. i started a vote and we needed just 7 votes to kick him ... on a 32 vs 32 match. Vote failed three times. i just said in the chat that we you would only need to type "yes" in the chat but besides a few guys nobody did. Instead the other team started flaming me "then just leave bla bla".
Better to have a cheater on your side who is dominating the enemy team. SMH big time. I bet the same guys would cry out loud when they are on the recieving end of him.

I take everything back. This dude is just GOAT .
8ak9W.jpg
-_- Guess he wanted to make most out of double XP

Glad the server has pretty active admins most of the time.

Short rant incoming:
This "community" ... on a server i play regulary was a cheater with a P90 doing headshots across the map. he was 80:5 very fast and it was clear that he was a real cheater and not just the brother of buttersticks. i started a vote and we needed just 7 votes to kick him ... on a 32 vs 32 match. Vote failed three times. i just said in the chat that we you would only need to type "yes" in the chat but besides a few guys nobody did. Instead the other team started flaming me "then just leave bla bla".
Better to have a cheater on your side who is dominating the enemy team. SMH big time. I bet the same guys would cry out loud when they are on the recieving end of him.

I take everything back. This dude is just GOAT . -_- Guess he wanted to make most out of double XP

Glad the server has pretty active admins most of the time.

I plan on getting a monitor for my pc somewhere early next year. This game should keep me busy until BF4 comes out.

Donos

I recently tried the trialversion of BF3 on my PS3 and holy shit. Even the rather low settings on my notebook look way better than this.
Make sure to add me as i play rather regulary (1-2 hour in the evening) @ TurkishEmperor. donos_de

Donos

Oh, my bad. I thought you started 'maining' the PC version.

edit: I take the double XP is premium only? I haven't been getting any (not that I really care) but on a 60k point round it would be nice :p

Join the darkside. AK maps are quite good for your Assault rifles. Lots of engies to grab :)

Donos

Trying the AN-94 atm and i really like it (with Holo and bipod) but i feel really vulnerable against tanks in 64 ppl maps. With my Pecheneg / C4 loadout and as a engie i'm a serious threat to tanks but with Support i just can run away or hide and hope for an airstrike.
Do grenade launchers do damage against tanks?

Top Bottom