• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

"Update: Aftermath is being made available progressively for all our PC Premium members. It should be available to all PC Premium members no later than end of today."

Guess premium is slightly less premium.

Wow, this is incredible. Could they not allow premium members to pre-load everything? I thought the patch last night had Aftermath in its entirety, but mroe needs to be downloaded and we have to wait to do so? Crazy.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Wow, this is incredible. Could they not allow premium members to pre-load everything? I thought the patch last night had Aftermath in its entirety, but mroe needs to be downloaded and we have to wait to do so? Crazy.

Supposedly 4 gb worth. So the expansion plus patch was 7 gb.

I wondered this all yesterday :-(

Oh well, tonight will be sweet. Unless I get mine made available at 11:59 PM.

Yeah what the hell did I pay for

I made a long drive to my apartment when I could've stayed where I was last night, just so I could download this in the A.M. -_-

Are you serious? You will have AM today, as you were supposed to.

Also, you can set Origin to auto update.

It's Tuesday Oct. 4. If other services can get me the game earlier for pre-purchase then they should too.

Thanks for the auto update note though.

Exactly. It's not Oct 5th. You are arguing over a few hours when they never said the actual time of the release, just the date.

Exactly. It's not Oct 5th. You are arguing over a few hours when they never said the actual time of the release, just the date.

They haven't given us a timezone for that, it's 3PM here, and by the time I get home from work I would hope I have access. Still odd how EA couldn't allow a full preload, I mean AM is already up on Xbox.

I think I am just more annoyed that I don't know exactly when I can download. Not that I was revolving my schedule around this or anything...

They haven't given us a timezone for that, it's 3PM here, and by the time I get home from work I would hope I have access. Still odd how EA couldn't allow a full preload, I mean AM is already up on Xbox.

Well MS handles the update servers for the 360, not EA. My guess is they're still putting the update on all the regional datacenters, hence the "progressive availability"

Which means I'll be getting it last cause EA doesn't give a shit about Portugal -.-

Woo-Fu

Banned
are sure that's aftermath and not the patch? I downloaded that earlier, no aftermath access yet.

You tell me. ;)

sIUG5.png

Well MS handles the update servers for the 360, not EA. My guess is they're still putting the update on all the regional datacenters, hence the "progressive availability"

Which means I'll be getting it last cause EA doesn't give a shit about Portugal -.-

I was under the impression that MS and Sony allow EA to run their own servers? Perhaps not.

6 gb in patches...what a load of crap. Do PS3 owners have to download these huge updates? this is going to take half a day on my connection, then I have to download Far cry 3....

6 gb in patches...what a load of crap. Do PS3 owners have to download these huge updates? this is going to take half a day on my connection, then I have to download Far cry 3....

I personally don't mind 6GB patches, especially with the speeds that Origin provides. I wish they would allow us to preload the Aftermath content itself though, it must've been done for at least a week. Hopefully servers are not totally hammered and I can DL it in 5-10 minutes.

I personally don't mind 6GB patches, especially with the speeds that Origin provides. I wish they would allow us to preload the Aftermath content itself though, it must've been done for at least a week. Hopefully servers are not totally hammered and I can DL it in 5-10 minutes.

I don't like downloading anything, my connection is way too slow :/

I usually download big games at my dad's office. He has a fiber optic, super fast business internet. I am stuck with 200 kpbs DSL line in a 35 year old building :(

Why are you putting the expansion pack together with the patch? Did you really expect a small download from an expansion pack? Each map is like 800MB alone

I usually download big games at my dad's office. He has a fiber optic, super fast business internet. I am stuck with 200 kpbs DSL line in a 35 year old building :(

Shouldn't have gotten premium then :p

Oh God. 200kbps!?

The issue for premium and AM downloads has been found. The fix is being rolled out but may take a few hours for some. EAC can help out also.

https://twitter.com/gustavhalling/status/275946406295003137

So there is some error in distributing Aftermath, it isn't due to fears of a server overload it would seem.

REV 09

i downloaded a 3.8gb update last night? so that isn't the Aftermath content? i thought that they would issue a key to unlock that content from the pre-released update.

scogoth

i downloaded a 3.8gb update last night? so that isn't the Aftermath content? i thought that they would issue a key to unlock that content from the pre-released update.

nope.

So BF3 is up to 28GB with all the expansions..... Thats quite a lot

Not home yet, but I'll try this as soon as possible. Lot's of people reporting it works, it may take more than 3 times.

What I did was go into the server browser, select a Aftermath server and click "open in origin". I had to do this three times for the download to actually start. The first time nothing happend, the second time I got some error, the third it actually started!
For those wondering, I'm in Canada, Alberta. Time zone is GMT - 6:00, or MST (Mountain Standardized time) The time here is 8:52 am.

Screen

And yes, I dl'd the patch yesterday. I have yet to actually test it to see if it works, I will update this once I do.
Edit Confirmed!!

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/149l4n/attention_pc_players_how_i_dld_aftermath/

DarkFlow

Banned
Left a macro doing it for about an hour and nothing lol.

Support posted on the battlelog forums that you need to completely log out of origin to get it to show up. I logged out of both battlelog and origin and it started downloading.

Regarding the issue: You need to exit your Origin client completely and log back in in order to see the content in the Origin client -> BF3 info tab.

For more details, please check this thread from Answer HQ: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefiel...need-to-download-and-install-this/td-p/244618 [answers.ea.com]

Lol, after one hour of running the macro I stopped it before going for dinner, now I come back and the game is already fully updated with AM

scogoth

what's the best aa to use in this game? the msaa kills performance...I have a 7950

Theres only 2 options. Deferred AA which is 2x or 4x MSAA or Post Processing AA which is FXAA. 4x and 2x MSAA look better but demanding, then theres high med low FXAA which is really personal preference as all are pretty much the same for performance.

Jburton

Banned
Can't play at all after the update and Aftermath download.

Battle log does not work at all, this has never happened before ........ any ideas?

Donos

scavanger is ok but nothing else, gets boring real fast. Feels kinda like gungame/cqb. Maps with dozen corridors, corners and stuff everywhere.

I even think that gungame is way better than this. Going to try the bigger conquest maps at the weekend.

Top Bottom